TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Melbourne woman at her wit's end over roadworks sign

A Woman in Kew was so fed up with the roadwork signs outside her home that she decided to take matters into her own hands. The incident caused her to have a public meltdown.

A traffic controller in the affluent inner-city area of Kew recorded hilarious footage of the woman furiously carrying the sign and traffic cones away from her home.

The footage, which was widely circulated on social media, shows the woman saying, 'you can take photos of me all you like, but DO NOT put this in front of my home.' it garnered negative comments from social media users mocking the woman for her extreme reaction over the road work sign.

'My two-year-old walks like that after a tantrum when they have had some time to realise how silly they are being but needs to remain committed to the tantrum', one user said.

'They need to keep increasing the number of cones and signs each time she moves them - then just watch the rage', added another user.

'I wish I were so rich that my problems were a sign out front on a public footpath.' the third one shared.

In another video uploaded by the tradie, the same woman can be seen hurriedly dragging more road work equipment away from her home and towards the construction site next to her property.

This enraged woman has been dubbed by the social media users as 'Karen from Kew' and is also known as a 2022 version of 'Karen from Brighton'

HGfWSO5lg_kLeiurvlDRQyTXkrhZQ0RK2AWHt_aGU_cWQDYrH8ycUVZt3XooM1I_wcPRdFtEKVUq2CsrU9LcQJAMv7kldSIzT4jw5wVSaUd0VshC7pknnXNDNmaYD7cO8aHgTd4TfCsy2FQxnQ

Source: Gold 104.3

‘Karen from Brighton is also a Melburnian woman, whose real name is Jodi Grollo, and she came to popularity after being interviewed by Nine News from Melbourne's Botanic Gardens during the 2020 lockdowns.

'Well, you get sick of walking the same streets,' she replied when asked about the limitation that asked individuals not to cross council limits when exercising.

'I've done all of Brighton', she added.

Since then, the Brighton woman has established followers on social media of around 11,700 people.

Her most recent post was in early January, but she had previously made videos criticising Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews and lockdown limitations.

Karen from Kew has taken after Brighton's own 'Karen' and is not afraid to project her displeasure to the roadworks outside her home.

What do you think of this story? Is it understandable that this woman wants to move the sign outside of her home on council property, or is she being unreasonable? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

A Woman in Kew was so fed up with the roadwork signs outside her home that she decided to take matters into her own hands. The incident caused her to have a public meltdown.

A traffic controller in the affluent inner-city area of Kew recorded hilarious footage of the woman furiously carrying the sign and traffic cones away from her home.

The footage, which was widely circulated on social media, shows the woman saying, 'you can take photos of me all you like, but DO NOT put this in front of my home.' it garnered negative comments from social media users mocking the woman for her extreme reaction over the road work sign.

'My two-year-old walks like that after a tantrum when they have had some time to realise how silly they are being but needs to remain committed to the tantrum', one user said.

'They need to keep increasing the number of cones and signs each time she moves them - then just watch the rage', added another user.

'I wish I were so rich that my problems were a sign out front on a public footpath.' the third one shared.

In another video uploaded by the tradie, the same woman can be seen hurriedly dragging more road work equipment away from her home and towards the construction site next to her property.

This enraged woman has been dubbed by the social media users as 'Karen from Kew' and is also known as a 2022 version of 'Karen from Brighton'

HGfWSO5lg_kLeiurvlDRQyTXkrhZQ0RK2AWHt_aGU_cWQDYrH8ycUVZt3XooM1I_wcPRdFtEKVUq2CsrU9LcQJAMv7kldSIzT4jw5wVSaUd0VshC7pknnXNDNmaYD7cO8aHgTd4TfCsy2FQxnQ

‘Karen from Brighton is also a Melburnian woman, whose real name is Jodi Grollo, and she came to popularity after being interviewed by Nine News from Melbourne's Botanic Gardens during the 2020 lockdowns.

'Well, you get sick of walking the same streets,' she replied when asked about the limitation that asked individuals not to cross council limits when exercising.

Since then, the Brighton woman has established followers on social media of around 11,700 people.

Her most recent post was in early January, but she had previously made videos criticising Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews and lockdown limitations.

Karen from Kew has taken after Brighton's own 'Karen' and is not afraid to project her displeasure to the roadworks outside her home.

What do you think of this story? Is it understandable that this woman wants to move the sign outside of her home on council property, or is she being unreasonable? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

Does this "Karen" know that she doesn't own the footpath.

Well let's have the whole story.
We are all so ready to criticise without knowing the full facts.
Come on people, let's try to understand why she was so upset. It may well be justified.

She is an idiot in my opinion. An adult throwing a tantrum is not a pretty sight. If that is her only worry in the world she is lucky. The workers would have had a good laugh.

Well let's have the whole story.
We are all so ready to criticise without knowing the full facts.
Come on people, let's try to understand why she was so upset. It may well be justified.
These signs are put in place as a warning and for everyones safety, also set up at legally required distances from the work site, so in moving them she would be liable for any mishaps that arise from her actions. Some people just think they're so privileged that they can do what suits them.

These signs are put in place as a warning and for everyones safety, also set up at legally required distances from the work site, so in moving them she would be liable for any mishaps that arise from her actions. Some people just think they're so privileged that they can do what suits them.
Unless you are an acredited Traffic controler working with a registered traffic control company moving any traffic sign of any description (including traffic cones) away from the position in which they were placed is illegal, no matter the reason that you moved it, the signs and cones are placed in position to protect the public from hazards due to road work or in this case footpath work. This woman gives all karen's a bad name, her actions would have been reported to the police by the leading hand/crew leader of the company hired to perform traffic control/ pedestrian safety measures

Reactions: Ricci
Unless you are an acredited Traffic controler working with a registered traffic control company moving any traffic sign of any description (including traffic cones) away from the position in which they were placed is illegal, no matter the reason that you moved it, the signs and cones are placed in position to protect the public from hazards due to road work or in this case footpath work. This woman gives all karen's a bad name, her actions would have been reported to the police by the leading hand/crew leader of the company hired to perform traffic control/ pedestrian safety measures
Exactly right. 👍

Reactions: Ricci