Mug-nificent discovery: Kmart's game-changing service steals the show with personal touch

In the world of retail, it's not every day that a service comes along that truly changes the game for shoppers.

However, it seems Kmart has done just that with a service that many customers didn't even know existed until recently.

The discovery has sparked a wave of excitement among Kmart enthusiasts, who are calling it the ‘best present’ and a ‘game-changing’ addition to the budget retailer's offerings.

The service in question? Kmart Photos, an in-store printing collaboration with Kodak that allows customers to personalise a 325ml White Mug with their chosen photo at any participating location.

This simple yet thoughtful service has quickly become a hit for those looking for a last-minute gift that still feels personal and special.

image (96).png
Kmart's in-store printing service, Kmart Photos, lets customers personalise a 325ml white mug in collaboration with Kodak. Credit: Kmart Photos

The buzz around Kmart Photos began when one curious shopper took to the popular social media group Kmart Mums Australia to inquire about the quality of these personalised mugs.

‘Hi. Has anyone purchased one of these personalised mugs from Kmart Photos?’ she asked.

‘If so, I’d love to know the quality 😀. Thanks!’

The response was overwhelmingly positive, with many group members chiming in to share their experiences.

The $6 mugs have clearly impressed customers, who have flooded the comments with praise for their great value.

‘Really great quality,’ one commenter remarked.

‘I was very impressed,’ another wrote.

A third mentioned they purchased one for their daughter and described it as ‘amazing’.

‘I've had one for four years, and it's still perfect. I have my coffee every morning in it and always goes in the dishwasher,’ someone else shared.

Another member echoed this statement, saying, ‘They are great; we do one every year, and mine have lasted several years. Some of the images have started coming off of the older ones, but handwashing seems to make them last longer. Excellent value.’

‘A great teacher or Kris Kringle present!’ one shopper suggested.

Meanwhile, a user noted that they had ordered six cups, which have lasted ‘seven years and are still going’.

‘I'm also happy with the one I did!’ another Kmart fan revealed.

‘I did one earlier this year and was very happy with it. Good quality, turned out better than I thought it would,’ one commenter added.

For those considering a purchase, Kmart offers several customisation options, including single photo, collage, or design layouts.

The Kmart website encourages customers to ‘Start each morning with a smile.’

‘This personalised ceramic mug is a picture-perfect addition to your morning routine and a thoughtful photo gift for any occasion.’

Plus, for added convenience, the mugs are touted as being ‘microwave and dishwasher safe’.

And for those in need of a quick gift solution, the personalised mugs are available for Click and Collect, ensuring you can grab your thoughtful present without delay.

The excitement surrounding Kmart's innovative new service has captured shoppers' attention, setting the stage for a fresh discussion about the retailer's latest offerings.

As enthusiasm grows, so does the scrutiny, with some questioning the practicality and design of Kmart's new $15 kitchenware.

This shift in focus highlights a broader debate among consumers about the balance between innovation and functionality in everyday products.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart offers an in-store printing service called Kmart Photos in collaboration with Kodak, where customers can personalise a 325ml White Mug.
  • Customers have praised the quality and value of the personalised mugs, with some noting that they've lasted for years.
  • The mugs provide a thoughtful gift option that's affordable, with many suggesting them for teachers or Kris Kringle presents.
  • The service includes options for customisation with a single photo, a collage, or a design layout, and the mugs are described as microwave and dishwasher-safe.
Have you tried out this service from Kmart? Would you consider giving a personalised mug as a gift? Or perhaps you've received one yourself? We'd love to hear about your experiences with this ‘miraculous’ service in the comments below!

Sponsored