Meet Long-Time Member @Observer: ‘I can see the funny side of many things.’

Member @Observer is a long-time member whose wife says he is addicted to the SDC! So, of course, we had to ask for a member spotlight. Now, let’s learn a little more about who is behind the screen!

Tell us a little bit about yourself!

I am a 63-year-old male who has now retired because I can afford to do so.

What's something about you that not many people know?

I have always had a sense of humour and can see the funny side of many things where others might not see it.
:)

Why did you first join the Seniors Discount Club?

Initially, it was to find an answer to a situation, and I put it out there for responses from other members so I could determine which direction I could take to solve my problem.

What is your favourite part of the Seniors Discount Club?

I get a good chuckle out of the jokes, though at times, l have heard a different version many years ago.

When responding to some of the topics, I try to offer some common sense advice. Occasionally, and sadly, it falls on deaf ears, or some members are just so set in their ways that I don't answer any further to them.

Do you have any words of wisdom for new or long-time SDC members?

We sometimes have a few members who just don't like to accept common sense answers. However, they all have a right to contribute their opinions. I keep my answers open with honesty without attacking anyone because of their comments.

Do you have a story about yourself that you would like to share?

I have always been a driver and have experience in driving trams (teaching others to drive trams) and buses (dealing with the public), trains, motorcycles, semis, and tractors. Basically, I can jump into any vehicle and just drive.

100_2306 (1).jpg
Image Credit: Member @Observer

From the Editor:

And there you have it! Now when you see member @Observer on the forum, you’ll know a little more about him! I wonder how many of us have driven past one another, let alone past member @Observer?

Sponsored