Thanks Liz, what gear are you using...?
Cheers,
Ron.
Just a samsung phone Ron, nothing spectacular. It takes reasonable pictures of people but I would love to take close up of flowers etc. Maybe I should go back to my old canon digital camera, what do you think?

Most definitely...I also have a Samsung (S9) but only ever use its camera in an emergency to capture something I want to remember, etc.
I know others think differently, but my opinion is, a phone will never be a camera and a camera will never be a phone..:ROFLMAO:
I've been doing photography for at least 50 years now and as much as I try, I cannot get the same quality from my phone as I can from a good camera. They look OK on the phone screen but when I put them on my monitor and blow them up, they tend to pixelate very badly...your phone lens is about, on average, 2mm diameter and the sensor is approx, 5-7mm wide...there is no way this can compete with a top camera.
I have a few different cameras but my go-to one for macros and close-ups is my Nikon D500 with my Sigma 150mm macro lens. The D500 has an APS-C sensor which helps with the magnification. It's classed as a pro camera. My other good camera is also a Nikon, a D7200. Both award winners in their day. You can't buy the Sigma 150mm macro lens any more, the replacement is a 180mm version. My 150mm was valued at over $2,000 when new but I was lucky, I won it in a National competition run by the Sigma corporation to commemorate the passing of the company's founder. Got to be lucky sometimes..
Yep, I recommend getting the Canon out and having some fun with it...looking forward to seeing some pics.

DSC_0382.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Most definitely...I also have a Samsung (S9) but only ever use its camera in an emergency to capture something I want to remember, etc.
I know others think differently, but my opinion is, a phone will never be a camera and a camera will never be a phone..:ROFLMAO:
I've been doing photography for at least 50 years now and as much as I try, I cannot get the same quality from my phone as I can from a good camera. They look OK on the phone screen but when I put them on my monitor and blow them up, they tend to pixelate very badly...your phone lens is about, on average, 2mm diameter and the sensor is approx, 5-7mm wide...there is no way this can compete with a top camera.
I have a few different cameras but my go-to one for macros and close-ups is my Nikon D500 with my Sigma 150mm macro lens. The D500 has an APS-C sensor which helps with the magnification. It's classed as a pro camera. My other good camera is also a Nikon, a D7200. Both award winners in their day. You can't buy the Sigma 150mm macro lens any more, the replacement is a 180mm version. My 150mm was valued at over $2,000 when new but I was lucky, I won it in a National competition run by the Sigma corporation to commemorate the passing of the company's founder. Got to be lucky sometimes..
Yep, I recommend getting the Canon out and having some fun with it...looking forward to seeing some pics.

View attachment 906

View attachment 907
Wow that is some set up, I used to have an old Nikon SlR but my brother took it, don't think you can get film for it these days. My Canon is only a baby IXUS185. My phone is a samsung S9 as well. I don't think it will do what your set up does with those lenses. I will appreciate all your photos, I think, I may try the IXUS and see what it can do but certainly not up to your standard.

What ever gear you use (phone, camera, etc) have fun, that's what it's all about Liz. You can still buy 35mm film, not sure what your camera uses..:)

What ever gear you use (phone, camera, etc) have fun, that's what it's all about Liz. You can still buy 35mm film, not sure what your camera uses..:)
The old SLR used 35mm film but cannot find any around here at the Camera stores. But will have fun and get my digital IXUS out and give it a go. Thank you for your encouragement.

Funny they don't have 35mm film, last time I saw it was in Big W or Target..maybe you have to buy it online these days.??
Just did a search, every online camera shop I checked still has 35mm film..not to worry, digital is the way to go these days unless you are a real film buff...

Screenshot_32.jpg

Funny they don't have 35mm film, last time I saw it was in Big W or Target..maybe you have to buy it online these days.??
Just did a search, every online camera shop I checked still has 35mm film..not to worry, digital is the way to go these days unless you are a real film buff...

View attachment 908
I will try digital when I stop shaking from asthma meds, not a good look in photos:( I really appreciate all your help.

A bugger, Loraine has asthma as well...take care...
Thank you so much, I am confined to my home because my GP is concerned I could catch something worse, pity I cannot stop shaking so I could try the Canon, but I will get there and try.

If it helps, make sure the vibration reduction is switched on...not sure if it's a switch on your lens or if Canon have it in the camera body. Nikon call it VR and Sigma call it OS. Canon call it IS, image stabilisation...

Reactions: Liz
If it helps, make sure the vibration reduction is switched on...not sure if it's a switch on your lens or if Canon have it in the camera body. Nikon call it VR and Sigma call it OS. Canon call it IS, image stabilisation...
Thanks SX2002