LorrDonn

Dec 24, 2021
My Hobby

Just sharing my passion- Since retiring I have taken to making ladies bags- I have been sewing for nearly 50 years-since the birth of my first daughter who turns 50 this year. I absolutely love making bags- bags that are so different to your normal boring bags that you purchase in the bag stores- I love colour- guess being bought up in my era thee was so much brown and dingy colours around back then.
So I sell my bags at a caravan park just up the street from our home - as it is beside the beach and since covid as everyone know there are many travellers out there. I will share some of my bag I have made.

Attachments

• November-2012 (11).JPG
    November-2012 (11).JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 3
  • November-2012 (9).JPG
    November-2012 (9).JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1-07-2012 (1).JPG
    1-07-2012 (1).JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20 -08 -2021 (1).JPG
    20 -08 -2021 (1).JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 9-06-2021 (2).JPG
    9-06-2021 (2).JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 25-05-2021 (1).JPG
    25-05-2021 (1).JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 4
I love sewing clothes but family history research has overtaken that. It's not as creative but very satisfying.
I also love photography and I'm a big reader.
Family history is interesting- my uncle gave me so much to read at one time about our family- I was just amazed at some of the history and the hard lives some endured. What books do you read-who is your fav author? I am not a reader as such - I read a lot about sewing LOL. Photography is awesome - it's disbelief that we can even take great photographs with our telephones. I used to sew clothes - but now my bags have taken over.:)

• Love
Reactions: Ricci and LadyD
There is nothing like finding your passion in life, as it gives you great joy. We are lucky to both find our passions. I read every book that Judy Nunn writes. She's Australian and used to be an actor. I met her 2 years ago at a local book signing. I also love Elizabeth Chadwick, who is an English writer on historical family sagas. I have enjoyed all her books and they are hard to put down. I only keep some very special books but after I've read a good book, I then pass it on to my 90 year old aunt and then she reads it and passes it on to a lady who lives in her complex. Books that aren't so good, I put into a charity bin.

There is nothing like finding your passion in life, as it gives you great joy. We are lucky to both find our passions. I read every book that Judy Nunn writes. She's Australian and used to be an actor. I met her 2 years ago at a local book signing. I also love Elizabeth Chadwick, who is an English writer on historical family sagas. I have enjoyed all her books and they are hard to put down. I only keep some very special books but after I've read a good book, I then pass it on to my 90 year old aunt and then she reads it and passes it on to a lady who lives in her complex. Books that aren't so good, I put into a charity bin.
Yes and in these covid times - we are lucky as staying at home more seems to be the best idea - until when we won't know until it happens. My second daughter loved Bryce Courtney -when she was studying - and she passed her exam - i would purchase her the next Bryce Courtney book. it may seem strange but she loved the smell of a new book. She is now married with children- so reading I guess is something of the past for now. I think I may have at one time met Judy Nunn at a Zonta breakfast- she being the guest speaker - years ago- Lovely you pass the books on - my daughter would never part with her books- but books are written to be read .Your Aunt would pretty chuffed to get your books I'll bet? I have a Face Book site for my bags - if you are a face Book person. L.G.D.Designs - you may like to look at them .

• Love
Yes and in these covid times - we are lucky as staying at home more seems to be the best idea - until when we won't know until it happens. My second daughter loved Bryce Courtney -when she was studying - and she passed her exam - i would purchase her the next Bryce Courtney book. it may seem strange but she loved the smell of a new book. She is now married with children- so reading I guess is something of the past for now. I think I may have at one time met Judy Nunn at a Zonta breakfast- she being the guest speaker - years ago- Lovely you pass the books on - my daughter would never part with her books- but books are written to be read .Your Aunt would pretty chuffed to get your books I'll bet? I have a Face Book site for my bags - if you are a face Book person. L.G.D.Designs - you may like to look at them .
Yes I've read many Bryce Courtney books as well. There was only 1 of his books I didn't like and that was "Sylvia". I will have a look at your site on Facebook.
I've just spent most of the day doing family research for a family friend, as I'm hoping to get to the stage of printing it off in a couple of months. I try to get up as much as I can to stretch my legs and I did a 3 klm walk this morning. My poor husband misses my company in front of the tv at night.

• Haha
I thought I would share some of mum’s handy work too

View attachment 920View attachment 924View attachment 925
Your Mum's work is beautiful- I was a show steward in days gone by and have seen some amazing work done by older ladies- it is something really special being able to create work like that from just fabric and cotton. Hope you and family members will always treasure such beautiful work I absolutely love it.

• Love
Just sharing my passion- Since retiring I have taken to making ladies bags- I have been sewing for nearly 50 years-since the birth of my first daughter who turns 50 this year. I absolutely love making bags- bags that are so different to your normal boring bags that you purchase in the bag stores- I love colour- guess being bought up in my era thee was so much brown and dingy colours around back then.
So I sell my bags at a caravan park just up the street from our home - as it is beside the beach and since covid as everyone know there are many travellers out there. I will share some of my bag I have made.
Oh my goodness @LorrDonn these are incredible! You're so talented! I love them!!! You should start your own little business, I think lots of people would go crazy for how gorgeous and unique these are :love: My favourite is the brown, I've just never seen anything like it!

Oh my goodness @LorrDonn these are incredible! You're so talented! I love them!!! You should start your own little business, I think lots of people would go crazy for how gorgeous and unique these are :love: My favourite is the brown, I've just never seen anything like it!
The brown bag was a gift to a friend who is a truck driver- she had a tyre blow up when she was checking it- but she is still here- she went through a great deal- so I surprised her with a bag- she likes to wear make up in the truck lol. She loved the bag - had tears over the telephone when she called to thank me .it was made with lots of love- I am at the moment making another -same pattern -different colours- if you are on face book- my page is L.G.D.Designs I sell my bags at a caravan park near me opposite the beach- haven't been for a while - worried about covid in QLD.:mad:

@LorrDonn it sounds like you're an amazing friend :) Also, your friend sounds very cool! Love the idea of her wearing her makeup in the truck! We tried to find your Facebook page on Facebook so we could 'like' it to support you, but we couldn't find it. Do you think you could comment the link below?

As for your little pop up I can only imagine it must be very popular! It's a shame you've had to stop because of COVID but I think you have done the right thing. It's all a bit scary at the moment, so I think we best take care of ourselves and put ourselves first!!!

@LorrDonn it sounds like you're an amazing friend :) Also, your friend sounds very cool! Love the idea of her wearing her makeup in the truck! We tried to find your Facebook page on Facebook so we could 'like' it to support you, but we couldn't find it. Do you think you could comment the link below?

As for your little pop up I can only imagine it must be very popular! It's a shame you've had to stop because of COVID but I think you have done the right thing. It's all a bit scary at the moment, so I think we best take care of ourselves and put ourselves first!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-06 090319.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-06 090319.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 3