• 2 onions large quartered
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
  • 3 tsp cornflour
  • 1 cup Beef Stock
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional )

METHOD
    1. Heat one tablespoon vegetable oil in wok and fry beef in batches until browned and almost cooked.
    2. Remove from pan.
    3. Heat remaining vegetable oil, then add garlic, ginger and onions, and stir-fry until onions are soft.
    4. Return beef to wok with sesame oil, sauces and the blended cornflour and stock.
    5. Stir until mixture boils and thickens.
    6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds ( I skip this step)

Last edited:
Sponsored
Please accept that my following comments are not made to be critical, but to highlight some ambiguities between the ingredients and the instructions:
  1. There is no peanut oil mentioned in the ingredients.
  2. No mention of using sesame seed oil in the instructions, so you cannot use "the remaining".
  3. If you had used 1tsp sesame seed oil instead of peanut oil to part cook the beef in batches, I don't think there would be any left to add "the remaining" to.
  4. If you don't sprinkle the cooked food with sesame seed, why list it in the ingredients?
I look forward to reading your recipes, although I have not tried any yet. Regards, David

Please accept that my following comments are not made to be critical, but to highlight some ambiguities between the ingredients and the instructions:
  2. No mention of using sesame seed oil in the instructions, so you cannot use "the remaining".
  3. If you had used 1tsp sesame seed oil instead of peanut oil to part cook the beef in batches, I don't think there would be any left to add "the remaining" to.
  4. If you don't sprinkle the cooked food with sesame seed, why list it in the ingredients?
I look forward to reading your recipes, although I have not tried any yet. Regards, David
1 teaspoon of sesame oil - some people like sesame seeds.;)

Sesame oil is listed and the sesame seeds are optional. Maybe you need your hand held to cook it.
As for peanut or vegetable oil, does it really affect you that much. Be grateful for the recipe.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Sesame oil is listed and the sesame seeds are optional. Maybe you need your hand held to cook it.
As for peanut or vegetable oil, does it really affect you that much. Be grateful for the recipe.
There is no need to be nasty with your comments. I was merely pointing out that the instructions referred to an ingredient that was not listed. I do realise that the sesame seed is optional, but if the person supplying the recipe does not use the ingredient, why list it as an ingredient? It could be said the use of sesame seed is an option people trying the recipe might like to use.

Regarding the amount of oil used, irrespective of what type, I would have thought 1 tsp would disappear with the meat being cooked and you cannot add oil from ingredients that have already been used. If the recipe included additional oil to be added at Step 3, fine, but it doesn't.

My original comments were made in an attempt to clarify ambiguity, not to be nasty.

Original recipe I used ,uses peanut oil, I use vegetable oil and have now changed the peanut oil to vegetable oil in Directions

Reactions: Ezzy and Skeeta22