Major Channel Seven icon walks away after 12 years

In a surprising turn of events, Kendall Gilding, a beloved figure on Channel Seven, has decided to part ways with the network after a remarkable 12-year tenure.

This departure is not due to redundancy but a personal decision by Gilding, who has become a household name for Queensland viewers as the host of the Channel 7 News at 4 pm each weekday.

Gilding won’t be seen behind the Queensland news desk ‘after failing to come to terms on a new contract’.

Her journey in journalism began in 2011 when she started as a presenter on Brisbane radio station 96five Family Radio.

Later that year, she joined Channel Seven, marking the beginning of a long and successful career with the network.

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 7.19.53 AM.png
Kendall Gilding is set to leave Channel Seven after 12 years. Credit: @kendallgilding7 / Instagram

Over the years, Gilding has become a familiar face for viewers, delivering the news with professionalism and charm.

However, Gilding's life isn't just about her career. She's also a dedicated wife and mother.

Last year, she shared the exciting and somewhat unconventional birth story of her second child, Moses Morgan.

In a candid interview, Gilding said, ‘I only had a three-hour active labour which is awesome, and he was born in the shower, and Tim was able to catch him.’

'I was in the shower facing the wall, and Tim was behind me kneeling on the floor…he was down there with the midwife ready to go and waiting to see what we were having.’

'Then Tim caught him, lifted him up to my chest, looked up to me and said "It's Moses". We didn't know what we were having, but we definitely knew if it was a boy, that is what he'd be called. It was pretty special.’

'We've been living deep in the baby bubble! Our boy Moses Timothy Morgan arrived on Wednesday! 3.2kg and 51cm long,' Gilding captioned her post on social media alongside a photo with their second child.

'I had a beautiful, redemptive birth experience thanks to my darling husband & the [midwifery] team! I am a seriously blessed woman! God is good!'

Gilding's journey to motherhood hasn't been without its challenges.

She and her husband previously faced fertility issues before welcoming their first child, Olive, in 2019, through IVF treatments.

Explaining that she ‘desperately’ wanted a family, Gilding said, 'But the desire of my heart was still to fall pregnant naturally.’

'After trying and trying—we were headed down the same medical road.’

'Then, at the 11th hour, just a few days before surgery—I took a test & for the first time in our lives, we watched that little window turn positive!’

Gilding's departure from Channel Seven marks the end of an era, but it also opens up a new chapter in her life.

As she steps away from the limelight, she leaves a legacy of journalistic excellence and a connection with viewers that will be hard to replace.

We wish Kendall Gilding all the best in her future endeavours and thank her for her years of dedicated service to Channel Seven and its viewers. Her presence on the network will be missed, but we're excited to see what the next chapter holds for her.

Similarly, prominent journalist Karina Carvalho decided to step down from her role after 17 years with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).

Her decision to leave was not made in haste but is a thoughtful step towards exploring new opportunities. Read more about her departure here.
Key Takeaways

• Kendall Gilding, a well-known Channel Seven presenter in Queensland, is departing the network after a 12-year tenure.
  • Gilding shared her unique childbirth experience of delivering her second child, a boy named Moses Morgan, in a shower with her husband assisting in the birth.
  • The couple has previously experienced fertility issues, with their first child, Olive, being conceived through IVF before conceiving Moses naturally.
  • Gilding has been with Channel Seven since beginning her journalism career.
What are your thoughts on Kendall Gilding's departure from Channel Seven? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Maybe another presenter who thinks she is worth more money than she was offered. Yes she may be good at her job, but there are so many others waiting in the wings who would be just as good. So called tv and radio personalities get paid way above what the job they do is actually worth, and I’m sure what most of them are worth.

• Sad
Reactions: Veggiepatch
In a surprising turn of events, Kendall Gilding, a beloved figure on Channel Seven, has decided to part ways with the network after a remarkable 12-year tenure.

This departure is not due to redundancy but a personal decision by Gilding, who has become a household name for Queensland viewers as the host of the Channel 7 News at 4 pm each weekday.

Gilding won’t be seen behind the Queensland news desk ‘after failing to come to terms on a new contract’.

Her journey in journalism began in 2011 when she started as a presenter on Brisbane radio station 96five Family Radio.

Later that year, she joined Channel Seven, marking the beginning of a long and successful career with the network.

View attachment 38015
Kendall Gilding is set to leave Channel Seven after 12 years. Credit: @kendallgilding7 / Instagram

Over the years, Gilding has become a familiar face for viewers, delivering the news with professionalism and charm.

However, Gilding's life isn't just about her career. She's also a dedicated wife and mother.

Last year, she shared the exciting and somewhat unconventional birth story of her second child, Moses Morgan.

In a candid interview, Gilding said, ‘I only had a three-hour active labour which is awesome, and he was born in the shower, and Tim was able to catch him.’

'I was in the shower facing the wall, and Tim was behind me kneeling on the floor…he was down there with the midwife ready to go and waiting to see what we were having.’

'Then Tim caught him, lifted him up to my chest, looked up to me and said "It's Moses". We didn't know what we were having, but we definitely knew if it was a boy, that is what he'd be called. It was pretty special.’

'We've been living deep in the baby bubble! Our boy Moses Timothy Morgan arrived on Wednesday! 3.2kg and 51cm long,' Gilding captioned her post on social media alongside a photo with their second child.

'I had a beautiful, redemptive birth experience thanks to my darling husband & the [midwifery] team! I am a seriously blessed woman! God is good!'

She and her husband previously faced fertility issues before welcoming their first child, Olive, in 2019, through IVF treatments.

Explaining that she ‘desperately’ wanted a family, Gilding said, 'But the desire of my heart was still to fall pregnant naturally.’

'Then, at the 11th hour, just a few days before surgery—I took a test & for the first time in our lives, we watched that little window turn positive!’

Gilding's departure from Channel Seven marks the end of an era, but it also opens up a new chapter in her life.

As she steps away from the limelight, she leaves a legacy of journalistic excellence and a connection with viewers that will be hard to replace.

We wish Kendall Gilding all the best in her future endeavours and thank her for her years of dedicated service to Channel Seven and its viewers. Her presence on the network will be missed, but we're excited to see what the next chapter holds for her.

Similarly, prominent journalist Karina Carvalho decided to step down from her role after 17 years with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).

Her decision to leave was not made in haste but is a thoughtful step towards exploring new opportunities. Read more about her departure here.
Key Takeaways

• Kendall Gilding, a well-known Channel Seven presenter in Queensland, is departing the network after a 12-year tenure.
  • Gilding shared her unique childbirth experience of delivering her second child, a boy named Moses Morgan, in a shower with her husband assisting in the birth.
  • The couple has previously experienced fertility issues, with their first child, Olive, being conceived through IVF before conceiving Moses naturally.
What are your thoughts on Kendall Gilding's departure from Channel Seven? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
It would seem that when a person reaches the upper reaches of their career and at a time of renewal of their contracts, channel 7 dictates the terms and on a financial contract agreement won't budge, so they loose valuable staff and customer satisfaction.
All the best Kendall 👍

Maybe another presenter who thinks she is worth more money than she was offered. Yes she may be good at her job, but there are so many others waiting in the wings who would be just as good. So called tv and radio personalities get paid way above what the job they do is actually worth, and I’m sure what most of them are worth.
Take a look at the average salary of an SBS news presenter and you would be horrified. At an average around the $70000 mark, they get paid less than teachers or police on their base rate.

Reactions: Catherines

View attachment 38015

Key Takeaways

Spunk.

Just where is channel 7 going to find another blonde (natural or other wise) with blue eyes & pointy in the right spots? Such a challenge they face.