Look at the $100 surprise one Coles shopper found on their receipt

As the cost of living in Australia continues to be a struggle for many, it’s always good news when you can find unexpected savings.

One Coles shopper was stunned when they noticed something they weren’t expecting on their receipt after grocery shopping–a $100 discount!

The anonymous shopper posted the receipt on social media and asked if anyone knew what was going on.

photo (2).jpg
A Coles shopper was surprised to see what was on their receipt after grocery shopping. Image source: Facebook.

‘(I) did a shop at Coles this morning and noticed it only charged my card $24 and not $124. Looked at the receipt and noticed a $100 discount for Flybuys offer. Anyone know what this is for?’ They said.

‘I haven’t activated anything, I receive all my offers as points rather than money off of a shop, so it seems very random.’

Other Coles shoppers quickly chipped into the conversation, with a few reporting that they had experienced the same thing.

One Coles shopper said: 'I got the same on my Coles online order.'

'Couldn’t work out why they only took $72 and then found on my receipt “Loyalty Discount”,' they added. 'This wasn’t a promotion or an offer, just automatically deducted $100 as a discount bonus.'

Another person speculated: ‘Happened to a ton of people. I think it's a glitch. None of them were owed money for their last four weeks of spending.’

‘It used the automatic money instead of points. Something went wrong when activating the offer,’ one shopper said.

The scenario also comes just weeks after Coles customers were urged to check their emails for a surprise $100 Coles gift voucher, which was sent out to selected Coles shoppers and Flybuys members. You can read more about this here.

Understanding How the Coles Flybuys Program Works

Coles Flybuys program is one of Australia's most popular loyalty programs. Launched in 1994, it's a scheme where shoppers accrue points for each dollar spent, which can then be redeemed for various fantastic offers.

Each time you pick up groceries, fuel, homewares or even when you book a holiday through partnered companies, you can earn Flybuys points.

Every 2,000 points you amass equates to $10 off your shopping. You can choose to have this deduction automatically applied when you reach the threshold, or you can build up your points for a bigger discount.

Another popular feature of the Flybuys program is its personalised offers. Members frequently receive bonus point offers on products they regularly purchase

The Coles Flybuys program continues to be an excellent way to make your dollar work harder for you.

Key Takeaways

• An Australian consumer found a $100 deduction from their Coles receipt, which they hadn’t anticipated or activated.
  • The receipt showed the generous discount as a Flybuys offer, however, the shopper states they hadn’t activated any sort of discount.
  • The anonymous post on social media prompted others to share similar experiences of unexpected discounts.
  • The scenario follows recent news of Coles sending a $100 gift voucher to selected Coles shoppers and Flybuys members.
Members, did you also receive a $100 surprise from Coles? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
As the cost of living in Australia continues to be a struggle for many, it’s always good news when you can find unexpected savings.

One Coles shopper was stunned when they noticed something they weren’t expecting on their receipt after grocery shopping–a $100 discount!

The anonymous shopper posted the receipt on social media and asked if anyone knew what was going on.

View attachment 27968
A Coles shopper was surprised to see what was on their receipt after grocery shopping. Image source: Facebook.

‘(I) did a shop at Coles this morning and noticed it only charged my card $24 and not $124. Looked at the receipt and noticed a $100 discount for Flybuys offer. Anyone know what this is for?’ They said.

‘I haven’t activated anything, I receive all my offers as points rather than money off of a shop, so it seems very random.’

Other Coles shoppers quickly chipped into the conversation, with a few reporting that they had experienced the same thing.

One Coles shopper said: 'I got the same on my Coles online order.'

'Couldn’t work out why they only took $72 and then found on my receipt “Loyalty Discount”,' they added. 'This wasn’t a promotion or an offer, just automatically deducted $100 as a discount bonus.'

Another person speculated: ‘Happened to a ton of people. I think it's a glitch. None of them were owed money for their last four weeks of spending.’

‘It used the automatic money instead of points. Something went wrong when activating the offer,’ one shopper said.

The scenario also comes just weeks after Coles customers were urged to check their emails for a surprise $100 Coles gift voucher, which was sent out to selected Coles shoppers and Flybuys members. You can read more about this here.

Understanding How the Coles Flybuys Program Works

Coles Flybuys program is one of Australia's most popular loyalty programs. Launched in 1994, it's a scheme where shoppers accrue points for each dollar spent, which can then be redeemed for various fantastic offers.

Each time you pick up groceries, fuel, homewares or even when you book a holiday through partnered companies, you can earn Flybuys points.

Every 2,000 points you amass equates to $10 off your shopping. You can choose to have this deduction automatically applied when you reach the threshold, or you can build up your points for a bigger discount.

Another popular feature of the Flybuys program is its personalised offers. Members frequently receive bonus point offers on products they regularly purchase

The Coles Flybuys program continues to be an excellent way to make your dollar work harder for you.

Key Takeaways

• An Australian consumer found a $100 deduction from their Coles receipt, which they hadn’t anticipated or activated.
    • The receipt showed the generous discount as a Flybuys offer, however, the shopper states they hadn’t activated any sort of discount.
    • The anonymous post on social media prompted others to share similar experiences of unexpected discounts.
    • The scenario follows recent news of Coles sending a $100 gift voucher to selected Coles shoppers and Flybuys members.
Members, did you also receive a $100 surprise from Coles? Let us know in the comments below!

I activated the last Flybuys offer and received $50 off my next shop. This was for spending $120 in one shop each week for 4 weeks. I have now activated the current Flybuys offer for $170 in one shop each week for 4 weeks and expect to get $100 dollars off a future shop. However I didn't just receive $100 unexpectedly.