Legendary rock star faces tragic loss: Bruce Springsteen’s mother, Adele, passes away at 98

Adele Springsteen, the mother of legendary musician Bruce Springsteen, has passed away at the age of 98.

The news was shared by the 'Born in the USA' singer, who took to social media to pay a heartfelt tribute to his beloved mother.

In a poignant post, the 74-year-old rock icon shared a touching video of him dancing with his mother to the rhythm of swing music, a testament to the bond they shared.

The caption read, 'Adele Springsteen—May 4, 1925-January 31, 2024.'

GFR8N3PWIAAZ09d.jpeg
Bruce Springsteen’s mother, Adele, passed away at 98. Credit: @SpringNuts_ / X (formerly Twitter)

The tribute continued with a nostalgic recollection of his mother's morning routine, painting a vivid picture of a hardworking woman who took pride in her appearance and her work.

He wrote, 'I remember in the morning mum hearing your alarm clock ring. I’d lie in bed and listen to you getting ready for work, the sound of your makeup case on the sink.'

'And the ladies at the office all lipstick, perfume and rustling skirts, how proud and happy you always looked walking home from work,’ he added.

The tribute concluded with a reference to his song 'The Wish', a touching homage to his mother.

'It ain’t no house on the hill with a garden and a nice little yard. I’ve got my hot rod down on Bond Street I’m older, but you’ll know me in a glance.’

‘We’ll find us a little rock ‘n roll bar, and we’ll go out and dance.'

The news of Adele's passing was met with an outpouring of condolences from fans worldwide.

Many shared their sympathy and fond memories of seeing Bruce and Adele dancing together during concerts.

One fan wrote, 'Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. You dancing on stage with your mom in London back in 2013 was a moment of pure joy. She was proud of you, you were proud of her, and we ALL revelled in the love and affection.'

‘Our condolences, Bruce and whole family. Sad news. We will remember the great moments seeing Bruce dancing with Adele at the concerts. And the incredible shows on Broadway. Our heart and our better wishes of strong,’ another fan said.

A third added, ‘You are a good son. I’m sorry for your loss. Her life sounded like a joyous one. May she rest in peace.’

Bruce's father, Douglas, passed away in 1998 at the age of 73.

You may watch this heartwarming video posted by Bruce below:

With Adele's passing, it marks the end of an era for the Springsteen family. However, her legacy lives on through her son's music, which continues to touch the hearts of millions around the world.
Key Takeaways
  • Bruce Springsteen’s mother, Adele Springsteen, has passed away at the age of 98.
  • The iconic 'Dancing in the Dark' singer, aged 74, shared a touching tribute to his mother on Instagram, including a clip of them dancing together.
  • Fans and followers responded with heartfelt condolences, reminiscing about Adele's appearances at concerts and the joy she brought.
  • Bruce Springsteen's father, Douglas, predeceased Adele, having passed away in 1998 at the age of 73.
Our deepest condolences go out to Bruce Springsteen and his family during this difficult time. May Adele Springsteen rest in peace.

Sponsored
Such iconic moments when she danced with her son on stage what a beautiful relationship they had. My heart goes out to Bruce and the family. RIP Adele but keep rocking it with the angels ♥️

Haha you reckon…that’s why he’s somebody and you’re a nobody enjoy your anonymity 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Really! So being "famous" is the epitome of human existence. His music is nothing but turgid American patriotic crud. I would get more pleasure listening to wind! "Born In The USA" - The United States of ARROGANCE where everything's big in Texas and the cow pussies wear ten gallon hats on their half pint heads!

"In God We Trust". Which god is it today? Smith and Wesson or uranium 235? The land of 330 million morons of which Goose Stringbean is all but one.

Really! So being "famous" is the epitome of human existence. His music is nothing but turgid American patriotic crud. I would get more pleasure listening to wind! "Born In The USA" - The United States of ARROGANCE where everything's big in Texas and the cow pussies wear ten gallon hats on their half pint heads!

"In God We Trust". Which god is it today? Smith and Wesson or uranium 235? The land of 330 million morons of which Goose Stringbean is all but one.
Then go listen to the wind who cares? Goodness what joy you must be to live with you’re nothing but a whinger

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch