Lime green jello salad yum this will get you going

grandma’s lime green jello salad recipe (with cottage cheese & pineapple)

• Total Time: 4 hours and 15 minutes

• Yield: 8 servings 1x

Grandma’s Lime Green Jello Salad Recipe (with Cottage Cheese & Pineapple) is a retro lime jello salad that my husband’s grandma made for many holiday meals.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained with juice reserved)

• 1 cup water (more or less depending on what’s needed, see instructions below)

• 2 packages lime jello

• 1 cup mayo

• 1 cup evaporated milk (canned)

• 1 cup small curd cottage cheese

• 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)

INSTRUCTIONS

• In a large multi-cup measuring cup (I use my 4 cup Pyrex), add all of the reserved pineapple juice and then add enough water to the juice to make a total of 2 cups. Pour into pot and bring just to a boil.

• Add the lime Jell-o mixes to the boiling pineapple juice/water and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, allow to cool just slightly.

• In a mixing bowl, stir together the mayo and evaporated milk. Combine until very smooth. Slowly stir in the Jell-o mixture until all is incorporated with the mayo/milk mixture. Stir in the crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and walnuts.

• Pour mixture into an 8×8″ glass casserole pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (preferred).

NOTES

–To avoid waste, I often add all of the drained crushed pineapple from the can into this recipe, even if it’s more than a cup, and if I don’t need the leftovers for anything else.

–For serving, this Lime Jello Salad can be cut into squares or spooned from the dish.

–This recipe can be made 1-3 days in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Everyone to their own….
I would not make this as I absolutely detest anything Lime 🍋🟩.
It reminds me of Palmolive Dishwashing Liquid, and yes I certainly did try that on numerous occasions in my younger days…mum’s secret weapon!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybird
Cottage cheese, green jelly, evaporated milk and mayo - hate to say it I will not be making this "salad" any time soon.
Most good for bone jelly is good for overall system. Evaporated milk is better than ordinary milk
Again personal choice
Everyone to their own….
I would not make this as I absolutely detest anything Lime 🍋🟩.
It reminds me of Palmolive Dishwashing Liquid, and yes I certainly did try that on numerous occasions in my younger days…mum’s secret weapon!!!
Perhaps instead of complaining about the recipes that Babybird contributes, contribute one of your own!!

Enough negativity in the world at present!!
Thank you

You and Susan Rose take the cake am giving you variety from all over the world. If you don't like it move on. Let someone else enjoy who doesn't criticise. Move on
I have told you before to put the recipe up in Australian terms, it's not that hard to change ingredients and measurements.
Maybe at times Add your own photos of food you have actually cooked. This is what people want.

It's very easy to post recipes . I only post recipes I have made and people loved. I have made plenty that I haven't liked and these I would never post

It's good to listen to a bit of criticism.

I love recipes that both bullwinkle and Penny post and I know that they have actually made these