Peter H Moors

Jan 3, 2022
members may recall that in March last year Heinz announced that they would no longer be manufacturing the old Australian favourite, " Wild's Ezi Sauce

Members may recall that in March last year, Heinz announced that they would no longer be manufacturing the old Australian favourite, " Wild's Ezy Sauce", that Australians have used for generations when making home-made tomato sauce, relishes and chutneys. A further announcement was issued in August 2022 that due to the demand, Ezy Sauce would again be manufactured. Sadly that did not happen. I cantacted Heinz today and they confirmed that it was no longer available.
HOWEVER, I was told that Coles now make and sell a very similar product "Ezy to use Sauce Base". I was told that it contains the same contents as the original Ezy Sauce and that it appears to be almost identical! WOW! I promptly phoned my local Coles store and enquired about it. I was told that that store no longer selles it but that it was available in many of their other stores, including another store close to me and that the computer record showed that they had 11 bottles. Naturally I then drove to that store and found the bottles in the sauce section and grabbed the 11 bottles.
The new Coles bottles are 500ml, whereas the old Ezi Sauce bottles were only 375ml, and they have screw to lids. I've promised my brother-in-law two bottels for his birthday and I'll keep the rest for my own saucemakiong. Friends and relatives of mine will be very happy to hear that "Pete's Home Made Cross Road Red" will soon be back in production and be gifted out as it has been for years.

So that's it folks, chase usp your local Coles shop and make enquiries, and while you're about it, tell all your mates about it. Let's hope Coles keep up the good work.
Peter H Moors