SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Penny4

Penny4

Dec 24, 2021
Mini Cos Lettuce

I love growing my mini cos lettuce in pots. This way I can move them if there's not enough sun or it's too hot for them.
Just cut off some leaves for a sandwich or a salad, and they keep growing new leaves.

IMG2024712.jpg

Reactions: Littleboy8
I have a couple of normal cos lettuce, but much prefer the mini one, only because it doesn't have the sap on the ends like the normal ones.
I find they are also much tender.

I also have heaps of rocket growing and mixed baby lettuce. It's so good mixing them altogether.

I also have alot of herbs which I add to everything

20231009_105755.jpg
20231009_105846.jpg

Hello ,
Did you grow these from seeds, or buy small plants?
I really want to grow my vegies, from scraps. Ie. Leeks, spring onions, celery, etc. I don't know of any others.
CAn anyone advise?
They are pretty easy to grow from seeds . We usually grow from tiny plants as they grow faster.
When you buy large punnets you get alot in them.
Make sure you prepare your soil before hand . Plant in a sunny position . We also place mulch around the plants as it helps to keep them moist.

It's also easy to grow vegetables in pots.

When I've used shallots, we replant the bottoms if their are roots on them