Mum impresses the internet with ‘HEALTHY’ ALDI Pork Belly recipe

We all know that pork belly is delicious. It's crispy, fatty, and just plain heavenly. However, we also know that it's loaded with cholesterol. A single serving of pork belly has over twice the amount of cholesterol as a serving of steak. So why do we keep eating it?

Well, for one, it's tasty. That can't be denied. But it's also a comfort food for many of us. It reminds us of home, of good times with family and friends. It's a food that we associate with happy memories.

However, we can't keep eating pork belly and expecting to stay healthy. We need to find a way to enjoy it without all of the unhealthy consequences.

Fortunately, the handy air fryer has come to the rescue!

Air frying can make the crispy pork belly a bit healthier, especially for those who are suffering from hypertension. By using an air fryer, you can cook the pork belly with less oil and still get that crispiness that you crave. This is a great option for those who are looking to cut down on calories and fat without sacrificing flavour.

If you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for making a crispy pork belly each time, look no further than this suggestion from one self-professed 'ALDI mum’.

Sharing her tip on the Aldi Mums Facebook group, NSW mum Aliza said that her recipe for air fried pork belly from Aldi is sure to please, with its perfectly crispy skin and juicy, flavourful meat.

She also posted some photos of the finished product, capturing the attention of thousands of group members who praised Aliza for her tip.

So, what exactly are the steps to recreate this delicious meal?

KhVePe51cADUQ-NM0F9rwC0Bo9U4J0LTpcZvH87OjI1KaoPinVFU0qV3fPwbFc3bQqJovRN6MdzI02IG6C-aSIwg2ZElJoEjcBYoP8eFpIxGEiTnJqd6Goiq7Tju4SRLNM1-akM64UHYtWIRF2V1

The mum shared some simple steps to ensure a delicious dish, including salting the pork belly and letting it dry in the fridge overnight, then rubbing it with oil and adding more salt before cooking. Credit: Facebook/Aldi Mums.

ALDI Crispy Pork Belly Recipe

Ingredients:

• ALDI Pork Belly
  • Salt
  • Oil

Method:

1. Remove the pork belly from the packaging and place it in a basin that has been lined with paper towels.
2. Generously salt the rind and make sure that you rub it into the meat. Place the pork belly on a paper towel before leaving it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Remove the meat from the paper towel and take it out of the fridge for at least two hours before cooking.
4. Rub the entire pork belly with a oil (such as sunflower oil) before placing it in the air fryer basket. Sprinkle extra salt on the rind.
5. Pop the meat in a preheated air fryer and set the appliance to 200 C for 40 minutes. (NOTE: Check your air fryer’s manual for preheating instructions).
6. Once cooked, let the meat rest before chopping it up and serving. Enjoy!

Source: Facebook/Aldi Mums/Aliza Day

The mum also noted that she served the dish with a side of rice, mixed veggies, and a Thai dipping sauce made from brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli, and coriander.

The post was flooded with comments from group members who expressed their excitement to try the recipe.

One user wrote: ‘I’m definitely going to try this as my crackle sucks in the oven!’

‘Very easy to follow. I’ll do mine this way too,’ another said.

f5P8Tgpm5GEv9FXvuYXRic_Lc-cP6Hr5Kr9srUbteMZuQIS3NeGNdRcR62BA3VuN74Kh3mFvtDZoRto_zteNPjsR-UICV01YzLvTtqH-o_vwSGLQfiVoCqBrnnTua1GoWK2X7t65jc5bMCpgO5Zx
eJgQXX8JU5MqqK6-EmHeq6hqefPXcOPZB2Z9cYztFxLM_JAqIM-1G-9tuTGmxdghLbUSnvvcGAg9koAEkZ8Rusd6ngR-d0cbrHC__pVXEMvogVUEQXiPJGPIS8bhQj2CRdHxlgd4ZETjD_-LBNj5

The result is a perfectly cooked pork belly that is juicy and full of flavour. Credit: Facebook/Aldi Mums.

Some group members backed the mum’s claim, saying that they prepare their pork bellies this way too and that they can attest that they always turn out to be super crispy.

One comment read: ’ALDI pork belly is the best, we only cook it in the air fryer as well and it’s always perfect.’

‘Looks fab! I don’t do any of the overnight stuff, salt and pop straight in and work perfectly,’ another claimed.

Others took the opportunity to ask the mum some technical questions regarding the process, with one person inquiring: ‘How do you stop it from drying out in the air fryer?’

Another questioned: ‘What did you do with the foil and the sauce?’

The mum replied to these queries, saying: ‘I rub it all over with sunflower oil and add more salt to the rind before putting it in the air fryer.’

‘This helps with the crackle. It’s moist as is! I just rested it on foil when I took it out and covered it to keep it warm.’

One user also pointed out how it always surprises her ‘how much meat there is from the belly,’ to which Aliza replied with: ‘I always go through all the pieces on the shelf to get a meaty bit with an even amount of rind across the top.’

‘Just have a look and feel of them and you can tell if they are “meaty”,’ she continued.

There’s no denying that one of the best things about air fryers is that they allow you to cook almost anything in a healthier way, including foods like pork belly.

So, next time you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for pork belly, be sure to give this one a try! Do you know other tips for preparing a ‘healthier’ crispy pork belly? Share your recipes with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I love Pork and find that pork belly is full of flavour and super easy to cook. As I become more used to my air fryer I find that I'm using it far more than I thought I would. Next time I have some pork belly, straight into the air fryer it goes!!:)

Reactions: Thecheesequeen
We all know that pork belly is delicious. It's crispy, fatty, and just plain heavenly. However, we also know that it's loaded with cholesterol. A single serving of pork belly has over twice the amount of cholesterol as a serving of steak. So why do we keep eating it?

Well, for one, it's tasty. That can't be denied. But it's also a comfort food for many of us. It reminds us of home, of good times with family and friends. It's a food that we associate with happy memories.

However, we can't keep eating pork belly and expecting to stay healthy. We need to find a way to enjoy it without all of the unhealthy consequences.

Air frying can make the crispy pork belly a bit healthier, especially for those who are suffering from hypertension. By using an air fryer, you can cook the pork belly with less oil and still get that crispiness that you crave. This is a great option for those who are looking to cut down on calories and fat without sacrificing flavour.

If you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for making a crispy pork belly each time, look no further than this suggestion from one self-professed 'ALDI mum’.

Sharing her tip on the Aldi Mums Facebook group, NSW mum Aliza said that her recipe for air fried pork belly from Aldi is sure to please, with its perfectly crispy skin and juicy, flavourful meat.

She also posted some photos of the finished product, capturing the attention of thousands of group members who praised Aliza for her tip.

KhVePe51cADUQ-NM0F9rwC0Bo9U4J0LTpcZvH87OjI1KaoPinVFU0qV3fPwbFc3bQqJovRN6MdzI02IG6C-aSIwg2ZElJoEjcBYoP8eFpIxGEiTnJqd6Goiq7Tju4SRLNM1-akM64UHYtWIRF2V1

The mum shared some simple steps to ensure a delicious dish, including salting the pork belly and letting it dry in the fridge overnight, then rubbing it with oil and adding more salt before cooking. Credit: Facebook/Aldi Mums.

Ingredients:

• ALDI Pork Belly
  • Salt
  • Oil

Method:

1. Remove the pork belly from the packaging and place it in a basin that has been lined with paper towels.
2. Generously salt the rind and make sure that you rub it into the meat. Place the pork belly on a paper towel before leaving it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Remove the meat from the paper towel and take it out of the fridge for at least two hours before cooking.
4. Rub the entire pork belly with a oil (such as sunflower oil) before placing it in the air fryer basket. Sprinkle extra salt on the rind.
5. Pop the meat in a preheated air fryer and set the appliance to 200 C for 40 minutes. (NOTE: Check your air fryer’s manual for preheating instructions).

The mum also noted that she served the dish with a side of rice, mixed veggies, and a Thai dipping sauce made from brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli, and coriander.

The post was flooded with comments from group members who expressed their excitement to try the recipe.

One user wrote: ‘I’m definitely going to try this as my crackle sucks in the oven!’

f5P8Tgpm5GEv9FXvuYXRic_Lc-cP6Hr5Kr9srUbteMZuQIS3NeGNdRcR62BA3VuN74Kh3mFvtDZoRto_zteNPjsR-UICV01YzLvTtqH-o_vwSGLQfiVoCqBrnnTua1GoWK2X7t65jc5bMCpgO5Zx
eJgQXX8JU5MqqK6-EmHeq6hqefPXcOPZB2Z9cYztFxLM_JAqIM-1G-9tuTGmxdghLbUSnvvcGAg9koAEkZ8Rusd6ngR-d0cbrHC__pVXEMvogVUEQXiPJGPIS8bhQj2CRdHxlgd4ZETjD_-LBNj5

The result is a perfectly cooked pork belly that is juicy and full of flavour. Credit: Facebook/Aldi Mums.

Some group members backed the mum’s claim, saying that they prepare their pork bellies this way too and that they can attest that they always turn out to be super crispy.

One comment read: ’ALDI pork belly is the best, we only cook it in the air fryer as well and it’s always perfect.’

‘Looks fab! I don’t do any of the overnight stuff, salt and pop straight in and work perfectly,’ another claimed.

Others took the opportunity to ask the mum some technical questions regarding the process, with one person inquiring: ‘How do you stop it from drying out in the air fryer?’

The mum replied to these queries, saying: ‘I rub it all over with sunflower oil and add more salt to the rind before putting it in the air fryer.’

‘This helps with the crackle. It’s moist as is! I just rested it on foil when I took it out and covered it to keep it warm.’

One user also pointed out how it always surprises her ‘how much meat there is from the belly,’ to which Aliza replied with: ‘I always go through all the pieces on the shelf to get a meaty bit with an even amount of rind across the top.’

‘Just have a look and feel of them and you can tell if they are “meaty”,’ she continued.

There’s no denying that one of the best things about air fryers is that they allow you to cook almost anything in a healthier way, including foods like pork belly.

So, next time you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for pork belly, be sure to give this one a try! Do you know other tips for preparing a ‘healthier’ crispy pork belly? Share your recipes with us in the comments below!
So much garbage about cholesterol in food. We have to have cholesterol to live. Our brain runs on it. If we didn't have it or we cut it down too much we end up sick with things like dementia. Cholesterol in food is not an issue at all. Our liver makes heaps of it. Keep pushing the rubbish and people believe it

So what is new about that? How else can you cook pork belly? I have cooked it for years in the air fryer, weber, slow cooker, oven. Always worked out perfectly ok. I thought I must have missed something....pork belly has been around for ever people. It is not a new thing...

Ingredients:

• ALDI Pork Belly
  • Salt
  • Oil

Method:

Ingredients:

• ALDI Pork Belly
  • Salt
  • Oil

Method:

Ingredients:

• ALDI Pork Belly
  • Salt
  • Oil

Method:

Years ago I watched a Rick Stein episode and he used a trick ttold to him by an old Chinese lady.
Score the skin, if it isn't already ready, and poor boiling water over it to help render the fat, then pat dry before doing the oil and salt thing.
Works every time for me.

Yes, I had an Aunt who was Chinese and her pork was to die for. I followed on with her recipe all my life. She did likewise scoring the skin and running a kettle of boiling water all over it. Patted it dry then put the oil and salt over it as though you never had a minute to live. The crackling was divine which I always said it could have been the hot water working on the fat before the oven heat. Come on Christmas!

Reactions: Ricci