McDonald's employee's surprising revelation about a little-known fact sparks debate among Macca's fans

McDonald's employee's surprising revelation about a little-known fact sparks debate among Macca's fans
Macca's fans were sent into a frenzy after an employee revealed the little-known secrets behind the onions used in the fast food giant's burgers.

The McDonald's employee, who posts under the username @maccas_myths, shared the two different types of onions that Macca's uses in its menu items — sliced onions and rehydrated onions.

Credit: Tik Tok/@maccas_myths

He said: “At Macca’s, we have two types of onions.”

“Large onions which have been cut up and dehydrated onions.”

The Macca's employee then explained that they soak the dehydrated onions — which come in packets — in a large container of water overnight.

“[They are] drained and put into onion shakers,” he said.

3JhxilwMSkuFMWXr6KP8dNuCFJGR227ai-ZPGsktXGf3Y6YTjhLSFtjPTZcIBUNHZT6_sAl83dzFo0bOhuBmTaX85HYUVxbb_T0jJ46H4aUEHNmLJhJ4o75R3QzhQRiGM39sbTo

The Macca’s employee revealed that the fast food giant uses two types of onions in its menu items. Credit: Tik Tok/@maccas_myths.

The viral video, which amassed over 272,000 views, has sparked a debate among McDonald’s fans on which type of onion they prefer.

One Tik Tok user said: “I way prefer the diced onions over slivered.”

“Those dehydrated onions hit differently,” another chimed in.

A third wrote: “I rehydrate onion flakes for my burgers at home because my kids say it ‘tastes just like McDonald’s!’”

And wrote one more: “The diced onions taste so good though.”

5FVdWJCatHE8SwEVWOblzvxAjyYlSDpcS2wVuudt8K5bAQKyGhA2V5z_H5wXV5pvp54WFiFcE9LN9ZOcTR66zqPkxQQqADwAzn3bga3hQMsyxHRM6F-2DtPJQy1MKAUARq11kxw
YoyQFsINgQcGtZm6_8RPiINOA_8AY3eLWZFtN65azzXGQnRYnwdWZhGBFeIfMwxz6qPtK_k2WcNIHH0qJZKL0ENUmaE1JhSzmwZULYj1qROO7Nkx1nqMAIbUyRP8umQMC5mtDH4

He also revealed that the employees soak the dehydrated onions in a large container of water overnight before they put them into onion shakers. Credit: Tik Tok/@maccas_myths.

It is understood that McDonald's uses its famous rehydrated onions in Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers and Big Macs across all restaurants globally, while the fresh, locally-sourced onions are used in all other food items in the fast food chain's menu, including the Quarter Pounder.

McDonald's Australia purchased 1.5 million kilograms of locally-sourced onions in 2020. The procurement is part of the fast food giant's commitment to supporting the Australian agriculture industry.

How about you? What's your preferred onion variety?

Sponsored
I probably manage a Maccas burger every year or so... generally a quarter pounder and only when there is nothing else handy... :)

Reactions: Ricci
Macca's fans were sent into a frenzy after an employee revealed the little-known secrets behind the onions used in the fast food giant's burgers.

The McDonald's employee, who posts under the username @maccas_myths, shared the two different types of onions that Macca's uses in its menu items — sliced onions and rehydrated onions.

Credit: Tik Tok/@maccas_myths

He said: “At Macca’s, we have two types of onions.”

“Large onions which have been cut up and dehydrated onions.”

The Macca's employee then explained that they soak the dehydrated onions — which come in packets — in a large container of water overnight.

“[They are] drained and put into onion shakers,” he said.

3JhxilwMSkuFMWXr6KP8dNuCFJGR227ai-ZPGsktXGf3Y6YTjhLSFtjPTZcIBUNHZT6_sAl83dzFo0bOhuBmTaX85HYUVxbb_T0jJ46H4aUEHNmLJhJ4o75R3QzhQRiGM39sbTo

The Macca’s employee revealed that the fast food giant uses two types of onions in its menu items. Credit: Tik Tok/@maccas_myths.

The viral video, which amassed over 272,000 views, has sparked a debate among McDonald’s fans on which type of onion they prefer.

One Tik Tok user said: “I way prefer the diced onions over slivered.”

“Those dehydrated onions hit differently,” another chimed in.

A third wrote: “I rehydrate onion flakes for my burgers at home because my kids say it ‘tastes just like McDonald’s!’”

And wrote one more: “The diced onions taste so good though.”

5FVdWJCatHE8SwEVWOblzvxAjyYlSDpcS2wVuudt8K5bAQKyGhA2V5z_H5wXV5pvp54WFiFcE9LN9ZOcTR66zqPkxQQqADwAzn3bga3hQMsyxHRM6F-2DtPJQy1MKAUARq11kxw
YoyQFsINgQcGtZm6_8RPiINOA_8AY3eLWZFtN65azzXGQnRYnwdWZhGBFeIfMwxz6qPtK_k2WcNIHH0qJZKL0ENUmaE1JhSzmwZULYj1qROO7Nkx1nqMAIbUyRP8umQMC5mtDH4

He also revealed that the employees soak the dehydrated onions in a large container of water overnight before they put them into onion shakers. Credit: Tik Tok/@maccas_myths.

It is understood that McDonald's uses its famous rehydrated onions in Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers and Big Macs across all restaurants globally, while the fresh, locally-sourced onions are used in all other food items in the fast food chain's menu, including the Quarter Pounder.

McDonald's Australia purchased 1.5 million kilograms of locally-sourced onions in 2020. The procurement is part of the fast food giant's commitment to supporting the Australian agriculture industry.

How about you? What's your preferred onion variety?

Hats off to McDonald’s they are helping to prepare us for Space Food !!

Reactions: Ricci