Mongolian Beef Recipe

Mongolian Beef Recipe

shutterstock_1982469719.jpg

Credits: Shutterstock

Quick story: I almost cried when I first tasted this dish because it is so delicious. It's sweet, garlicky, and has a hint of ginger flavour; I can still taste it in my mouth! Since then, I've been looking for this dish in every Asian restaurant. It's a stir-fry dish with thin slices of beef cooked in a thick brown sauce with green onions.

What I also like about this dish is that it is easier to make than you might think. If you're looking for a delicious but simple dish to make for dinner tonight, I recommend this one.

Ingredients:

500g of flank steak (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (normal soy sauce is fine too)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. canola oil (or olive oil)
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced

Instructions:

1. Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, ginger, and garlic in a ziplock bag. Add steak and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (marinate anywhere up to 12 hours).

2. Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.

3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add steak and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until browned.

4. Add spring onions to the skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes.

5. Serve with rice or with a side salad.

And there you have it! A savoury dish, done in just minutes! If you want a spicy kick to it, add pepper flakes to the sauce. Let us know if you give this recipe a go!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Mongolian Beef Recipe

View attachment 2942

Quick story: I almost cried when I first tasted this dish because it is so delicious. It's sweet, garlicky, and has a hint of ginger flavour; I can still taste it in my mouth! Since then, I've been looking for this dish in every Asian restaurant. It's a stir-fry dish with thin slices of beef cooked in a thick brown sauce with green onions.

What I also like about this dish is that it is easier to make than you might think. If you're looking for a delicious but simple dish to make for dinner tonight, I recommend this one.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced

Instructions:

1. Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, ginger, and garlic in a ziplock bag. Add steak and marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (marinate anywhere up to 12 hours).

2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.

3. Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.

4. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add steak and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until browned.

5. Transfer steak to a baking dish. Add spring onions to the skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes.

7. Serve with rice or with a side salad.

And there you have it! A savoury dish, done in just minutes! If you want a spicy kick to it, add pepper flakes to the sauce. Let us know if you give this recipe a go!
I'm missing the reason why you preheat the oven to 200°C, if you cook the steak on the stovetop? Help.

Mongolian Beef Recipe

View attachment 2942

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced

Instructions:

2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.

3. Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.

4. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add steak and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until browned.

5. Transfer steak to a baking dish. Add spring onions to the skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes.

7. Serve with rice or with a side salad.

Hi @Sheryn F Martin and @Thecheesequeen Sorry for the confusion. I've edited the recipe already. I actually omitted a part of the preparation and forgot to remove some steps. Those are for if you want to add vegetables. In a large bowl, toss prepared vegetables with remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

Reactions: Ricci
More yummy recipes than I have days to cook them. I am in the middle of using up all the stuff in my chest freezer, it'll take me months!! I just hope that by the time I'm ready to branch out that there's an SDC cookbook with all these recipes in it!:)

Reactions: barbaranne
Mongolian Beef Recipe

View attachment 2942

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced

Instructions:

3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add steak and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until browned.

Mongolian Beef Recipe

View attachment 2942

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced

Instructions: