Married At First Sight Couple gave birth to twins 10 weeks earlier than expected

Married At First Sight Couple gave birth to twins 10 weeks earlier than expected
Married At First Sight (MAFS) couple Melissa Rawson and Bryce Ruthven welcomed healthy twin boys 10 weeks earlier than expected.

The proud new parents announced the exciting news on Instagram where the couple shared an adorable video of Melissa going into labour.

The footage shows Melissa sitting on the bed with Bryce saying: "We didn't really have your typical Saturday morning did we babe?"

To which Melissa responded with: "No, no today, we were planning to start establishing the nursery but um here we are. Big shock, very early but I'm being very, very well looked after."

"Twin boys didn't want to stay inside and play, they wanted to come out and meet us in the real world," Bryce said.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.04.05 pm.png
The reality TV couple announces the arrival of their twin boys by sharing an adorable footage on Instagram. Credit: instgram.com/lissrawson.

Melissa then revealed that she is only 29 weeks pregnant so her fingers are crossed that everything would be good.

The couple also said in the video that despite the untimely arrival of the boys which left the couple unready, "the main thing is Liss is healthy, the two boys are healthy and soon we're going to be mum and dad."

"We had planned to spend the weekend building the nursery and setting things up for the twins, but that all changed early Saturday morning," Bryce said.

"Even though the boys have arrived early, they’re doing really well and are getting the best care possible"

The twins are currently at Frankston Hospital in Melbourne where they'll spend the next few weeks in NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).

Bryce said: "They’re responding well to treatment and are squeezing our fingers which is the best feeling in the world.”

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.05.11 pm.png
Proud new parents, Bryce and Melissa said that although the boys arrived earlier than expected, the most important thing is that they are healthy. Credit: instagram.com/lissrawson.

The ‘celebrity’ couple also appeared on A Current Affair where they shocked everyone after revealing that they are expanding their family and planning to tie the knot soon.

Bryce and Melissa also revealed that they picked baby names for the twins.

"We've got a list of about 10 boy and girl names, and because we're having twins, we need two of each. So yeah, I think we're pretty set," Melissa said.
"Very unique names and I guess that's kind of a real testament to our relationship," Bryce said.

Melissa also spilled how she had a hard time wrapping her head around the thought of being pregnant when she first learned of the shocking news.

However, Melissa said she was “over the moon” when she discovered that she was having twins.

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Bryce was unable to share the joyous moment with Melissa as she had to take her first ultrasound alone.

“I was alone during the first ultrasound and [the nurse] just came straight out with it - no warning,” Melissa said.

“I couldn't stop crying, it was very emotional. I think I said ‘holy s**t’ seven times,” she added.

Earlier in July, Melissa shared a video of her ultrasound scan on Instagram.

“My first ultrasound seeing the twins!” Melissa said in the caption.
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.07.38 pm.png
Melissa Rawson took to Instagram to post a video of her first ultrasound scan. Credit: instagram.com/lissrawson.

Bryce shared a similar footage showing Melissa getting the 12-week scan while lying on a hospital bed to which the radio host captioned: “Meet our healthy twins! So proud of how well she’s handling pregnant life.”

Revealing the baby news with New Idea, Melissa described the experience as a “whirlwind but we’re so incredibly happy”.

Bryce also called the eventful news as a blessing and expressed his hopes that the kids will grow up close.

The reality tv couple also said that they were waiting to give birth to the twins before tying the knot and were looking forward to having a “low-key” celebration on the beach with friends.

While the couple is not in a rush to get married, they hinted a few of the names who made it to their guestlist.

“I’m still close to Jason, he’ll be there,” says Bryce, “and Cameron, Russell and James ... we’ll see.”

The couple, however, expressed that the MAFS experts who matched them up will “definitely not” be in attendance.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.08.46 pm.png
The couple hinted a couple of names in the guest list of their upcoming wedding. Credit: New Idea.

Shortly after announcing their news, Bryce posted a video of their engagement on Instagram.

The footage shows the radio host taking Melissa on a helicopter ride in Melbourne where he proposed to her with a 2ct black pear-shaped diamond ring which Melissa herself had helped design.

The soon-to-be Mrs. Ruthven said: “The most beautifully unique ring and exciting proposal I could have ever experienced,” his future bride commented.

The twin boys are a world-first in the history of the Married At First Sight’s franchise.

This article is based on an article written by Sarah Carty for Yahoo Lifestyle.

Sponsored
Such a relief that the babies are doing okay. I think it's rare for women to carry to term when there is more than one baby involved.