Mum stuns social media after sharing SECRET TIP to give a “dull” coffee table a posh makeover — “It looks so good! I love it!”

A mum has stunned social media after she shared her secret tip on how to transform a "dull" coffee table into a fine piece of furniture that can rival luxury brands.

Sharing her hack on the Kmart Mums Facebook group, Jessica Wilson shared how she gave Kmart's $42 Noir Coffee Table a posh makeover using some spare pieces of tiles.

mxp3kZiX0ICOm0St0Ia-LYug4Ajfck-9098_212Qf74facjj2UASIKgMXbeO0UEuYjJI8sKxaCidcAFQP4UP-xE9PyGulaQY4_5JJvbzsQRhmzjE9-BoEqgEbxA8CH7Mt-5igTQ

The Aussie mum transformed a Kmart coffee table into a ritzy-looking piece using some smashed tile pieces. Credit: Jessica Wilson/Kmart Mums.

So, how did Jessica do it?

The mum said that she first spray painted the coffee table with white spray paint and let it dry under the sun.

While waiting for the paint to dry out, Jessica said that she smashed up some tiles, noting that you can use pieces of spare tiles as long as you have enough of them to fill in the spaces on the surface of the coffee table.

She then laid down the tile adhesive on the table before placing all the pieces of the tiles on top of them.

She emphasised that this process is time-consuming.

"I wouldn't use a fast set adhesive," she advised.

"Make sure to get a slow set adhesive."

Finally, she left the setup for "about 24 hours" before using grout to seal everything in and voila! A ritzy-looking piece of furniture that will surely impress your guests and loved ones.

7QsAn18YFsJyWjkFz7s59uqAQton1zm0KhRBwTDOHoN2khDn0cqWsGOWiAkq66v3dPFhiEVAb-gmuSJbDGb6otDOD0WNGqdhpHd10xsrVk5I2wQCT-ah4Uwhs5sUrPkR7jnGtxk
0nzN2-e4ZMc7KT3MDxAMIOwMNHq4_4y4-o1qmTtVF5sa4TVHNLKhmZleV1mKbUFltI3vCNLQGfdHvUQdjaHU6hNGtsgSUYZ7Alqoz6FtLmOTsOOXsvJlF8tcxk2ntN6Dlptanx0

Jessica said that while she bought the tiles that she used for the project, you can use any tile pieces to recreate the look of her table. Credit: Jessica Wilson/Kmart Mums.

Jessica said that while she painted the coffee table white and used brand new tiles that she picked herself to suit the style of her interior, she encourages people to use any colour of spray paint and spare tile pieces that they please.

The post captured the attention of thousands of members, amassing more than 1,000 likes and hundreds of comments from members who are eager to try the hack for themselves.

One person wrote: "Very talented! Looking amazing."

"Kmart should bring it out like this!! It looks so good, love it," another quipped.

A third chimed in: "Looks really great. I was going to do the same with penny tiles but this is better."

"Looks awesome!" another exclaimed.

Others took the opportunity to ask Jessica specific questions...

One member asked: "Did u have to cut round tile edges to go around?"

Jessica then confirmed that she did not need to take this extra step, saying: "Nope, once we smashed the tiles any that had a natural curve we kept them to the side and mostly used them for around the edge."

"Otherwise we would just use a few pieces that worked to fill the space."

Another person inquired: "Nice! Did you use a sealant?"

To which the mum replied: "Nope, we chose not to as we like the matte look of the grout, a sealant would change that I believe."

So, there you have it, folks! While the mum did not disclose the exact cost and products she used for the DIY project, she encourages everyone who is looking to upcycle to give it a try, especially if you have spare materials at home.

Bearing that in mind, are you willing to give this tip a go? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I used to look for all sorts of odds and ends that I could mosaic. It's very time consuming but also very satisfying when you come up with a truly one off piece that is admired by others.:)

Reactions: Glenda48