Man who willingly spends $2,650 on “LUXURY” bottled water a month faces backlash — “This is embarrassing!”

A Canadian man has recently faced backlash after he revealed that he spends approximately $2,650 a month on his bottled water habit.

Ryan Dubs took to TikTok to share his lavish habit of storing luxury bottled water VOSS, claiming that drinking this water is the only way he can "stay hydrated".

Credit: TikTok/@ryandubs

"I spend over $2,000 [US dollars] a month on high-end water bottles delivered directly to my house and as a 'water snob' it is such a luxury," he says in the video.

The creative director then claims that he stores his large delivery of the luxury bottled water — which comes in glass bottles — in four fridges.

He then boasts about how loading up his fridges makes him feel so satisfied.

Ryan says: "The boxes are so heavy because the bottles are glass but it's worth it."

"It's one of my favourite water bottle brands."

The creative director also admitted to not liking to drink water, saying that he has "always been a water snob".

Ryan explains: "And I know that for a lot of people they're like, 'What the hell? Why do you care? It's just water.' But I hate the taste of tap water."

"I cannot drink it. I can only drink bottled water. It's the only way I can get it in me."

Elsewhere in the clip, Ryan confessed to drinking Fiji water before. However, he claimed that he worries about the amount of plastic he was wasting by doing so

He then explains that VOSS is his choice because the brand's website claims that it is "net carbon neutral".

"Everybody has their thing but I guess I'm just a water snob," he says.

wXbnbm3UDz7mZ3Hf3w4V41wFEeJnXta_VOM4xbWxnVKemJVxfgHNyig5vs96CfMdFHtn8QakRzQtWeCjE3zXeRZdpwpDJUIoUpV0fRKprx57y13l98w0oZyaFez-b06S_Q99nH0
z2nN7rnKwHIVSzxz8Mz0uYb4UibeunzT3fGoaK8ydEo-VyRptc343aWB-CleCmINSxivIAfyof02i0AHJMXsiirJHQJVbIacDKxGV9_Fsn9XK-20SEeA7xLRrQYgnlc1VtffPQU

Ryan said he doesn’t like tap water and has tried other brands to no avail. Credit: TikTok/@ryandubs.

The video went viral on TikTok, amassing more than 1.5 million views and thousands of comments from users calling him out for wasting so much money for something he can do practically for free.

One person wrote: "It costs nothing (to make) its tap water because Norway has the top 2 cleanest tap water(s)."

"Haha I heard if you put the bottle to your ear, you can hear the marketing team laughing," another quipped.

Others pointed out that VOSS uses the same water as other bottled brands.

Ryan responded to these claims, writing: "Noooo hahaha it is so much better! I swear I have a heightened taste to chemicals and I just can't do it."

A number of users didn’t hold back in calling out Ryan for his "insensitive" habit.

One comment read: "This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen."

"This is embarrassing," another added.

A third chimed in: "When you said you spent over $2k a month on water, I guarantee you the question most people were thinking was not 'where do you keep it."

How about you? What are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
What would he do if he was marooned in the desert with only water from an oasis, he would have to drink it of course to stay alive (but I guess he takes his water wherever he goes?). If he can afford his "luxury" why doesn't he donate to those who don't even have water and send boxes of bottled water to them. It sure is disgusting when people are dying of thirst and he gloats about doing this..

Man who willingly spends $2,650 on “LUXURY” bottled water a month faces backlash — “This is embarrassing!”

A Canadian man has recently faced backlash after he revealed that he spends approximately $2,650 a month on his bottled water habit.

Ryan Dubs took to TikTok to share his lavish habit of storing luxury bottled water VOSS, claiming that drinking this water is the only way he can "stay hydrated".

"I spend over $2,000 [US dollars] a month on high-end water bottles delivered directly to my house and as a 'water snob' it is such a luxury," he says in the video.

The creative director then claims that he stores his large delivery of the luxury bottled water — which comes in glass bottles — in four fridges.

Ryan says: "The boxes are so heavy because the bottles are glass but it's worth it."

The creative director also admitted to not liking to drink water, saying that he has "always been a water snob".

Ryan explains: "And I know that for a lot of people they're like, 'What the hell? Why do you care? It's just water.' But I hate the taste of tap water."

"I cannot drink it. I can only drink bottled water. It's the only way I can get it in me."

Elsewhere in the clip, Ryan confessed to drinking Fiji water before. However, he claimed that he worries about the amount of plastic he was wasting by doing so

He then explains that VOSS is his choice because the brand's website claims that it is "net carbon neutral".

wXbnbm3UDz7mZ3Hf3w4V41wFEeJnXta_VOM4xbWxnVKemJVxfgHNyig5vs96CfMdFHtn8QakRzQtWeCjE3zXeRZdpwpDJUIoUpV0fRKprx57y13l98w0oZyaFez-b06S_Q99nH0
z2nN7rnKwHIVSzxz8Mz0uYb4UibeunzT3fGoaK8ydEo-VyRptc343aWB-CleCmINSxivIAfyof02i0AHJMXsiirJHQJVbIacDKxGV9_Fsn9XK-20SEeA7xLRrQYgnlc1VtffPQU

Ryan said he doesn’t like tap water and has tried other brands to no avail. Credit: TikTok/@ryandubs.

The video went viral on TikTok, amassing more than 1.5 million views and thousands of comments from users calling him out for wasting so much money for something he can do practically for free.

One person wrote: "It costs nothing (to make) its tap water because Norway has the top 2 cleanest tap water(s)."

"Haha I heard if you put the bottle to your ear, you can hear the marketing team laughing," another quipped.

Ryan responded to these claims, writing: "Noooo hahaha it is so much better! I swear I have a heightened taste to chemicals and I just can't do it."

A number of users didn’t hold back in calling out Ryan for his "insensitive" habit.

A third chimed in: "When you said you spent over $2k a month on water, I guarantee you the question most people were thinking was not 'where do you keep it."

I hate tap water too, but I go the cheap way, I squeeze a bit of lemon juice into my bottle of water, taste very nice ( I drink 2-3 litres a day.)

More money than brains. As long as he can pay for it and recycles, who really cares

Okaaay...LUXURY water hey? Hmmm. Judging by his product placement in photos, particularly awkward way he drinking from bottle (LOL) he either is already receiving sponsorship from them by way of boxes of water OR is not so subtly seeking sponsorship from them. If this guy wants to spend his money by flushing it down the loo then it is his business & no one else. But since we ARE all allowed to express our opinion...I think something smells fishy with this guy ;)

Reactions: Ricci
It is horrifying to me that anyone can spend money on bottled water when there are millions of people worldwide who haven't any access to fresh water at all.

Reactions: Ricci and Chris
I don't like tap water either so we had a pure tap installed, then because I like sparkling water I bought a soda stream ....happy, it must cost $19 every few months.
I'm the same. Cannot tolerate tap water. I don't even like the smell of it, let alone taste. We have a Pura Tap and I put about a 1/4" of light Bickfords cordial in a 1.2L bottle, and I am a happy drinker of water :)

Why not buy a high end filter for his tap. This would probably remove even more toxins than what he gets in his bottled water

All I can say is “ to each he’s own” but what a waste of money, water is water. He’s better of buying a good water filter, oh well we all know what they say about a fool and he’s money.