Mum shares 3 budget-friendly tips to make your bedroom feel expensive!

Creating a luxurious-looking home doesn't have to break the bank, and an Aussie mum with a knack for budget-friendly home makeovers has shared her secrets to achieving 'rich' rooms without the hefty price tag.

Chantel Mila, known to her followers as Mama Mila, has become a beacon of inspiration for those looking to spruce up their living spaces with simple yet effective home hacks.

Mila's approach to home elegance is all about smart, cost-effective changes that have a big impact.

Here are her top three tips for transforming your bedroom into a lavish retreat, along with some additional insights to help you elevate every room in your home.

photo (1).jpg
Chantel Mila shared three tips to make your home look expensive without breaking the bank. Credit: @mama_mila_au / Instagram

1. DIY Dust Mite Banishing Spray & Mattress Deodoriser

A good night's sleep in a fresh, inviting bed is the cornerstone of a luxurious bedroom.

Mila's first tip involved creating a homemade spray that not only keeps dust mites at bay but also leaves your mattress smelling divine.

Mix a cup of water with a quarter cup of white vinegar, and add a few drops of peppermint and lavender oil.

2. Lavender Oil for Dust-Free Surfaces

The second tip is to use lavender oil when wiping down bedside tables and other surfaces. Lavender oil not only cleans but also repels dust, ensuring your furniture stays cleaner for longer.

The pleasant aroma also contributes to the overall sensory experience of the room, making it feel more serene and expensive.

3. Wrinkle-Free Bedding Without Ironing

Ironing sheets and duvet covers can be a tedious task, but Mila has a shortcut to achieve that crisp, smooth look.

‘Add damp dryer balls to your dryer to remove wrinkles from sheets,' she said.

She made her bed, which looked like it could feature in a bedding commercial.

Mila explained that wetting the dryer balls creates steam, which removes creases and leaves sheets and duvet covers looking fresh.

You can watch Chantel Mila’s video below:

Credit: @mama_mila_au / Instagram

Chantel Mila also shared other clever, budget-friendly tricks to make your home look and feel high-end.

She advised everyone to pay attention to details, offering budget-friendly ways to organise your area. You can learn more about her tips here.
Key Takeaways
  • Chantel Mila, also known as Mama Mila, has shared three budget-friendly tips to make bedrooms look more luxurious.
  • Her tips include a DIY dust mite banishing and mattress deodorising spray made with water, white vinegar, and essential oils.
  • She suggested wiping bedside tables with lavender oil to keep dust at bay.
  • To remove wrinkles from bedding without ironing, she advised adding damp dryer balls to the dryer for a steam effect.
Have you tried any of these tricks to upgrade your living space? Do you have any budget-friendly tips for creating a luxurious home atmosphere? Share your experiences and ideas in the comments below!

Sponsored
My opinion using lavendar oil to deter dust won't work. The answer is to regularly use a damp microfibre cloth to wipe dust off surfaces. I wash them in a lingerie bag when I do a load. Fragrances/essential oils can irritate some people, even lavendar. I know it does for my hayfever. I vacuum daily as well.

My opinion using lavendar oil to deter dust won't work. The answer is to regularly use a damp microfibre cloth to wipe dust off surfaces. I wash them in a lingerie bag when I do a load. Fragrances/essential oils can irritate some people, even lavendar. I know it does for my hayfever. I vacuum daily as well.
Then if it bothers your hayfever then I definitely won't be trying it 🤧

Reactions: Penny4