Looking for a budget-friendly and space-saving Christmas tree? Look no further than Kmart!

As the holiday season rapidly approaches (seriously, where did the year go?), it's time to start thinking about Christmas decorations.

One of the most important – and iconic – festive decorations is, of course, the Christmas tree.

But if you're tight on space, or simply don't want to deal with the hassle of putting up and taking down a tree every year, then this Kmart hack is definitely for you!

All you need are two corner ladder bookshelves from your local Kmart store, some green tinsel, holiday ornaments, and a tree topper. That's it!

Once you've gathered your supplies, simply put the bookshelves together and line the legs from top to bottom with green tinsel. Finish it off with a large wooden Christmas tree topper and an array of ornaments on the shelves, such as a Ferris wheel and merry-go-round.
Tip
This particular corner shelf item does not appear to be available online at Kmart, but there is a similar oak-style corner bookshelf available at $29 apiece.

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.41.41 PM.png
One clever shopper at Kmart has revealed the best way to save money on a Christmas tree. Credit: Facebook.

Voila! You now have your own beautiful and unique DIY Christmas tree that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Plus, it's super easy to take down after Christmas, too, so you can save some much-needed storage space in your home.

Peggy, a crafty mum and an avid DIYer, posted the brilliant idea to a popular Facebook group, where it quickly received thousands of likes and hundreds of comments from fellow homeowners who are looking to save this holiday season.

'This has to be the best hack I've seen on this page! I'm in love!' one shopper wrote, adding: 'And I bet, after this, corner shelves will be sold out, haha. This looks absolutely gorgeous!'

'My partner is gonna hate that I saw this. Saving for future inspiration. I love it,' said another.

Instead of having to store a Christmas tree year-round, some people pointed out that this was a fantastic space-saving idea, with one person saying: 'This is the kind of thing I want to do in the future instead of a Christmas tree! I'd have photos and normal decor through the year, then swap it out in December.'

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.41.35 PM.png
Once put together, the DIY Christmas tree looks like this. Credit: Facebook.

So what are you waiting for, members? If you're looking for a unique and cost-effective way to spruce up your Christmas decorations this year, then head on down to your local Kmart store and give this amazing hack a try!

Guess we’ll see you there, then? Happy shopping!

Sponsored
Don't get to excited suggest bookshelf is not available on line and on clearance in store that means it will be no longer available!
But there always seem to be tons of little corner units etc for sale on marketplace & cane ones will work well too. I WAS contemplating buying a tree this year .... having finally donated the 20 year old one to Vinnies a few months ago because the 6' tree takes over my lounge room BUT I do have a lovely little cane whatnot or a small bookcase tower that I can repurpose!! Great idea!

Reactions: Ricci