Come on guys we've all done it... just try saying "Sorry baby this isn't anything like you get... This is serious!

I think I have..... MAN FLUE!!! o_O do a couple of little coughs and I've even prepared and tinkled a little bell for room service....

nah it didn't work out well lol :giggle:

When i first arrived in Australia I used to laugh at work when someone would have 2 days off and say they had had the flu, I used to tell them that if you really had the flu you could expect 3 to 6 weeks off work it is one of the most energy sapping illnesses to have.

Years back, I remember being shocked to see a Greek mates older aged mother, busily preparing food in their kitchen late one afternoon. (Think Ma Kettle, but as a Greek woman) I said what is your mother doing here, shouldn't she still be in hospital, after all she just had a baby yesterday. Gerry said she checked herself out and came home to prepare the food for the celebration... true story.

Reactions: SandyM and Nichola
When i first arrived in Australia I used to laugh at work when someone would have 2 days off and say they had had the flu, I used to tell them that if you really had the flu you could expect 3 to 6 weeks off work it is one of the most energy sapping illnesses to have.
People still do, they don't know the difference between the common cold and the flu.
I had the Hong Kong flu some 50 years ago now, was in bed, off work for 6 weeks.
Thank God I have never had the flu again, not even a cold for that matter😰😓

Reactions: Nichola