Busta

Dec 24, 2021

Hi everyone. My name is Brendan and I live in Bendigo, Victoria. I am a recently retired primary school teacher. My interests are music, cooking, reading and gardening. I have 2 grown-up children and as yet no grandchildren. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Hi everyone. My name is Brendan and I live in Bendigo, Victoria. I am a recently retired primary school teacher. My interests are music, cooking, reading and gardening. I have 2 grown-up children and as yet no grandchildren. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
Welcome Brendan, thanks for being a teacher, I was lucky to have good teachers in my schooling, grateful for that, Merry Christmas

Welcome Brendan!

We'd love for you to share your answer to this icebreaker so we can get to know you better :D

What is your favourite dessert?

My favourite dessert.
1640722137418.png
Description: Mum used to make this and it was one of my favourite deserts.

Source: Mum’s Handwritten Recipe Book

Yield: 1 large flummery or 8 small ones

Ingredients:
  • 1 x 85g packet raspberry jelly
  • 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
  • 1 x 375 mL evaporated milk
  • chilled fresh raspberries, to serve
  • yogurt or whipped cream, to serve
Instructions:
  1. Combine raspberry jelly crystals and boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir until fully dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until the consistency of a thick syrup (1-2 hours).
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat evaporated milk with slightly set jelly on high speed for approximately 5 minutes or until doubled in volume. Should be thick and glossy.
  3. Spoon into a large serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for a further 2 hours or until set firm. Serve with fresh raspberries and yogurt or whipped cream.
  4. Or spoon into 8 individual glasses, cover and refrigerate for another 2 hours or until firm set.
  5. To serve; top with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
Notes: Flummery can be flavoured with any of your favourite fruit flavoured jelly. Passionfruit is another popular choice.

Last edited:
This is awesome! I'm going to move this into the recipe competition thread if you don't mind. It looks delicious!