Look fabulous for less: $30 Kmart item taking fashion world by storm

Looking for the perfect blend of style, comfort, and affordability in the world of fashion can often feel like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Yet, once in a while, a hidden find emerges that ticks all the boxes, making the quest worthwhile.

These closet marvels elevate your wardrobe and provide the satisfaction of discovering something truly special.

The Kmart’s Long Sleeve V-Neck Ribbed Maxi Dress ($30) caused quite a stir because it resembled a high-end designer piece.

With its sleek silhouette and cosy knit fabric, this dress has been praised for its versatility and flattering fit, making it a must-have in any fashion-forward senior's wardrobe.

unnamed.png
Shoppers are raving about Kmart's Long Sleeve V-Neck Ribbed Maxi Dress. Credit: Kmart Australia

‘Ladies, you need to run to Kmart because they've got this beautiful knit dress... I am so impressed by the quality of this dress,’ one thrilled customer said.

‘The material is extremely soft and comfy but isn't see-through, and it's such a flattering cut.’

The dress's popularity soared as shoppers compared it to the much pricier Reign dress by Dissh, which retails for a whopping $159.99.

While the Dissh version boasts an adjustable waist tie at the back, lettuce hem cuffs, and a heavier weight, the Kmart iteration holds its own with a similar aesthetic at a fraction of the cost.

The Kmart dress is available in three sophisticated shades—black, bone beige, and grape—and offers a palette to suit any taste and occasion.

The buzz around this dress isn't just hearsay; it's been backed by a tidal wave of social media attention, with one video showcasing the dress garnering over 200,000 views.

‘[Oh my God] looks like the Dissh dress,’ one said.

‘I have this in black, and it is so comfy too! And surprisingly warm,’ another commented.

‘Quality isn't anywhere near Dissh, but definitely good for Kmart,’ a third claimed.

‘It's insane how it looks exactly like the dress Witchery did for $150 something? My work also did a limited edition dress like this in a dark fern for $120,' a person wrote.

Shoppers on other social media, including Jane, a fashion enthusiast known for her styling tips, further showcased the dress's versatility.

She demonstrated three ways to wear the dress: casually with a denim jacket and white sneakers, dressed up with a black blazer and heeled boots, and comfortably chic with a trench coat and loafers.

‘Being 24 weeks pregnant, I am living in knit dresses, especially this time of year,’ she wrote.

‘This is such a versatile one which can we worn for everyday, for workwear and so much more!’

Credit: @itstorijane / TikTok

If long sleeves aren't to your liking, Kmart offers an alternative: a sleeveless dress that provides style without breaking the bank.

This dress has become a sensation due to its flattering fit and versatility, making it perfect for summer. You can check out the dress here.
Key Takeaways

• Shoppers were eager to purchase Kmart’s Long Sleeve V-neck Ribbed Maxi Dress ($30) because of its stylish design and resemblance to a pricier $160 version.
  • The dress is praised for its versatility, comfort, and flattering cut.
  • Customers and social media users compared the affordable Kmart dress to Dissh's Reign dress at $159.99, noting a few differences.
  • A shopper showcased the dress's adaptability by sharing different styles, proving it's suitable for casual wear.
Have you found any budget-friendly fashion finds that rival designer labels? Where did you buy them? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catss84 and Maiyon
Sponsored
Everyone? I do wish your writers wouldn't include me in their articles ...
That's just like saying "There's a block and a half in everyone", except, in that instance, the Cadbury's
copy was written by somebody who couldn't tell the difference between "everyone" and "every one". But, with today's education leaning more and more towards the Internet Correspondence School way of writing, that's par for the course.

Last edited:
Everyone? I do wish your writers wouldn't include me in their articles ...
That's just like saying "There's a block and a half in everyone", except, in that instance, the Cadbury's
copy was written by somebody who couldn't tell the difference between "everyone" and "every one". But, with today's education leaning more and more towards the Internet Correspondence School way of writing, that's par for the course.
Well said. Exactly what I was thinking when I read “everyone”. I wish the writers, if that’s what you could call them, would stop putting everyone in the same category.

Reactions: Littleboy8 and Zemo
I would look good in those dresses. Maybe a bit shorter?

But then again, a hessian bag would make me look good.

That I would like to see…do not underestimate yourself….my husband went to a fancy dress in a bikini, spray tan, makeup blond wig, high heels, people were just so surprised how awesome he looked!!

I agree what makes you think these dresses are for seniors
I think that the SDC writers think we are senile and would wear or believe everything that they write. Also, the wording on some of the articles is like they are talking to little kids or senile oldies.

Reactions: Littleboy8