Kochie celebrates two decades at Sunrise, but the internet is 'spooked' by this one detail

David Koch, or 'Kochie' as he's better known to most of us, is celebrating 20 years with the popular morning show, Sunrise.

And while we here at the SDC would like to congratulate Kochie on his impressive career milestone, we can't help but notice that there's something very... strange about him.

RVFDDPjAd_gS7Y94LNUUxUVOyZgW3hGt6PIvYdc2V0Y1hv1aA0sKWmYoNjkW19GLX4K4RMQ9YOwt9aKTIcp9VRU6fabiqCNI2kuCk_5KRQ3d_5qmHnNYgDS-WEmGOGxf5DLY25dWzLt5s3sMs0AqqNzlf6-qaRW8e7R8PHHWPa-y74yWRaumgj34SQ

Viewers just can't wrap their heads around one thing about David Koch. Credit: Getty (left), Seven (right).

You see, despite being on our TV screens almost every day for two decades now, Kochie doesn't seem to age! At least, not in the way that normal people do. It's like he's found the fountain of youth or something!

A TikTok video showing how Kochie has barely aged in a decade has gone viral, with social media users baffled by the TV personality's seemingly ageless face.

The clip shows two photographs of Kochie side-by-side, 10 years apart. This isn't the first time the now-deleted video has done the rounds online - it originally circulated back in 2020 and made quite a few people do a double-take.

It opens with TikTok user Swaré jokingly saying: 'David Koch is a vampire.'

'Here is a photo of David Koch earlier this year, seems pretty reasonable,' he went on to say. 'Here is a photo of David Koch 10 years ago, hmmm, looks exactly the same! He's 64, by the way, or so he says.'

'Still don't believe me? Well, look up Koch Media. What do they make? Movies about vampires!'

Okay, we need to make it clear that Koch Media, a global developer of video games, is in no way affiliated with David Koch. He's not connected to vampires, either. (Or is he…)

qc33748eZEwqp9A9EzM8XmdZa3r42w6N7Xac0d6vKX-5WkOAhlQpG_HKGraGHRKgAhPWHCCJLM2Ov8ZHmlRfjHoBxzKcmm9Awfe6eymSZ097i55kaBWYp-nhLkiNC8vdLC6yWF-GDQFtwR53UGMBPgharivFY9OHwDfGjrtnbRT5B6Z2ZD6XZ_agJg

A TikTok user said Kochie doesn't seem to age even after decades. Credit: TikTok.

Back in 2002, Seven brought Koch on to fill in for Chris Reason for a short time. It's been twenty years since then, yet he's still one of the most recognisable faces (and voices) on mainstream Australian TV.

And what better way to reflect on two decades in the business than with a little trip down memory lane?

The veteran TV host got emotional as he looked back at some of his best – and most hilariously cringeworthy – moments on air, alongside his co-hosts Natalie Barr and Edwina Bartholomew.

With 20 years of content to choose from, a video montage of Kochie's Sunrise career was filled with major celebrity interviews (including one very awkward moment with pop star Katy Perry), challenges, touching family moments – you name it!

Kochie got choked up, and so did viewers, as the rest of the show's crew congratulated him on his massive career milestone.

'I reckon I forgot three-quarters of that,' Kochie admitted, before adding: 'It has been one of the great joys of my life.'

'It has been incredible. You can't do it all winter, summer, and all the rest of it without doing it with people you love dearly. There's Beretts, Nat, Eddy, and Dave Walters, who has been in our ear for 20 years and has been part of the team, so I'm very grateful.'

'Thank you for having me for 20 years,' he concluded.

Although having a tribute like this makes it seem like he's leaving the show, don't worry folks because Kochie isn't going anywhere! Reports made no mention of a potential exit by the TV icon, so we'll definitely still be seeing plenty more of him in the future.

So what do you think, members? Do you also tune in regularly at Sunrise? If so, do you have a memorable or favourite Kochie TV moment? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Sunrise is part of my morning routine.

5.50am I make a coffee

5.58 am back in bed
6am watching sunrise until around 8am sometimes longer

6am on while watching sunrise I read past on here. Best way to start my day.

Oh what was the question 🤔 oh yeah

There are so many amazing memories of Kochie but one that comes to mind is his other side and that is being a rock star and playing with INXS

Reactions: Ricci
Sunrise is part of my morning routine.

5.50am I make a coffee

5.58 am back in bed
6am watching sunrise until around 8am sometimes longer

6am on while watching sunrise I read past on here. Best way to start my day.

Oh what was the question 🤔 oh yeah

There are so many amazing memories of Kochie but one that comes to mind is his other side and that is being a rock star and playing with INXS
really??