Look: Aussie Shopper mortified after ‘embarrassing’ fail at Kmart

Have you ever experienced the embarrassment of realising you've made a simple yet unwitting error while shopping? Perhaps you've grabbed an item you thought was exactly what you needed, only to later discover it was something entirely different upon arriving home. Such mishaps, while innocent, can occasionally be cringe-worthy.

Such was the case for a shopper who felt elated when she stumbled across what seemed to be a ‘cute dress’ while shopping at the retail giant, Kmart.

A sheepish shopper took to social media to share her tale of a shopping trip gone wrong.

Taking to a popular Facebook group for Kmart lovers, a shopper, who shared a picture of what she thought was a ‘cute dress’, revealed that she was surprised when she discovered that the $20 clothing item wasn’t a summer dress at all.

kmart1.jpg
The ‘dress’ she was talking about. Credit: Facebook

In the photo, the shopper was seen modelling the item she just bought. The brown and white gingham dress had spaghetti straps tied above the woman’s shoulder and a fitted elastic section around the bust.

‘Found this in a random aisle thinking it was a cute dress, took it home and realised it’s a maternity top. Super comfy and breathable material,’ she wrote in the caption.

The shopper said she found the ‘dress’ as it was being discarded by another customer in a different part of the store away from the maternity section, and picked it up for herself.

The group members found the blunder endearing and many told her to ‘ignore the label’ since it looked great on her anyway.

Someone even said her mistake could be ‘hinting at little footsteps’ in the future, and compared it to catching the bride’s bouquet at a wedding.

kmart2.jpg
The Maternity Sleeveless Shirred Bodice Top is available in Kmart’s online store. Credit: Kmart

‘I’m laughing but it looks good on you, it definitely doesn’t matter what the label says,’ said one.

Another shared: ‘I wouldn’t have known it was a maternity dress if you hadn’t said. You looked perfect and quite comfy in it.’

While another stated they had the same dress and didn’t realise it was for pregnant women.

Some people shared their own mix-ups while shopping.

‘I’ve done this previously…just don’t get offended when people ask when you’re due,’ one quipped.

While one person shared that about 20 years ago, the same thing happened to them when they fell in love with a ‘gorgeous’ white linen summer top. ‘Wore it to work and a pregnant colleague was wearing the same thing and said “must be something in the water there” lol,’ they explained.

Maternity fashion has come a long way since the days of baggy, unflattering clothing. Today, pregnant women can choose from a wide variety of stylish options. Whether it’s a bodycon dress for a night out or a classic sundress for beach days, there’s something for everyone.

It’s now easier than ever for expectant mums to make fashion choices that fit their figure and style. With innovative designs and materials, there’s sure to be something to suit everyone’s individual preferences. It’s no wonder the shopper had mistaken the maternity dress she bought for a summer frock!

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper was surprised to discover that what she thought was a ‘cute dress’ was actually a maternity top for pregnant women.
  • Other Kmart shoppers found the story endearing and shared their own similar experiences.
  • Some people told the shopper to ‘ignore the label’, and reassured her how great she looked in the clothing item regardless of its intended purpose.
Have you ever had an embarrassing shopping fail? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
I have got maternity cloths and I jut put buttons on one it was a jumper and I get so many people asking where I got it from as someone said if it looks good and you like it where it you dont wear the tag on the outside you most times cut it off

Have you ever experienced the embarrassment of realising you've made a simple yet unwitting error while shopping? Perhaps you've grabbed an item you thought was exactly what you needed, only to later discover it was something entirely different upon arriving home. Such mishaps, while innocent, can occasionally be cringe-worthy.

Such was the case for a shopper who felt elated when she stumbled across what seemed to be a ‘cute dress’ while shopping at the retail giant, Kmart.

A sheepish shopper took to social media to share her tale of a shopping trip gone wrong.

Taking to a popular Facebook group for Kmart lovers, a shopper, who shared a picture of what she thought was a ‘cute dress’, revealed that she was surprised when she discovered that the $20 clothing item wasn’t a summer dress at all.

View attachment 11383

In the photo, the shopper was seen modelling the item she just bought. The brown and white gingham dress had spaghetti straps tied above the woman’s shoulder and a fitted elastic section around the bust.

‘Found this in a random aisle thinking it was a cute dress, took it home and realised it’s a maternity top. Super comfy and breathable material,’ she wrote in the caption.

The shopper said she found the ‘dress’ as it was being discarded by another customer in a different part of the store away from the maternity section, and picked it up for herself.

The group members found the blunder endearing and many told her to ‘ignore the label’ since it looked great on her anyway.

Someone even said her mistake could be ‘hinting at little footsteps’ in the future, and compared it to catching the bride’s bouquet at a wedding.

View attachment 11384
The Maternity Sleeveless Shirred Bodice Top is available in Kmart’s online store. Credit: Kmart

‘I’m laughing but it looks good on you, it definitely doesn’t matter what the label says,’ said one.

Another shared: ‘I wouldn’t have known it was a maternity dress if you hadn’t said. You looked perfect and quite comfy in it.’

While another stated they had the same dress and didn’t realise it was for pregnant women.

‘I’ve done this previously…just don’t get offended when people ask when you’re due,’ one quipped.

While one person shared that about 20 years ago, the same thing happened to them when they fell in love with a ‘gorgeous’ white linen summer top. ‘Wore it to work and a pregnant colleague was wearing the same thing and said “must be something in the water there” lol,’ they explained.

Maternity fashion has come a long way since the days of baggy, unflattering clothing. Today, pregnant women can choose from a wide variety of stylish options. Whether it’s a bodycon dress for a night out or a classic sundress for beach days, there’s something for everyone.

It’s now easier than ever for expectant mums to make fashion choices that fit their figure and style. With innovative designs and materials, there’s sure to be something to suit everyone’s individual preferences. It’s no wonder the shopper had mistaken the maternity dress she bought for a summer frock!

Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper was surprised to discover that what she thought was a ‘cute dress’ was actually a maternity top for pregnant women.
  • Other Kmart shoppers found the story endearing and shared their own similar experiences.
  • Some people told the shopper to ‘ignore the label’, and reassured her how great she looked in the clothing item regardless of its intended purpose.
Must be more important things to worry about than that, surely!

Many many years ago I purchased a blouse from a Vinnies store and I thought it would be nice to wear to work I worked part time inaTAB outlet on one particular Wednesday two ladies from the local bank came in I served one lady and her friend
said what branch of the Bank do you work at because we. changed to new blouses 3 months ago you better get onto your Manager about getting new blouses

Reactions: Ricci
Looks great in both poses. Who cares what the label says? At least as a maternity top, it looks good instead of the skintight dresses a lot of pregnant women wear that make them look like an over-stuffed sausage . I spent several months in china several years ago & all the pregnant women I saw wore discreet outfits the same as I wore with my first child 62 years ago, so refreshing!

I bought a maternity skirt at Big W, I am 74, it has a shirred bit that I presume goes over a pregnant tummy but it fits well from the waist to just below my aged tummy and then flairs out. I will wear it with a top that covers my tummy when i go hiking. It will be soft, cool and comfortable and my tummy does not show. So just wear the dress and enjoy it.

It’s a top not a dress and she can wear it with jeans or shorts!! Nobody will know.
Anyway, these kind of tops and dresses are very much in fashion at the moment, for young ones.

View attachment 11383

View attachment 11384

Key Takeaways

ibought something i thought was day clothes and found out it was being sold as night clothes i still wore it for day clothes