bobread

Aug 1, 2023
My name is Bob Read.

I am concerned about married pensioners getting a lower pension than single pensioner! It is discrimination on marital status,

• Wow
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
My name is Bob Read.

I am concerned about married pensioners getting a lower pension than single pensioner! It is discrimination on marital status,
Thank you for sharing this with us, @bobread! Oh, and welcome to the forum :) That's what we're here for! I hope this sparks a fruitful discussion, and you feel safe to share your opinions with the rest of our community. It's lovely meeting you!

Hello Bob 👋

I'm married also and I feel the rates are fair.

Think about it you are paying the one mortgage or rent.

It doesn't cost too much more to make food for 2 than one

You are paying the basic rates for water and electricity regardless how many people live in the house, yes its extra for the use, but the power you use for certain things like cooking is the same for one or two people, you use the one heater, the one air conditioner, the one fridge ect exactly the same as a single person

Land rates are the same regardless if it's one or two

It's like when you get married you become one , if you add both partners pensions it's way ahead of a single pension.

• Love
Reactions: Wandiwa