Lemon and Chilli Chicken

I have added this recipe before but it's soooo good I'm adding it again for the members that missed it last time .

I made this simple chicken last night along with potatoes ( which I've added recipe below) and steamed vegies
Serves 4
Screenshot_20231128_061437_Gallery.jpg

Ingredients

1 large chicken ( see hints)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoon of chilli flakes ( more if you like it hot)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves minced

Method

. using kitchen scissors cut along back bone of the chicken . Lay it resonably flat in a baking dish. ( some remove back bone I dint )

2. Mix all other ingredientsin a bowl . Add pour over chicken .

3. If you can leave overnight or at least 3 hours in fridge. I didn't last night as I decided to make this last minute

4. Preheat oven 200°C 180 fan-forced.
cook chicken for 1 1/2 hour. Basting twice.

5. cut into pieces and serve with juices from pan .

Oregano and paprika pototoes

Screenshot_20231128_062912_Gallery.jpg

Ingredients

4 medium to large potatoes
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic streak seasoning
Drizzle olive oil
1 cup water

 Method

1. Peel n cut potatoes into small chunks.

2. Add to baking dish, sprinkle oregano, paprika and steak seasoning. Add crushed garlic to pan and 1/2 cup of water . Gently turn potatoes.

3. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and cover with foil. Place in oven I usually add to oven when chicken has 45 minutes left.

4. After 30 minutes remove from oven and remove foil. Add the other 1/2 cup of water and put back into oven for 15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly brown.

Serve with Chicken and steamed vegetables of choice or a Garden Salad .

HINTS

I use a large chicken and use the left over chicken ( if there is any ) for bread rolls or with a salad . Or anything from the list below .

Chicken wraps

Chicken salad

Chicken noodle bowl

Curry chicken

The list goes on.

Last edited:
Sponsored
I have added this recipe before but it's soooo good I'm adding it again for the members that missed it last time .

I made this simple chicken last night along with potatoes ( which I've added recipe below) and steamed vegies
Serves 4
View attachment 35906

Ingredients

1 large chicken ( see hints)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoon of chilli flakes ( more if you like it hot)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves minced

Method

. using kitchen scissors cut along back bone of the chicken . Lay it resonably flat in a baking dish. ( some remove back bone I dint )

2. Mix all other ingredientsin a bowl . Add pour over chicken .

3. If you can leave overnight or at least 3 hours in fridge. I didn't last night as I decided to make this last minute

4. Preheat oven 200°C 180 fan-forced.
cook chicken for 1 1/2 hour. Basting twice.

5. cut into pieces and serve with juices from pan .

Oregano and paprika pototoes

View attachment 35908

Ingredients

4 medium to large potatoes
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic streak seasoning
Drizzle olive oil
1 cup water

 Method

1. Peel n cut potatoes into small chunks.

2. Add to baking dish, sprinkle oregano, paprika and steak seasoning. Add crushed garlic to pan and 1/2 cup of water . Gently turn potatoes.

3. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and cover with foil. Place in oven I usually add to oven when chicken has 45 minutes left.

4. After 30 minutes remove from oven and remove foil. Add the other 1/2 cup of water and put back into oven for 15 minutes or until potatoes are lightly brown.

Serve with Chicken and steamed vegetables of choice or a Garden Salad .

View attachment 35907

HINTS

I use a large chicken and use the left over chicken ( if there is any ) for bread rolls or with a salad . Or anything from the list below .

Chicken wraps

Chicken salad

Chicken noodle bowl

Curry chicken

The list goes on.
Nice to get some last minute new ideas, ta S/R you've come through again.