McDonald’s subtle menu change causes outrage: ‘I was mad’

In a world filled with fast-paced changes, there’s a comforting constant for many: our favourite foods and drinks.

Consider that go-to order at your local Macca’s—it’s like a reliable friend, always there when you need a familiar taste.

But what happens when the menu undergoes a quiet evolution, and you find your beloved meal changed without warning?

Well, surprises can be a bit hard to digest, especially for these customers at Macca’s.

McDonald’s customers have been left with a sour taste in their mouths after the fast-food giant swapped out a breakfast staple for a stand-in product, but there's an explanation for the change.

‘McDonald’s no longer selling orange juice, but selling orange cordial instead for the same price of $5.15 for a small,’ one customer pointed out.

6bed9240-785c-11ee-9fe5-ec61175c97cc.png
A McDonald’s shopper criticised the fast-food giant for substituting orange juice with ‘cordial’. Image source: Reddit.

In a Reddit post, the customer shared a screenshot of a Macca’s delivery menu, which showed that orange juice wasn’t available but orange fruit ‘beverage’ was on offer instead.

McDonald’s has admitted that the change has been rolled out nationwide, but says it isn’t permanent.

‘We have experienced some delays in our regular supply of orange juice and are temporarily switching to an equally refreshing alternative to ensure customers can still enjoy choice in our menu,’ a spokesperson said.

‘We apologise for the inconvenience and thank customers for their patience while we work to get our regular orange juice back on the menu as soon as possible.’

The switch hasn’t been well-received by Aussie customers, who were disappointed they weren’t aware that orange fruit ‘beverage’ would be substituted for juice.

‘My six-year-old has suddenly started not liking her orange juice from Macca’s recently; this would explain it,’ one parent wrote on the Reddit thread.

‘I asked for orange juice (OJ) and got this; I was mad,’ another customer said.

‘That would explain why it tastes so awful now,’ someone else commented, while others criticised the taste as ‘rank’ and like ‘orange-coloured water’.

Others expressed shock at the cost of beverages at McDonald's.

‘My only question is who the f**k is paying that much for a tiny juice/drink in this economy?’ one user asked.

Someone else pointed out that two litres of Nudie orange juice is currently $6.80 at Woolworths, making it a much cheaper option.

Nudie-Woolworths.png
Nudie Nothing But Oranges With Pulp 2L is now $6.80, down from $8.00 at Woolworths. Image source: Woolworths

Juice drinks vs cordials

Fruit juice drinks and fruit cordials offer distinct sips of fruity goodness.

Fruit juice drinks are made from 1-99% fruit juice, with the remaining percentage usually containing flavour enhancers, stabilisers, or preservatives. derived from either fresh fruit or the entirety of the whole fruit.

On the other hand, fruit cordial is crafted by infusing fruits and botanicals into a sugar syrup, with the fruit component usually sourced from fruit juice concentrate.

Versatile and delightful, cordials can be mixed with water to create refreshing beverages or used as a flavorful addition to cocktails, mocktails, and various culinary creations.

Key Takeaways

• McDonald’s Australia has temporarily replaced orange juice with orange fruit drinks on its menu due to supply issues.
  • The change has caused dissatisfaction among customers, with some expressing their distaste for the substitute product on social media.
  • McDonald’s has apologised for the inconvenience, assuring customers that the change is not permanent and they are working to bring back orange juice as soon as possible.
  • Some customers have expressed surprise at the cost of beverages at McDonald’s, noting that juice from a supermarket can be more cost-effective.
  • Fruit juice drinks are comprised of anywhere from 1-99% fruit juice, while fruit cordial comes from fruit concentrate mixed with sugary syrup.
Members, have you observed a difference in Macca’s orange juice lately? Tell us your thoughts on this new beverage. Share your comments below!

Sponsored
In a world filled with fast-paced changes, there’s a comforting constant for many: our favourite foods and drinks.

Consider that go-to order at your local Macca’s—it’s like a reliable friend, always there when you need a familiar taste.

But what happens when the menu undergoes a quiet evolution, and you find your beloved meal changed without warning?

Well, surprises can be a bit hard to digest, especially for these customers at Macca’s.

McDonald’s customers have been left with a sour taste in their mouths after the fast-food giant swapped out a breakfast staple for a stand-in product, but there's an explanation for the change.

‘McDonald’s no longer selling orange juice, but selling orange cordial instead for the same price of $5.15 for a small,’ one customer pointed out.

View attachment 33763
A McDonald’s shopper criticised the fast-food giant for substituting orange juice with ‘cordial’. Image source: Reddit.

In a Reddit post, the customer shared a screenshot of a Macca’s delivery menu, which showed that orange juice wasn’t available but orange fruit ‘beverage’ was on offer instead.

McDonald’s has admitted that the change has been rolled out nationwide, but says it isn’t permanent.

‘We have experienced some delays in our regular supply of orange juice and are temporarily switching to an equally refreshing alternative to ensure customers can still enjoy choice in our menu,’ a spokesperson said.

‘We apologise for the inconvenience and thank customers for their patience while we work to get our regular orange juice back on the menu as soon as possible.’

The switch hasn’t been well-received by Aussie customers, who were disappointed they weren’t aware that orange fruit ‘beverage’ would be substituted for juice.

‘My six-year-old has suddenly started not liking her orange juice from Macca’s recently; this would explain it,’ one parent wrote on the Reddit thread.

‘That would explain why it tastes so awful now,’ someone else commented, while others criticised the taste as ‘rank’ and like ‘orange-coloured water’.

‘My only question is who the f**k is paying that much for a tiny juice/drink in this economy?’ one user asked.

Someone else pointed out that two litres of Nudie orange juice is currently $6.80 at Woolworths, making it a much cheaper option.

View attachment 33765
Nudie Nothing But Oranges With Pulp 2L is now $6.80, down from $8.00 at Woolworths. Image source: Woolworths

Juice drinks vs cordials

Fruit juice drinks are made from 1-99% fruit juice, with the remaining percentage usually containing flavour enhancers, stabilisers, or preservatives. derived from either fresh fruit or the entirety of the whole fruit.

On the other hand, fruit cordial is crafted by infusing fruits and botanicals into a sugar syrup, with the fruit component usually sourced from fruit juice concentrate.

Versatile and delightful, cordials can be mixed with water to create refreshing beverages or used as a flavorful addition to cocktails, mocktails, and various culinary creations.

Key Takeaways

• McDonald’s Australia has temporarily replaced orange juice with orange fruit drinks on its menu due to supply issues.
  • The change has caused dissatisfaction among customers, with some expressing their distaste for the substitute product on social media.
  • McDonald’s has apologised for the inconvenience, assuring customers that the change is not permanent and they are working to bring back orange juice as soon as possible.
  • Some customers have expressed surprise at the cost of beverages at McDonald’s, noting that juice from a supermarket can be more cost-effective.
  • Fruit juice drinks are comprised of anywhere from 1-99% fruit juice, while fruit cordial comes from fruit concentrate mixed with sugary syrup.
Members, have you observed a difference in Macca’s orange juice lately? Tell us your thoughts on this new beverage. Share your comments below!
If customers cannot read they shouldn't be ordering seriouly!! JUST STOP THE BS AND HARDEN UP!!

Reactions: Granny*Deb

View attachment 33763

View attachment 33765

Juice drinks vs cordials

Key Takeaways

Cordial substitute what a bunch of arseholes Macca's are and at that price you would have to be an idiot to buy it, as for Nudie orange 🍊 juice I buy the Aldi Australian made orange 🍊 juice with pulp and yes 100% Australian

View attachment 33763

View attachment 33765

Juice drinks vs cordials

Key Takeaways

I don't eat McDonald's but $5.15 for a small bottle of juice is ludicrous with the price of food/drinks these days and if it is cordial they have replaced it with who the heck pays $5.15 for a small bottle of water???????????????

I don't eat McDonald's but $5.15 for a small bottle of juice is ludicrous with the price of food/drinks these days and if it is cordial they have replaced it with who the heck pays $5.15 for a small bottle of water???????????????
I don’t eat there either. My friends & I are dismayed that McDonalds are opening a store in our suburb. We would much rather something useful. 🙁

View attachment 33763

View attachment 33765

Juice drinks vs cordials

Key Takeaways

They are EXPENSIVE - not only that, they drop the straw into your drink - which if you have a allergy to something in the stupid paper straw as i do then you end up sick later or they stick those horrible bamboo cutlery into whatever they can - yep i have an allergy to Bamboo ever since moving to the town i live in years ago too. So going to maccas even if i could afford it is dangerous to my health. Doesn't matter if i tell them no straw or cutlery (I have a stainless steel straw with me all the time and re-usable plastic cutlery on hand that i later wash to use again so don't need their bamboo or gluey paper straw/cutlery) they don't listen. They also get stingy on the serviettes which are so thin and useless. Their food is (mostly) full of Sulphites, a dangerous food additive that is used as a preservative in small amounts - though a lot of people like my family have an allergy to it.
They can't even get an order right and are often out of ingredients or machines are broken (code for can't be bothered filling them once they are out or have sold to much of something). You can get a cup of soft drink with no ice at almost 5 times the price of a slurpie in a cup the same size at 7-11 - which is the same drink mix just frozen. Plus their cafe coffee is soo strong i have to put 22 sugar sachets in it to drink it but go to 7-11 and can drink it there sugar free - and the coffee is cheaper too at 7-11).
Years ago when i was a teen i could get 2 cheeseburgers, 2 large chips, 2 thickshakes and 2 ice creams and still had decent change from a $20 note - these days it would probably be closer to twice that amount - and no that wasn't for 2 people just me and everything was bigger back then than now too.
Maccas can stuff off for all i care and take their expensive crap with them.

Reactions: PattiB
Years ago, is just that. Today is today and we must move with the times in everything we do, pay for and say. Or we get left behind in one way or another. Move on, no matter how hard it may be or how we have to deal with expenses. It’s hard but cannot be resolved by a few voices in the wilderness of 26 plus million.