Kmart's new perfect dupe is taking shoppers by storm: 'Can we stick Jibbitz in it?'

The buzz around town is all about a new must-have accessory that's practical and won't break the bank.

Kmart has done it again, introducing a product causing quite a stir among shoppers looking for a bargain.

The item in question is a $15 tote bag that's being hailed as the ultimate 'mum bag' and draws comparisons to a popular Crocs bag valued at $99.

The EVA Beach Tote ($15) is made from durable, easy-to-clean material and has a generous capacity of up to 10kg.

Its design features a series of holes, making it a breeze to shake out sand and dirt after a day at the beach or a picnic in the park.

Available in three chic colours—white, navy, and pink—it's a spitting image of the Crocs Classic Tote, which is also available in the same colours.

1724300317772.png
A $15 EVA Beach Tote from Kmart is being compared to a $99 Crocs bag. Credit: Kmart

The discovery of this budget-friendly gem was first shared on social media, where it quickly became popular.

Shoppers are raving about its versatility and functionality, with one Kmart fan, Amber Hope, expressing her excitement about using it.

‘Looking forward to trying this out on beach/pool/picnic days,’ she said.

‘It’s in the beach/pool section.’

Although she had her heart set on pink, the demand was so high that she had to settle for white, as the pink totes were already sold out.

‘I’ve seen the Crocs one trending’, one shopper wrote. ‘Can’t wait to get this one, though.’

‘Great for the kid's sandy and wet things!’ another said.

Other positive comments included, ‘Perfect for the park,’ and ‘I want one now!

The conversation around the tote continues beyond its practicality.

The playful design, reminiscent of the iconic Crocs footwear, has led to an intriguing question: 'Can we stick Jibbitz in it?'

Jibbitz, the decorative charms that can be inserted into the holes of Crocs shoes, could add a personal touch to these totes.

While there has yet to be an official word on Kmart's releasing its own line of accessories, the idea has certainly captured the imagination of many.

‘They’ll probably bring out their own accessories.’ one responded.

Amber initially posted about the bag and said she stumbled upon it while searching for a beach trolley.

‘They popped up on the site, so I went and looked and thought it would be great to use this summer for picnics, beaches, pools, etc., for towels and drink bottles as I have a few kids I care for,’ she remarked.

‘I think it will be easy to wash and wipe over after a day out.’

In related news, Kmart shoppers have discovered an affordable alternative to the Jacquemus Le Bambino leather tote, which costs over $1200.

The Jana Trapeze crossbody bag, priced at just $15 at Kmart, shares some similarities with the original, leading shoppers to dub it the ‘perfect dupe.’ Learn more about it here.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart has released a new $15 EVA Beach Tote that is similar to a popular $99 Crocs bag, sparking shopper excitement.
  • The tote comes in three colours and is designed with holes for easily shedding sand and dirt, making it ideal for beach, pool, or picnic days.
  • The bag went viral after a post on the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook page, with many shoppers eager to purchase it.
  • Questions have arisen about whether the holes in the Kmart version can accommodate Jibbitz, the decorative charms made popular by Crocs.
What do you think of Kmart's latest sensation? Is it the beach and pool essential you've been waiting for, or will you miss it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Sponsored