Lemon Loaf

IMG20240630163845.jpg IMG20240630164221.jpg

Recipe from SBS Food's The Cook Up

1 cup caster sugar (220gr)
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
125gr butter, softened
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups plain flour (225gr)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk (125ml)

Place the sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and stir to combine well to infuse. Add the softened butter, combine well, then stand at room temperature for 1 hour.

Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160 degrees or 180 degrees conventional.
Lightly grease a medium sized loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.

Add the oil to the butter and sugar mixture and whisk together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon juice until just combined.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined. Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 40–50 minutes or until a skewer withdraws clean.
Remove from the oven, stand in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

ICING:- When cool, sieve 1/3 cup (40gr) icing sugar mixture into a bowl. Gradually add/mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice until the right consistency.

* Depending on the lemon size, I used 2 lemons for this recipe.
* Also, you need to check the baking time with a skewer, as mine needed more baking time ie. this depends on individual ovens.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Likewise! 🍋🍋🍋🍋
Well by benches are now in and hubby is now ripping out my kitchen.

Hopefully Matt the installer is available either end of the week or early next week.

Now I remember why I didn't like living in the house while Reno's were being done

Look it's a man on a mission

Screenshot_20240702_152207_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240702_152202_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240702_152212_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240702_152212_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240702_152219_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240702_152223_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Well by benches are now in and hubby is now ripping out my kitchen.

Hopefully Matt the installer is available either end of the week or early next week.

Now I remember why I didn't like living in the house while Reno's were being done
Yay! That's progress. Nobody likes a reno except the people doing work on it.

Looking good. Are those fridges the main ones? They don't look big enough, but the photo may be deceptive.
They are all fridge and hold heaps. I wanted all fridge but only found long skinny ones.
Then hubby came up with this idea. The white under the fridges is all storage.

I also have a large fridge freezer in my laundry, also one in my garage as well as a large freezer in my garage

20240702_154654.jpg20240702_154708.jpg20240702_154705.jpg20240702_154700.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Penny4
They are all fridge and hold heaps. I wanted all fridge but only found long skinny ones.
Then hubby came up with this idea. The white under the fridges is all storage.

I also have a large fridge freezer in my laundry, also one in my garage as well as a large freezer in my garage
Sounds perfect! Great at arm's length instead of bending down.