Kmart's $30 cast iron pot a BIG HIT among home cooks and shoppers!

A good, solid cast-iron casserole pot is one of those kitchen items you keep for years, lovingly cooking a variety of warm winter dishes in it before passing it down to the next generation.

Some folks have just one reliable pot, while others have three or four in various colours and sizes, all with wildly varying price tags.

But we all know that price isn't always a good indicator of quality. That's probably why shoppers are ditching popular brands like Le Creuset, Staub, and Chasseur, which can cost between $450 and $720, in favour of cheaper options like Kmart's.

Aussie shoppers and home cooks alike are making a beeline for Kmart's latest cast iron pot, which can be purchased for under $30 and is being hailed by some as a 'perfect dupe' of a Le Creuset model that costs hundreds of dollars more.

The four-litre cast-iron casserole pot came out recently in blush pink (which is popular right now) and sage green, and online shoppers are very interested in it.

MCit9lPkNobpESsLJ3BboXfk6y8tFw07Ex3ZXi_e-T0sm-JPyoBhphk5x_u3fFKnDfDdQiRd1fFW5BmBGmDDZv7_dUksI-EVWaIihYM7C7U-jkfLVs35PcK-cp8S1s3x9XhajEspCCa6ymo5wQ

Aussies love Kmart's new $30 cast iron pot, which some compare to Le Creuset's. Credit: TikTok/@lunamoor.

A TikTokker's video of her showcasing her new pink pot garnered over 618,900 views and hundreds of comments from fellow shoppers eager to purchase one for themselves, causing the video to go viral.

"I finally found this the other day after searching for WEEKS. Now I can’t stop using it," one viewer wrote in the comments, adding: "If it’s not pink, I don’t want it."

Some people were even comparing the affordable piece of cookware to a cast-iron pot made by Le Creuset, which can cost as much as $450.

A comment was written by one amateur cook: "It's fantastic, and I have the white version of it. I wanted to give it a try before investing in a Le Creuset, but it turned out to be so good that I don't need to!"

With such a big price gap between cast-iron pots from Kmart and those from high-end brands like Staub and Le Creuset, what do loyal users of the cheaper pots say?

A member of the CHOICE community said that the cast-iron pot they bought for $29 at Kmart about five years ago still works and has been a great help in the kitchen.

"The only thing we have noticed is that the enamel lining the inside of the pot has significantly discoloured over time…" she added.

"But apart from this, it has been well and truly a good pot."

The cast-iron casserole pot also received a whopping 4.9-star rating from 88 users on Kmart's website, with one of them saying that she is very happy with the quality of the cookware.

"It is a tremendous value for money. Delivery was efficient and well tracked. Very satisfied customer," she added.

A second reviewer followed up with: "Great quality and colour but a little smaller than I would have liked, would definitely purchase the exact same product but a little bigger."

While some shoppers agreed the Kmart cast-iron pots are a brilliant bargain buy, some also noted that they didn't perform as well as high-end versions.

One user shared, "I have a Kmart pot and my mum has a Le Creuset. Both get used frequently, both are hand-washed. My cheap Kmart one was chipped around the base, lid and rim within a few uses."

"It does the job but it's nowhere near the same quality as a Le Creuset. Mum's is still perfect after 12 years," she added.

Kmart's cast-iron pot is versatile enough to be used either on the stovetop or in the oven, making it perfect for slow-cooked dishes like casseroles and stews.

While the pink pot is no longer available on the Kmart website, customers can still purchase the other colours both online and in-store.

So, if you want to get your hands on Kmart's cast iron pots, you'd better hurry, folks!

Watch this video if you already own one of these dutch ovens and want to learn an easy and quick way to make your dutch oven look almost as good as it did when you first bought it.

Credit: StatUpBox.

Sponsored
I passed all my cast iron cookware on to my son as they were getting far too heavy to handle safely.:(:(
Harris Scarfe often has them around $100 l’ve had mine for years, still good, just a bit of colouration inside, no chips or anything.

Reactions: Ricci
About 12 years ago we bought a oval cast iron pot from KMart which is still going strong but as i am now on my own is too big for my use, i have bought & use regular a cream one once again from KMart . I use it on the stove top & in the oven i wouldn't be without it.

Reactions: Ricci