Kmart shopper's tip lets you grab a bargain 10-pack of soap!

In today's world, where the cost of living keeps going up, every single dollar becomes valuable. We all understand the importance of saving money, even on the little things like soap, to ensure we have enough for other essentials.

Here at the Seniors Discounts Club, we're all about making our budgets go the extra mile, and for today, we have an exciting story to share with you!

One savvy shopper has discovered a fantastic shopping strategy that has drastically reduced her expenses, and it all revolves around a popular find from Kmart.

To help her fellow bargain hunters, a savvy Australian shopper took to the Facebook page Markdown Addicts Australia to spill the beans on her foolproof method of snagging a fantastic deal on an essential everyday item–soap.

And what's her secret, you ask? It turns out that instead of splurging on a pack of four Palmolive Gold soaps at any supermarket, the real hidden gem lies in none other than Kmart! She couldn't help but highlight the staggering price disparity between Kmart and Woolworths for the exact same product.

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 4.27.36 PM.png
You'll find a sweet deal at Kmart for a ten-pack of Palmolive Gold that beats the prices at Woolies. Credit: Kmart.

The shopper revealed she managed to snag a 10-pack of Palmolive Gold soap from Kmart, and you won't believe the price she paid—just $6.50! Yes, you read it right. Ten bars of soap for a price that won't make a dent in your budget.

Now, brace yourself for a little comparison. Our shopper also noticed that at Woolworths, a four-pack of the exact same soap costs around $5. Can you believe it? With Kmart, you're getting more than double the amount of soap for just a bit more cash.

'With the cost of living going up, I have found soap [prices] going up and the packets getting smaller in Woolworths,' she shared, adding: 'Then I remembered that Kmart sells them!'

According to a Woolworths spokesperson, the supermarket has plenty of options for budget-conscious shoppers who are looking for an even more affordable soap purchase.

They shared that they currently have a variety of soap products on special, and one particularly great deal is their own brand, Balnea. For just $2.30, customers can get eight bars of Balnea soap, which amounts to a mere 29 cents per bar.

If customers prefer the Palmolive range, Woolworths has them covered, too, with a special offer of eight bars for $9. So whether you're a fan of Balnea or Palmolive, you can enjoy stocking up on soap without breaking the bank.

Responding to the shopper's social media post, fellow customers chimed in to share their agreement. Kmart, along with other fantastic stores like The Reject Shop and Chemist Warehouse, apparently have some great deals on toiletries.

These budget-friendly options are perfect for savvy shoppers who want to save some cash and avoid hefty supermarket prices.

'That's the only place I get them - Priceline used to have “buy two packets, get one free”, [but I] haven't seen that deal in a while,' said one shopper.

Another said: 'Everything is going up in price. Amazingly, Chemist Warehouse does have things cheaper than Woolies.'

A third wrote: 'Reject Shop often has them, and Imperial Leather for good prices. Toothpaste is often excellent value.'

One more said: 'I noticed the price of these at Woolies last week - one sale, two four-packs for $9. That's not a sale. I get my four-packs from Reject Shop for $3. I have not seen 10-packs at my local Kmart.'

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie Kmart shopper has shared some shopping advice allowing people to purchase a 10-pack of Palmolive Gold soap for just $6.25, while a four-pack costs $5 at Woolworths.
  • The customer shared this information on a popular Facebook page, indicating her distress at the increasing cost of living.
  • Many agreed with the shopper's post, adding that other stores, like The Reject Shop and Chemist Warehouse, often offer toiletries at lower prices.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson responded by sharing that Woolworths also provides cheaper soap options, including their own brand Balnea sold at 29 cents a bar.

You read it here, members! By extending your shopping ventures to Kmart and other value-for-money retail stores, you may be getting even more soap for your buck!

Do you have any other brilliant tips or advice to share? We'd love to hear them! Drop a comment below, and let's make saving money a team effort! Together, we can conquer the world of budget-friendly shopping!

Sponsored
Check the country of manufacture - my husband only uses Dove and has being buying them in 4 packs from Aldi, made in Malaysia therefore cheaper but I notice they’ve also looked smaller. Cheaper wages, therefore cheaper cost while importer and supermarket still make their profit.

In today's world, where the cost of living keeps going up, every single dollar becomes valuable. We all understand the importance of saving money, even on the little things like soap, to ensure we have enough for other essentials.

Here at the Seniors Discounts Club, we're all about making our budgets go the extra mile, and for today, we have an exciting story to share with you!

One savvy shopper has discovered a fantastic shopping strategy that has drastically reduced her expenses, and it all revolves around a popular find from Kmart.

To help her fellow bargain hunters, a savvy Australian shopper took to the Facebook page Markdown Addicts Australia to spill the beans on her foolproof method of snagging a fantastic deal on an essential everyday item–soap.

And what's her secret, you ask? It turns out that instead of splurging on a pack of four Palmolive Gold soaps at any supermarket, the real hidden gem lies in none other than Kmart! She couldn't help but highlight the staggering price disparity between Kmart and Woolworths for the exact same product.

View attachment 24374
You'll find a sweet deal at Kmart for a ten-pack of Palmolive Gold that beats the prices at Woolies. Credit: Kmart.

The shopper revealed she managed to snag a 10-pack of Palmolive Gold soap from Kmart, and you won't believe the price she paid—just $6.50! Yes, you read it right. Ten bars of soap for a price that won't make a dent in your budget.

Now, brace yourself for a little comparison. Our shopper also noticed that at Woolworths, a four-pack of the exact same soap costs around $5. Can you believe it? With Kmart, you're getting more than double the amount of soap for just a bit more cash.

'With the cost of living going up, I have found soap [prices] going up and the packets getting smaller in Woolworths,' she shared, adding: 'Then I remembered that Kmart sells them!'

According to a Woolworths spokesperson, the supermarket has plenty of options for budget-conscious shoppers who are looking for an even more affordable soap purchase.

They shared that they currently have a variety of soap products on special, and one particularly great deal is their own brand, Balnea. For just $2.30, customers can get eight bars of Balnea soap, which amounts to a mere 29 cents per bar.

If customers prefer the Palmolive range, Woolworths has them covered, too, with a special offer of eight bars for $9. So whether you're a fan of Balnea or Palmolive, you can enjoy stocking up on soap without breaking the bank.

Responding to the shopper's social media post, fellow customers chimed in to share their agreement. Kmart, along with other fantastic stores like The Reject Shop and Chemist Warehouse, apparently have some great deals on toiletries.

These budget-friendly options are perfect for savvy shoppers who want to save some cash and avoid hefty supermarket prices.

'That's the only place I get them - Priceline used to have “buy two packets, get one free”, [but I] haven't seen that deal in a while,' said one shopper.

Another said: 'Everything is going up in price. Amazingly, Chemist Warehouse does have things cheaper than Woolies.'

A third wrote: 'Reject Shop often has them, and Imperial Leather for good prices. Toothpaste is often excellent value.'

One more said: 'I noticed the price of these at Woolies last week - one sale, two four-packs for $9. That's not a sale. I get my four-packs from Reject Shop for $3. I have not seen 10-packs at my local Kmart.'

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie Kmart shopper has shared some shopping advice allowing people to purchase a 10-pack of Palmolive Gold soap for just $6.25, while a four-pack costs $5 at Woolworths.
  • The customer shared this information on a popular Facebook page, indicating her distress at the increasing cost of living.
  • Many agreed with the shopper's post, adding that other stores, like The Reject Shop and Chemist Warehouse, often offer toiletries at lower prices.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson responded by sharing that Woolworths also provides cheaper soap options, including their own brand Balnea sold at 29 cents a bar.

You read it here, members! By extending your shopping ventures to Kmart and other value-for-money retail stores, you may be getting even more soap for your buck!

Do you have any other brilliant tips or advice to share? We'd love to hear them! Drop a comment below, and let's make saving money a team effort! Together, we can conquer the world of budget-friendly shopping!
Been buying Palmolive Gold soap from Kmart for about a year since I was told about it from a mate's wife and yes people Woolworths is and always will rip you off 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬look it up on Google it's owed overseas by a South African company

• Angry
Reactions: siameezer
I did see the large pack of soap as I walked past in KMart some days ago but didn't look at the price and didn't buy any. My loss!

Been buying Palmolive Gold soap from Kmart for about a year since I was told about it from a mate's wife and yes people Woolworths is and always will rip you off 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬look it up on Google it's owed overseas by a South African company
In answer to your wrong statement....
"Woolworths Holdings Limited (JSE: WHL) is a South African multinational retail company that owns the South African retail chain Woolworths, and Australian retailer Country Road Group.
Woolworths
however, has no association to Australia's Woolworths
supermarket chain."

And the Australian Woolworth's have also never had anything to do with the American or British Woolworths.

I always buy my ten packs of Palmolive gold at big w. It used to cost me $3.50, cheaper than the four pack in Coles or Woolworths supermarket. Last time I bought it I paid $5, I need to buy some this week so will be interesting to see how much more it has gone up. I have always found big w the cheapest place to get my soaps for the brands I buy.

Reactions: Tervueren
From Wikipedia today:
"Woolworths Group Limited is an Australian multinational retail and finance company, primarily known for its operation of retail chain Woolworths Supermarkets across Australia and Countdown in New Zealand, as well department stores Big W and Masters. Headquartered in Bella Vista, Sydney, it is the largest company in Australia by revenue and number of employees, and the second-largest in New Zealand.[3]

Founded in Sydney in 1924 as variety retailer Woolworths Limited, the company entered the New Zealand market in 1929 and has traded in every Australian state and territory since 1960."

That is simply misinformation and a lie. Woolworths supermarkets are not only NOT associated with the South African company of the same name, they are an Australian company founded in Australia in 1924! It helps to have facts at hand if you are going to make allegations.

I used to buy everything from Woolworths when Jaz was working & paying for the groceries now as a pensioner I buy everything from Aldi. I also used to be able to buy a 10-pack of Palmolive for $5.00 at Woolies when we needed them. Now I buy from K-mart for $6.50 a 10-pack still exceptional value in these days of rising prices I personally only use a good body wash as I don't like soap but Jaz uses it all the time.

It's not just Woolies ripping us off as Coles sell 4 pack for $5

Check the country of manufacture - my husband only uses Dove and has being buying them in 4 packs from Aldi, made in Malaysia therefore cheaper but I notice they’ve also looked smaller. Cheaper wages, therefore cheaper cost while importer and supermarket still make their profit.
Yes and sometimes the formula of the product is a bit different too. Compare for example UK and Australian versions of Cadbury chocolate. There is a distinct flavour difference. Same goes for soaps, shampoo, laundry powders etc. Same same but different.