New Disney collectibles drop at Woolworths across Australia! Hurry before stocks run out!

Disney lovers, brace yourselves because it’s time to recapture the magic of your golden years!

We’re absolutely thrilled to report that Woolworths is executing another brilliant manoeuvre to make your grocery shopping more delightful—Disney collectibles!

Yes, you read it right!

Woolworths has launched a range of brand-new shiny Disney collectables featuring characters tugging at our heartstrings for over a century.

And guess what? These collector cards are now available at any Woolworths store nationwide!

compressed-disney.jpeg
Only 100 ultra-rare holographic Walt Disney cards have been printed with a special prismatic effect. Source: Woolworths

From Disney darling Mickey Mouse to Grogu, the cute little Jedi, these collectables will have us all feeling nostalgic.

As the saying goes, a trip down memory lane is always a walk well worth wandering, isn't it?

And with 100 different prints to collect, the excitement never ends!

Fun-loving and adventurous grandparents would enjoy the experience of browsing through Woolworths' aisles, tossing essentials into the trolley, and collecting those nostalgic Disney cards together with their grandkids.

And here’s the cherry on the cake, starting now, if you shop at Woolworths until September 5th, 2023, or while supplies last, you can collect Disney 100 Wonders Collector Cards.

To get the cards, you need to spend at least $30 in one purchase at Woolworths stores. For online orders, you can get the cards with a minimum purchase of $30 for pick-up orders and $50 for delivery orders.

Have we sparked your curiosity yet? Wait till you hear about the rare surprise Woolies have in store!

As a tribute to Disney's 100th anniversary, hidden among the decks are ultra-rare holographic cards featuring the man who started it all—Walt Disney himself.

Isn't that a splendid treasure hunt reminiscent of our childhood fantasy novels?

Paul Stibbard, Senior Manager of Woolworths' Collectibles & Continuity, nodded towards the overwhelming success of previous collaborations like Disney Ooshies and Fix-ems, sparking this enchanting initiative of Disney 100 Wonders Collector Cards.

Stibbard shared the simple joy in the scheme, 'Our new Disney 100 Wonders Collector Cards give our customers a chance to bring home a special treat as part of their regular grocery shop.’

Our SDC members enthusiastically expressed excitement after hearing the news earlier:

@Suzanne rose shared: ‘A way to a person's heart is their child. What a great way to get a customer to spend. I still have a big bag of Coles shopping items as well as a bag of little books.’

@Johnyboy commented: ‘I think it's a great idea. My grandson loves these little treats from Woolies. It saves me money as I don't spend any extra money in Woolies to get them, and I don't have to buy him a treat. Win-win.’

Using an environment-friendly approach, Woolworths ensured these collector cards are Kerbside recyclable, using water-soluble inks and coatings on FSC-certified paper.

compressed-disney2.jpeg
When you’re done collecting, you can recycle these cards in a kerbside recycling bin. Source: Woolworths

In a delightful twist, Woolworths also lists an array of Disney-inspired recipes for shoppers to re-live, or introduce to their grandchildren, the whimsical world of Disney at home.

Imagine starting a bright, sunny Australian day with a slice of toast inspired by Frozen’s Olaf, the Ratatouille, or Monsters, Inc.’s Mike Wazowski—who wouldn't love that?

Key Takeaways

• Woolworths has launched a new Disney collectables range, including Disney collector cards.
  • The collector cards, a commemoration of Disney's 100th anniversary, feature characters from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars, with 100 individual prints of a rare holographic Walt Disney card also placed randomly.
  • These collectables follow the success of previous items such as Disney Ooshies and Fix-ems, according to Woolworths Senior Manager Collectibles & Continuity, Paul Stibbard.
  • Woolworths, besides presenting these collectables, has also shared a range of Disney-inspired recipes shoppers can follow, including Olaf toast, Ratatouille and Mike Wazowski-inspired toast.

There's a flurry of excitement in the air with these collectables returning. So, we suggest you brace your shopping lists, swing by your local Woolworths, or dive into their online store and start collecting these magical pieces of nostalgia right away.

Just remember, the early bird catches the worm…or, in this case, the much-coveted Disney collectables!

Members, what do you think of the idea of collecting the Disney cards together with your grandkids? Do you see this as a fun bonding activity between generations?

Last edited:
Sponsored
As the septics say, "Do the math."
One $30 purchase = one "free" card for you.
There are 100 cards.
What are the odds you'll get 100 DIFFERENT cards for a total "spend" of $3,000?
Conversely, how much would you have to spend to finally get every card in the series?
And then, I suppose, Woolies will have a "special" card or five once the promotion gets going and the gawpers are well and truly sucked in for their "fun" experience.

As the septics say, "Do the math."
One $30 purchase = one "free" card for you.
There are 100 cards.
What are the odds you'll get 100 DIFFERENT cards for a total "spend" of $3,000?
Conversely, how much would you have to spend to finally get every card in the series?
And then, I suppose, Woolies will have a "special" card or five once the promotion gets going and the gawpers are well and truly sucked in for their "fun" experience.
No way you’ll get different cards because there is no picture on the packaging of what’s inside! I shop at woollies and every week I’d get the same damn books👎So frustrating!🤬

My youngest grandchild is 13. No interest if there are no kids to collect them.
I tend not to get involved in these collector gimmicks.
I have gone as far as saying, give mine to the lady with 3 kids standing behind me. Otherwise, I steer clear.