Neighbours Fans, Brace Yourselves for an Epic Comeback! Filming Resumes Soon for New Episodes

Last year, the beloved Australian soap Neighbours aired its 'final episode', leaving countless fans heartbroken and wondering if they had seen the last of Ramsay Street.

But don't despair, members, because the story seems far from over!

After months of speculation, sad farewells, and a few teasers here and there, Ramsay Street is finally making its long-awaited comeback.

That’s right; the beloved Australian soap is once again loading up its cameras and gearing up for production.

skynews-neighbours-ramsay-street_5334630.jpg
Cast members of the beloved soap opera Neighbors confirmed the show’s comeback. Credit: Shutterstock.

The show’s cast announced its comeback during their final show, Neighbours: The Celebration Tour, at the London Palladium, confirming that the cameras will start rolling again on April 17 at Nunawading Studios in Melbourne.

Six cast members shared the exciting news on stage - Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl Kennedy), Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy), Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Ryan Moloney (Toadie Rebecchi), Annie Jones (Jane Harris), and April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan). These six actors will be returning for the show's new chapter, and they will be joined by Rebekah Elmaloglou (Terese Willis), Georgie Stone (Mackenzie Hargreaves), and Tim Kano (Leo Tanaka).

Neighbours will also welcome back Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), April Rose Pengilly (Chloe Brennan), and Melissa Bell (Lucy Robinson) as guest stars for the new chapter of the show.
Jason Herbison, Executive Producer of Neighbours, expressed his excitement for the show’s new chapter, saying: 'It feels very real now. It’s a hive of activity at the studio. We’re busy writing the next chapter of Neighbours, bringing to life again the show’s much-loved characters as well as new residents.’

‘It’s exciting to see the sets being prepped, ready to start filming on April 17, which will be a huge day for everyone involved.'

Key Takeaways
  • Neighbours, the beloved Australian soap, is set to return to production.
  • Filming will begin on April 17 at Nunawading Studios in Melbourne.
  • Several original cast members will return for the show's new chapter, along with some guest stars.
  • New episodes will premiere in Spring on Channel 10 and later on Prime Video in Australia.

Since its launch in 1985, Neighbours has become a cultural phenomenon in Australia, with generations of viewers growing up alongside its iconic stars and storylines.

Generations of families shared discussions about the show on the sidelines, bonded over their favourite Neighbours characters, and scratched their heads in unison when cliffhangers left them guessing.

The show has come to embody the quintessential Aussie spirit of a tight-knit neighbourhood community. Its storylines have tackledclass, relationships, gender, and sexuality – topics that resonate with viewers and made the show an integral part of Australia's popular culture.

It has also become a launching platform for many Aussies trying to make it in the industry. An Australian household name, Neighbours has had some of Australia's leading names in TV, film, and music work on the show. Names like Kylie Minogue, Margot Robbie, and Liam Hemsworth are all graduates of the ‘Neighbours School of Acting’.

As an Australian series full of emotion, drama, and suspense, Neighbours has become an iconic part of Aussie culture.

For fans who can’t wait, the new Neighbours episodes will premiere in spring on Channel 10, followed shortly by a release on Prime Video in Australia.

You can expect plenty of behind the scene pictures and sneak peeks as we get closer to the premiere date.

So mark your calendars, sit on the couch, and prepare for some much-needed drama, excitement and suspense in the return of Neighbours.

Are you ready for Ramsay Street’s return? Tell us in the comments below! We’d also love to know which storyline or intense cliffhanger stands out the most in your memory.

Sponsored
I am so glad that Neighbours is returning. I started watching it many years ago when my then teenage son had it on during my dinner preparation time. I would glance at the screen, ask him about what had been going on and before you knew it, we were watching it together. "Toadie" was always his favourite character.It was a great bonding time! Many years later, I kept watching it and he would occasionally join me(He's now 25). He admitted being very sad when it ended.It was like the end of a very happy era. We loved the show and what it represented for us.
So, Neighbours, I'll be watching again.

I used to watch Neighbours many moons ago but I found the story lines to predictable.
I won't be watching it this time around.

I do however watch Home and Away from time to time

Will be good to see it back again. We also need to see more Australian productions that are not stupid so called comedy shows or reality shows. Some good drama shows would be good. What has happened to the Australian entertainment industry!!!

Reactions: MIZMAC
We have never watched it. We visited the UK some years ago and were astonished how popular it is there. The episodes ran behind those in Australia and people tried to pump us for information on what was happening in the latest episodes. They were amazed (and a little disappointed) that we didn't watch it.

can't wait i watched it from the very start and never missed an episode i'm 68 years old and love it and also home and away never miss an episode 🙃 (y):)

Reactions: FMSJ4 and Marj53