SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

Athena E.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 1, 2023
Marbles

Who here played marbles as a kid? Playing with marbles was a cherished childhood pastime and came in various intriguing forms. Cats' eyes, tombolas, blood trackers, and steelies were some of the varieties. There were several different games of marbles too! You could play ‘keeps,’ which meant the winner kept the loser’s marble, or not keeps, just a friendly game.

compressed-385776834_864734138347971_1214231145544284984_n.jpeg
Source: Australia Remember When/Facebook

Do you recall playing with your friend with these marbles? Share your memories with us here.

I remember playing at school and also at home with our neighbours great memories of a time when life was more carefree, I wonder what our family who have gone before us would think of today’s world

Reactions: Fluffy49
My older brother and I had a great collection of marbles and there was great competition to see who could get the best ones. We always had lots of fun and not a screen in sight!

I remember the boys played marbles. The girls “elastics” also known as French skipping. The boys would have chalk circles drawn on the bitumen or concrete.
but what tickled me was the Tongues of Concentration in the photos. My brother had one of those.

I played marbles and loved collecting them, my boys also played with my marbles which I still have but of course at my age I do not play with them now even though I still have them

We played marbles at School, we played so many different games ....'keeps' was a beauty which we generally played last....some boys had lots and some only a few and we would play until only two boys were left with marbles.....then it was a game of ALL IN, WINNER TAKE ALL.....that was fun to play especially if you beat the boy who had accumulated the most marbles. I still have my bag of marbles that went to school with me, and I showed them to my son years ago, and he laughed about playing with them....different times, bring out different ways to entertain yourself I guess. 🤔😂😉