Years ago, the boys tried to teach my husband how to use a computer. It was an uphill struggle. He would try to activate the machine by picking up the mouse and pointing it at the screen as if it was a tv remote.😆
Don't you go picking on him. I understand him completely. When I wanted to know badly nobody would show me. now I take everything to them to do for me.what goes around comes around nah,nah, nah, does me

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Don't you go picking on him. I understand him completely. When I wanted to know badly nobody would show me. now I take everything to them to do for me.what goes around comes around nah,nah, nah, does me
Oh we didn't pick on him, but he did make us laugh. He died 16 years ago now and was always a bit of a Luddite when it came to computers - until the day he discovered that he could get instant, up to date cricket scores any time of the day or night. But the technology continued to stump him. The boys have lots of memories of Dad-isms. Like when he asked 'does it cost much to send an email overseas?' And once when someone wanted a copy of a document from us, we said 'let's send them a fax'. To which Charles replied: 'Heck no! Why should we waste OUR ink!' 😆

Reactions: Veggiepatch
Oh we didn't pick on him, but he did make us laugh. He died 16 years ago now and was always a bit of a Luddite when it came to computers - until the day he discovered that he could get instant, up to date cricket scores any time of the day or night. But the technology continued to stump him. The boys have lots of memories of Dad-isms. Like when he asked 'does it cost much to send an email overseas?' And once when someone wanted a copy of a document from us, we said 'let's send them a fax'. To which Charles replied: 'Heck no! Why should we waste OUR ink!' 😆
I really don't know whether to laugh or feel sad.

I really don't know whether to laugh or feel sad.
Bit of both really. Charles was quite a bit older than me - almost a full generation and I often wonder whether he would have embraced technology more as time progressed. Or perhaps been forced to, out of necessity. Certainly if he'd continued his work as a barrister he would have needed to. He still liked to write documents in longhand. He loved technology like cd's though- being a real music buff.

Bit of both really. Charles was quite a bit older than me - almost a full generation and I often wonder whether he would have embraced technology more as time progressed. Or perhaps been forced to, out of necessity. Certainly if he'd continued his work as a barrister he would have needed to. He still liked to write documents in longhand. He loved technology like cd's though- being a real music buff.
Sounds likes a very nice man.

And why are we awake at 4 am AEST? Unless you're in WA!

EDIT: Oh no! Million Dollar Minute just started which means I won't go to sleep at 5.30 am at the earliest after the news!

Last edited:
😆Sounds likes a very nice man.

And why are we awake at 4 am AEST? Unless you're in WA!

EDIT: Oh no! Million Dollar Minute just started which means I won't go to sleep at 5.30 am at the earliest after the news!
I was going to ask you the same question! Nope, I'm in Melbourne, and 4.00am is pretty normal for me. 🤪