SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
myGov Scam Email

Thank you to member Maurice F. for sharing this scam with us to keep the community safe.

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 1.54.58 pm.png
The email scam. Image Credit: Maurice

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 1.54.53 pm.png
The email address it came from. Image Credit: Maurice

Above are two screenshots for you to keep an eye out for. Maurice also worded this perfectly so I'll quote them directly:

'These low life bottom feeders are finding new and sinister ways to try and SCAM us. I just received this and know for a fact that is is a CON.'

'MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST THEIR ARMPITS.'

Hear hear!

Stay safe, members.

myGov Scam Email

Thank you to member Maurice F. for sharing this scam with us to keep the community safe.

View attachment 29038
The email scam. Image Credit: Maurice

View attachment 29039
The email address it came from. Image Credit: Maurice

Above are two screenshots for you to keep an eye out for. Maurice also worded this perfectly so I'll quote them directly:

'These low life bottom feeders are finding new and sinister ways to try and SCAM us. I just received this and know for a fact that is is a CON.'

'MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST THEIR ARMPITS.'

Hear hear!

Stay safe, members.
I ring my gov?

Last edited:
I ring my gov ring?
If you phone "MyGov" (Services Australia) expect to be waiting for a long time. Also expect whatever Party is in government to have your call directed offshore where some foreign Third World business will cop pay in Australian dollars to deal with your call. Of course this foreign business and their foreign very grateful operators will have access to your details which can be a "cream on the cake" bonus when sold.

If you go into your local Centrelink Office, you may still have a wait of a half hour or so. However, in that government office -
1. Australians are employed, keeping money circulating in OUR economy.
2. Your details are transmitted over secure Australian government data systems not into chancy foreign businesses.
3. You may get to talk to other people who are in the same boat as you ... there is strength in numbers.

Remember that it was Coalition governments that have a record of closing Centrelink Offices, but as the Labor Party has moved to the Right, we may yet get a Labor Social Services Minister who thinks employing foreign nationals to do Australian jobs is a good idea. It is up to US to convince them that is politically untenable.

Reactions: Jennie
If you phone "MyGov" (Services Australia) expect to be waiting for a long time. Also expect whatever Party is in government to have your call directed offshore where some foreign Third World business will cop pay in Australian dollars to deal with your call. Of course this foreign business and their foreign very grateful operators will have access to your details which can be a "cream on the cake" bonus when sold.

If you go into your local Centrelink Office, you may still have a wait of a half hour or so. However, in that government office -
1. Australians are employed, keeping money circulating in OUR economy.
2. Your details are transmitted over secure Australian government data systems not into chancy foreign businesses.
3. You may get to talk to other people who are in the same boat as you ... there is strength in numbers.

Remember that it was Coalition governments that have a record of closing Centrelink Offices, but as the Labor Party has moved to the Right, we may yet get a Labor Social Services Minister who thinks employing foreign nationals to do Australian jobs is a good idea. It is up to US to convince them that is politically untenable.
I think that most MPs think the only Strayan jobs they're really looking out for and caring about are their own, and they sure enjoy their view of the world from the top of their superannuation pile. How long has it been since you heard a politician or a public servant bleat that the "salaries" they pocket have been awarded by an "independent tribunal" and they have nothing to do with the amount awarded?