Man caught on camera stealing… a dog bowl: ‘Why?’

Members, If you thought you had heard it all, think again! This story will have you shaking your head in disbelief.

Shadie Elass, a hard-working business owner of a boxing gym in Sylvania, had his morning routine rudely interrupted when he discovered something was missing. And it wasn't just any ordinary thing - it was a dog bowl!

But this was no usual case of forgetfulness. Shadie was left speechless when he checked the CCTV footage and saw the perpetrator in action: a sneaky stranger had taken advantage of the unattended bowls and made off with it right under his nose.

'When I realised someone would lower themselves to that extent and nick a dog bowl, I was pretty angry, to be honest,' he said.

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 12.52.38 PM.png
The footage captured an unknown man snatching the unattended dog bowls and fleeing the scene. Credit: Facebook.

Although the thief might have believed he got away with it, Shadie was able to capture the act on his surveillance system. With any luck, he will soon identify the man and, at the very least, ask him to return the dog bowl.

Undeterred by the criminal's actions, he said he is already planning to purchase a new one.

Now, if you're wondering why there was a stray dog bowl outside Shadie's gym, apparently, it wasn't just any ordinary bowl - it was a tribute to his beloved pet dog who passed away from cancer last year.

Shadie's kindness and generosity extended beyond just his furry friend. He wanted to do something nice for the other dogs who passed by his gym on their way to the groomers next door.

Mindful of the scorching hot days Sydney has experienced recently, he decided to leave out a bowl of water for them to drink and cool down.

And you thought this story couldn't get any more heart-wrenching!

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 12.52.30 PM.png
Shadie had intended to replenish the dog bowls each day so local dogs would enjoy a refreshing drink and experience some relief from the hot weather. Credit: Kmart.

Shadie's actions have not gone unnoticed, with his video post on Facebook sparking a flurry of outraged comments from fellow animal lovers. People couldn't believe someone would stoop so low as to steal something as inexpensive as a dog bowl.

'That comes under the category of “now I've seen everything”. Disgusting!' one woman wrote, while another chimed in with, 'How embarrassing stealing dog bowls!'

But even in the face of this senseless theft, Shadie remained resolute in offering local dogs a resting station.

He confirmed that he will continue to leave out dog bowls for thirsty dogs but acknowledged that he may need to rethink his strategy to ensure that the next one doesn't get stolen.

'I need to figure out a way how they can't get this one. Maybe I need to put it in a hiding spot or padlock it or something,' he shared.

Key Takeaways

• A Sydney business owner was shocked to find an unknown man had stolen a dog bowl from his boxing gym.
  • The owner had originally intended to replenish the bowls, as he did every day, for local dogs.
  • Social media commenters condemned the opportunist for stealing the inexpensive item.
  • The owner has vowed to come up with a new strategy to prevent the next bowl from being stolen.

In Australia, summer temperatures can reach scorching highs, making it crucial to take extra care of our furry friends. Dehydration can be a real concern, so it's important to make sure they have access to plenty of clean water.

According to veterinarians, water makes up 80% of a pet's body, making hydration even more critical to their health. To keep pets safe during hot weather, keep them in the shade and never leave them alone in a hot car.

Once a dog's temperature goes above 40°C, it can trigger irreversible damage to the brain and internal organs.

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 12.52.23 PM.png
We all need to drink more fluids to avoid dehydration – and dogs are no different. Credit: Unsplash/Daniel Brunsteiner.

Keeping water bowls clean and full is another essential aspect of pet care. Clean water encourages pets to drink more and helps prevent harmful bacteria or mould from growing. To introduce more water into your dog's diet, try adding some to their food or giving them ice cubes as a cooling and refreshing treat.

For pet owners who enjoy spending time outdoors, investing in a collapsible bowl or water bottle-bowl combo is a good idea to provide your pet with drinking water on the go.

As the temperature rises, it's not just us humans who need to stay hydrated. Our furry friends also require plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. And as we've seen with Shadie's story, a small act of kindness, like leaving out a bowl of water, can go a long way in keeping local pets healthy and happy.

But beware, some may be willing to stoop to a new low to steal even the simplest of items, like a dog bowl…

Have you ever done something kind for the animals in your neighbourhood? And while we're on the topic of stealing, what are some of the weirdest things you've seen or heard stolen around your area? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Members, If you thought you had heard it all, think again! This story will have you shaking your head in disbelief.

Shadie Elass, a hard-working business owner of a boxing gym in Sylvania, had his morning routine rudely interrupted when he discovered something was missing. And it wasn't just any ordinary thing - it was a dog bowl!

But this was no usual case of forgetfulness. Shadie was left speechless when he checked the CCTV footage and saw the perpetrator in action: a sneaky stranger had taken advantage of the unattended bowls and made off with it right under his nose.

'When I realised someone would lower themselves to that extent and nick a dog bowl, I was pretty angry, to be honest,' he said.

View attachment 15305
The footage captured an unknown man snatching the unattended dog bowls and fleeing the scene. Credit: Facebook.

Although the thief might have believed he got away with it, Shadie was able to capture the act on his surveillance system. With any luck, he will soon identify the man and, at the very least, ask him to return the dog bowl.

Undeterred by the criminal's actions, he said he is already planning to purchase a new one.

Now, if you're wondering why there was a stray dog bowl outside Shadie's gym, apparently, it wasn't just any ordinary bowl - it was a tribute to his beloved pet dog who passed away from cancer last year.

Shadie's kindness and generosity extended beyond just his furry friend. He wanted to do something nice for the other dogs who passed by his gym on their way to the groomers next door.

Mindful of the scorching hot days Sydney has experienced recently, he decided to leave out a bowl of water for them to drink and cool down.

View attachment 15306
Shadie had intended to replenish the dog bowls each day so local dogs would enjoy a refreshing drink and experience some relief from the hot weather. Credit: Kmart.

Shadie's actions have not gone unnoticed, with his video post on Facebook sparking a flurry of outraged comments from fellow animal lovers. People couldn't believe someone would stoop so low as to steal something as inexpensive as a dog bowl.

'That comes under the category of “now I've seen everything”. Disgusting!' one woman wrote, while another chimed in with, 'How embarrassing stealing dog bowls!'

But even in the face of this senseless theft, Shadie remained resolute in offering local dogs a resting station.

He confirmed that he will continue to leave out dog bowls for thirsty dogs but acknowledged that he may need to rethink his strategy to ensure that the next one doesn't get stolen.

'I need to figure out a way how they can't get this one. Maybe I need to put it in a hiding spot or padlock it or something,' he shared.

Key Takeaways

• A Sydney business owner was shocked to find an unknown man had stolen a dog bowl from his boxing gym.
  • The owner had originally intended to replenish the bowls, as he did every day, for local dogs.
  • Social media commenters condemned the opportunist for stealing the inexpensive item.
  • The owner has vowed to come up with a new strategy to prevent the next bowl from being stolen.

In Australia, summer temperatures can reach scorching highs, making it crucial to take extra care of our furry friends. Dehydration can be a real concern, so it's important to make sure they have access to plenty of clean water.

According to veterinarians, water makes up 80% of a pet's body, making hydration even more critical to their health. To keep pets safe during hot weather, keep them in the shade and never leave them alone in a hot car.

Once a dog's temperature goes above 40°C, it can trigger irreversible damage to the brain and internal organs.

View attachment 15307
We all need to drink more fluids to avoid dehydration – and dogs are no different. Credit: Unsplash/Daniel Brunsteiner.

Keeping water bowls clean and full is another essential aspect of pet care. Clean water encourages pets to drink more and helps prevent harmful bacteria or mould from growing. To introduce more water into your dog's diet, try adding some to their food or giving them ice cubes as a cooling and refreshing treat.

For pet owners who enjoy spending time outdoors, investing in a collapsible bowl or water bottle-bowl combo is a good idea to provide your pet with drinking water on the go.

As the temperature rises, it's not just us humans who need to stay hydrated. Our furry friends also require plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. And as we've seen with Shadie's story, a small act of kindness, like leaving out a bowl of water, can go a long way in keeping local pets healthy and happy.

But beware, some may be willing to stoop to a new low to steal even the simplest of items, like a dog bowl…

Have you ever done something kind for the animals in your neighbourhood? And while we're on the topic of stealing, what are some of the weirdest things you've seen or heard stolen around your area? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
I managed an aged care facility for many years and for several months ashtrays we kept outside for the use of our elderly residents were stolen. Even the cigarette butts were taken. We eventually had to chain the ashtray to a post. If the culprit was so desperate we would have given him/her one if they asked

What a blow to someone's beautiful tribute to his own pet. There are people who would steal the shirt off your back if they didn't have to pull it over your head. Our dogs have a massive glass bowl that is too heavy even empty for me to lift. As there are 3 very large dogs that each drink out of it that is fine.

Reactions: Zoya
My birdbath was almost stolen. Luckily I'd concreted it into the ground with a star picket inside, so they only managed to straighten it to perfectly level.
Stealing dog dishes would have to be the lowest ever.

That is low...the pits. He will be recognised even with the blurry face. Then exposed, he will think twice about taking anything that is stealing. Perhaps he thought 'it was just sitting there out in public, so took it. Ha sprung, you are now an Internet star over a dog bowl ...this will stick!

Reactions: gordon1940
I managed an aged care facility for many years and for several months ashtrays we kept outside for the use of our elderly residents were stolen. Even the cigarette butts were taken. We eventually had to chain the ashtray to a post. If the culprit was so desperate we would have given him/her one if they asked
Wonder if it was an anti-smoker who did that as picking up old butts is not exactly a pleasant activity.

At a local Cafe to me they have a dog bowl for our furry companions. A staff member and I were talking about theft in general and she said not only do people steal the potted plants but the bowls regularly disappear.

I walk past our local library at sunrise and pick up the newspaper that is delivered there and put it in the return box. It outrages me that people steal the paper every chance they get. There are people who go to the library just to read the paper each day.

As the librarian said if they come in late in the day we would give it to them.

That is low...the pits. He will be recognised even with the blurry face. Then exposed, he will think twice about taking anything that is stealing. Perhaps he thought 'it was just sitting there out in public, so took it. Ha sprung, you are now an Internet star over a dog bowl ...this will stick!
Why is his face blurred?? Is their a Legal reason?? He should be shammed.

View attachment 15305

View attachment 15306

Key Takeaways

View attachment 15307

As they used to say, you get bastards that would steal the pennies off a dead man's eyes.

View attachment 15305

View attachment 15306

Key Takeaways

View attachment 15307

I’m a foster parent for pups! Young or old and have also adopted many senior rescue dogs with health issues that nobody else wants to deal with. Their previous owners gave up on them. It angers me because a dog is the only thing that will love you unconditionally more than anything. This gentleman has a heart of gold and wanting to remember his beloved furbaby this way is a beautiful, kind gesture.

I hope the thief is recognised and shamed by the people who know him for such a despicable act! I always carry a water bottle/bowl for my furkids whether they choose to drink out of it or not. It goes right along with their poop bags. Necessities! Yes, my furkids have their own bag for when we go out and if they happened to run out of water, highly unlikely since I always have extra just invade, I’d give them mine with no hesitation.

Reactions: gordon1940