Multi-millionaire changes lives with giveaway worth over $50,000

In an inspiring act of generosity, a multi-millionaire has taken it upon himself to ease the burden of the cost of living crisis for numerous Victorian families.

Known as 'Mr Lamborghini' for his love of luxury cars, Adrian Portelli has a reputation for his philanthropic endeavours.

This time, he chose to help out at a Coles supermarket in Taylors Hill, Northwest Melbourne, where he handed out 250 gift vouchers (with a total worth of more than $50,000) to unsuspecting shoppers.

Portelli, who made headlines when he purchased a house in the 2022 season of The Block and offered it as a prize in an online giveaway, announced the supermarket voucher giveaway on social media.

SDC 6.png
A multi-millionaire announced a supermarket voucher giveaway for 250 people in Taylors Hill Melbourne. Image source: TikTok/@lmct_plus.

He explained that he had partnered with a representative from Coles to organise the giveaway, stating, 'A lot of families are doing it tough. So I hope this helps out a little bit.'

The choice of the Taylors Hill supermarket was a personal one for Portelli.

'It’s actually where I grew up,' he said.

'When I was doing it tough, I used to go there and penny-pinch as well.'

He hoped that the vouchers will provide some relief to families who are struggling with the ongoing cost of living crisis.

You can watch his full announcement below:

Video source: TikTok/@lmct_plus.

On the day of the giveaway, Portelli and his team donned Coles uniforms and handed out the vouchers along with bottles of water.

'I hope to do a lot more of these in the future,' he added.

The cost of living crisis in Australia has been a significant concern, with many families finding it increasingly difficult to afford their weekly groceries.

In response to the rising costs, the Australian government has launched an Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) inquiry into supermarket prices to investigate their competitiveness.

Treasurer Jim Chalmers said, 'We want a fair go for families and a fair go for farmers.'

'Australians are under cost‑of‑living pressure, and we know that a lot of that pressure is piled on at the cash register.'

Coles has since urged its suppliers to consider lowering their prices to reflect decreasing interest rates.

However, suppliers have indicated that rising energy and labour costs may make significant price cuts unlikely.

Meanwhile, a significant number of fruit and vegetable growers reportedly considered leaving the industry due to low morale and profit margins.

Farmers across the nation have accused major supermarkets of profit-gouging on fruit and vegetables, and some even threatened to stop supplying their produce.

You can read more about this here.
Key Takeaways
  • Multi-millionaire Adrian Portelli has donated 250 supermarket vouchers to help struggling Victorian families during the cost of living crisis.
  • The giveaway occurred at a Coles in Taylors Hill, where Adrian Portelli grew up and experienced financial hardship himself.
  • As part of the giveaway, Adrian and his team dressed in Coles uniforms to distribute the vouchers and water bottles to customers.
  • The Australian government has recently launched an ACCC inquiry to investigate supermarket pricing and competitiveness in response to public concern over rising grocery costs.
What do you think of Adrian Portelli's generous act? Have you experienced similar acts of kindness in your community? Share your stories with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
It would be amazing if more of the wealthy did things like this, but it is making sure it is the people who really need it are the recipients that is the real problem. People put their hands out who are not in need and that is wrong.

This is the best news I have read in a long time. What a kind gesture to be able to give out $250 Coles vouchers to people who can really use some help paying for overpriced groceries. I hope other millionaires can follow suit and do the same, which can be another great story - if only.

Big deal.... in the meantime he is probably ripping someone off.....
I just read a little about this young man, he seems to be humble and caring. He says himself he is not a great businessman, he just focused on his passion for graphic art. I don't think he has ripped anybody off. What I think is that not everyone shopping in Coles or Woolies is hard up. Maybe he needs to be more considering of where he chooses to help people.

• Love
Reactions: bluetang
People saying he should choose who to give a voucher to. How do you choose? Just because someone dresses well or not does not necessarily mean they are doing well or not.
You are all just jealous;
a) he has a lot of money to spare,
b) you didn't get a voucher.

Just be happy somebody is kind enough to make another person's day.

I just read a little about this young man, he seems to be humble and caring. He says himself he is not a great businessman, he just focused on his passion for graphic art. I don't think he has ripped anybody off. What I think is that not everyone shopping in Coles or Woolies is hard up. Maybe he needs to be more considering of where he chooses to help people.
as he said.......he's not a great businessman !! 🤔

Oh dear what a grumpy growl you are.
Bet you wear a green suit at Christmas.
No.. don't believe in Christmas, or easter, or birthdays or any form of frivolity. Just believe in surviving....