Love singing? Savvy shoppers rave over HUGE DISCOUNTS on Kmart's Portable Karaoke Machine - but there's a catch

Australia is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes, and diverse wildlife. But there's one more thing that Aussies love to do: sing!

Many of us love to express ourselves through music, whether it’s a group singalong at a party, a night out at a karaoke bar, or simply singing in the shower.

Australians sincerely appreciate various musical genres from the classic hits of AC/DC, ABBA, and Kylie Minogue to the modern sounds of Sia and Guy Sebastian.

Many of us even have a favourite karaoke spot where we can show off our singing skills in front of a cheering crowd.

But what makes singing such a beloved pastime in Australia? Perhaps it's the friendly and relaxed nature of Aussie culture which encourages people to have fun and enjoy life. Or maybe it's the fact that music can bring people together and create a sense of community.

Whatever the reason, it's clear that singing is important.

It’s also no wonder why karaoke machines are in-demand Down Under.

Kmart's Portable Karaoke Machine has become a popular gadget among savvy shoppers, and it's not hard to see why. After all, who wouldn't want the ability to sing their hearts out wherever they go?

But wait, it gets even better! There are reports that the item is being heavily discounted from its original price of $100 to an unbelievable $5!

One Kmart shopper recently took to social media to share how they managed to score the item for only $5.

334288771_5969928529756986_6710170232560032544_n.jpg
Many bargain hunters raved over the massive discount on the karaoke gadget. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia.

You read that right, folks! The machine, which usually retails for $100, has been marked down by 80 per cent!

The lucky shopper wrote: ‘Scored this today at Kmart. $5. The young girl said they were $100 this morning. Thanks Kmart.’

Several users have noted that the item frequently goes on sale, making it effortless for shoppers to purchase them at discounted prices. All they have to do is keep an eye out for these deals.

One user wrote: ‘They had these for $2 after Xmas [in] Blacktown.’

‘In my local Kmart, it was marked down to only $59,’ another shared.

A third chimed in: ‘I got one for $59 last night. My 9-year-old is going to love it. Thanks for posting. There were three left at my local Kmart.’

‘Aspley had them marked down to $10 like two months ago. This is probably the last ones there clearing for $5,’ another added.

And another claimed: ‘Wow, amazing score! I bought one not long ago for $50.’

pexels-photo-144429.jpeg

There’s no denying that Australians love singing karaoke. Credit: Pexels/Suvan Chowdhury.

The post also captured the attention of many karaoke-enjoyers looking to score the machines, asking the original poster to share a photo of their receipt so they can try to price match at their local stores.

And while there’s nothing wrong with applying for price matching programs, one user called out those looking to get discounts on the machine.

One comment read: ‘Why do people insist on being able to price match with the receipt? These would be, in most cases, a "manager's special", display stock, returned, or one-off.’

‘This DOES NOT meet the criteria for a price match, and there is no obligation to do so.’

However, others argued that there’s no harm in trying.

Nevertheless, others saw the humour in having these portable karaoke machines.

One person joked: ‘Poor neighbours.’

Key Takeaways
  • Singing is an important part of Australian culture.
  • Kmart's Portable Karaoke Machine is a popular gadget among savvy shoppers.
  • It is rumoured that the item is often heavily discounted from its original price of $100.
  • Some are trying to price match the item at discounted prices, while others are making jokes about the potential noise from the machines.

So, karaoke lovers, if you want to experience the party exoerience of singing at home, it may be a good idea to keep an eye out for any potential discounts or sales at Kmart.

Have you ever scored a great deal like this? Better yet, what are your go-to karaoke jams? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
If I'm going to be doing any singing I first have to make sure all outside doors and windows are closed and preferably the curtains are closed too. Otherwise the neighbours might hear and be worried that I was strangling the cat and I don't even have one! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: