Mum's 10-minute shower cleaning hack goes viral – The catch? She uses an unconventional cleaning item!

It turns out that the kitchen is not the only room in your house that can benefit from dishwashing tablets – your shower can too! If you have a tough time getting your shower clean, this hack is perfect for you!

Gemma from New South Wales found out that using three Fairy dishwashing tablets did the trick in getting rid of the grime that had accumulated over weeks.

awpcf0CT-PFwGvlnqFzn8pFSnSJAxy54f0ogEGqMSry48dXRleyVXYELFH983fvnuuHH_xFW0xPoNeZu7prl7K4cAmfHxUc7Flf0k4gjxutO0swBK_zj0KGTIJDhrDS-VjR4gwz7roVErPNgJA
Khn5FyCeUeO8RR-KvQsjJ7TN90ckCCee5CY6QBSosMCT4FsxuclgSNOFDOmUrUkDplrYUDQX1fKqHkQpKv0cp5ZXnVFKasj_Cxn7w_nLrud-Hsyx-nyfyxPkbvB1cHJAlOkHhPaJNofpEbmjPQ

Photos of Gemma’s shower after she cleaned it with the “dishwashing tablet” trick that she shared online. Credit: Facebook.

She shared pictures of her shower in a popular Facebook group and detailed how easy it was to use the tablets to clean the shower.

She wrote: "Whoever suggested dishwasher tablets to clean your shower is a legend."

"Never in my life have I been able to clean a shower with such ease."

So, what exactly did Gemma do to transform her shower from grimy to squeaky clean?

To use the method, Gemma wet the shower and then used a small amount of water on the tablet to soften it.

Next, she wiped over the shower with the tablet before using a small scrubbing brush to even out the product.

Finally, she rinsed the whole space with the shower head.

And that's it! It's so simple, right?

While the method is effective, Gemma did caution that it can become quite slippery in the shower, so please be careful if you try it out.

The post has gained traction on Facebook, receiving hundreds of comments from users who were sharing their own shower cleaning tips.

One person wrote: "My sister-in-law melts the tablets in hot water and makes a paste."

"Easy to smear over the shower."

"I cleaned mine with dishwashing tablets just the other day, such an amazing result and absolutely no hard work on my side."

zqBxxk2Zs2GvpkQir58ohT2_YM7_89y3bAfVc6gD6O1A1PKjktMCP8x79so7QALI0t0FsZoYrlWUhZNTmQVMtUX2kI7wgkz9Uz_0MpNMxdB0p2xQYeoLcQFURNSw8yrj2nbg7ewVp5YabzeEow

Dishwashing tablets can be used for a plethora of cleaning purposes, according to some cleaning and organisation enthusiasts. Credit: Getty Images/iStockPhoto.

Another user claimed that the liquid tablets can be used for a plethora of purposes so it is always handy to have them.

"I dissolve the liquid tablets in some hot water and pop it in a spray bottle - it's so easy and produces great results," she recommended.

Dishwashing tablets can be versatile when it comes to cleaning different areas or items in your house. We recommend checking out this article for more information on what other household items these cleaning agents can sanitise.

Who knew that dishwashing tablets could be the answer to getting your shower sparkling clean? We did not see it coming, that’s for sure!

How about you? Do you know other tips for cleaning the shower? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I dissolve a couple of dish washing tablets in hot water in a spray bottle to clean grout & tiles that have uneven surfaces! Spray it on then leave about 10 minutes then wipe off with clean water.. keep in mind it’s using dirty water to wash floors that make grout dirty..

well when you think about it you put dirty dishes in a dish washer push a button and they come out clean you can use it to clean windows to as the glasses you put in the dish washer they come out clean and no streaks

Reactions: Ezzy and chezna
It turns out that the kitchen is not the only room in your house that can benefit from dishwashing tablets – your shower can too! If you have a tough time getting your shower clean, this hack is perfect for you!

Gemma from New South Wales found out that using three Fairy dishwashing tablets did the trick in getting rid of the grime that had accumulated over weeks.

awpcf0CT-PFwGvlnqFzn8pFSnSJAxy54f0ogEGqMSry48dXRleyVXYELFH983fvnuuHH_xFW0xPoNeZu7prl7K4cAmfHxUc7Flf0k4gjxutO0swBK_zj0KGTIJDhrDS-VjR4gwz7roVErPNgJA
Khn5FyCeUeO8RR-KvQsjJ7TN90ckCCee5CY6QBSosMCT4FsxuclgSNOFDOmUrUkDplrYUDQX1fKqHkQpKv0cp5ZXnVFKasj_Cxn7w_nLrud-Hsyx-nyfyxPkbvB1cHJAlOkHhPaJNofpEbmjPQ

Photos of Gemma’s shower after she cleaned it with the “dishwashing tablet” trick that she shared online. Credit: Facebook.

She shared pictures of her shower in a popular Facebook group and detailed how easy it was to use the tablets to clean the shower.

She wrote: "Whoever suggested dishwasher tablets to clean your shower is a legend."

"Never in my life have I been able to clean a shower with such ease."

So, what exactly did Gemma do to transform her shower from grimy to squeaky clean?

To use the method, Gemma wet the shower and then used a small amount of water on the tablet to soften it.

Next, she wiped over the shower with the tablet before using a small scrubbing brush to even out the product.

Finally, she rinsed the whole space with the shower head.

And that's it! It's so simple, right?

While the method is effective, Gemma did caution that it can become quite slippery in the shower, so please be careful if you try it out.

The post has gained traction on Facebook, receiving hundreds of comments from users who were sharing their own shower cleaning tips.

One person wrote: "My sister-in-law melts the tablets in hot water and makes a paste."

"Easy to smear over the shower."

"I cleaned mine with dishwashing tablets just the other day, such an amazing result and absolutely no hard work on my side."

zqBxxk2Zs2GvpkQir58ohT2_YM7_89y3bAfVc6gD6O1A1PKjktMCP8x79so7QALI0t0FsZoYrlWUhZNTmQVMtUX2kI7wgkz9Uz_0MpNMxdB0p2xQYeoLcQFURNSw8yrj2nbg7ewVp5YabzeEow

Dishwashing tablets can be used for a plethora of cleaning purposes, according to some cleaning and organisation enthusiasts. Credit: Getty Images/iStockPhoto.

Another user claimed that the liquid tablets can be used for a plethora of purposes so it is always handy to have them.

"I dissolve the liquid tablets in some hot water and pop it in a spray bottle - it's so easy and produces great results," she recommended.

Dishwashing tablets can be versatile when it comes to cleaning different areas or items in your house. We recommend checking out this article for more information on what other household items these cleaning agents can sanitise.

Who knew that dishwashing tablets could be the answer to getting your shower sparkling clean? We did not see it coming, that’s for sure!

How about you? Do you know other tips for cleaning the shower? Share them with us in the comments below!

My family use all "Dominant" Products which bought by the 5 litre containers saves you hundreds of dollars over the years. You can buy in one litre bottles but by putting away over time the 5 litre containers are the way to go. The "Glass & Chrome" makes everything sparkle & the dosage breaks down with water 8 parts to only one. The entire range is children friendly, The ratio's vary with every product. SO earthly friendly & safe. We've been using all Dominant products for 28 years, so you all know the wise saving, "When you're on a good thing, stick to it.'" Buying yearly it all comes to your door & you never have to lug all your washing powder etc home from the supermarket, AND you SAVE . Put a bit away e very pay-day & you are ready for another year. That is where budgeting is the way to go.

Reactions: TheBear and Ezzy
Bummer I just bought dishwasher liquid will that work too ? Any one else used that method