Kmart shoppers rave about a $30 alternative to a $610 kitchen ‘must-have’

We know how our members love nothing more than discovering incredible deals when it comes to essential household items.

Having stylish, contemporary kitchenware is an essential part of any modern home – and if you like to stay ahead of the trends, then it's important to make sure your cookware collection is up to date too.

But with the current economy, it’s difficult to find stylish and durable pieces without stretching your budget too thin.

That's why today, we're sharing news of the battle between expensive kitchenware and more affordable alternatives.

It's no secret that many adore the finer things in life, but splurging on a $610 kitchen item just in this economy doesn’t seem sensible (or even feasible).

However, we're excited to share a budget buy that savvy Australian shoppers are excited about – A $30 alternative to the luxury brand Le Creuset.

pot1.jpg
Kmart shoppers seem to love this new cookware set from the retailer. Credit: Kmart

Kmart has recently released its 4L Cast Iron Casserole in Blush, and it's already soared in popularity among Aussies.

Those in the know are applauding the new addition, matching its stylish ‘dream kitchen colour palette’ with the astonishing price tag – a mere 10 per cent of the luxury good's cost!

It wasn't long before ecstatic fans on social media were chattering away about their own delight at spotting the new pots in their local store.

‘I was in Kmart the other day and found pink pots!’ She said, adding that she’s had her own set of pink pots and pans for some time now.

‘I always get asked where mine are from. So, when I found these at Kmart, I had to share!’ Continued one shopper.

pot2.jpg
A shopper shared this photo of the pink cookware online. Credit: Facebook

Others couldn't contain their excitement at the similarities between Kmart's budget-friendly option and the pricier Le Creuset brand that features a rose-pink pot for $610.

‘Stop it, Kmart! Stop making incredible products at affordable prices. It makes me want to buy everything you currently sell,’ one stated.

While another shopper declared: ‘I have this cast iron pot from Kmart but in green. Love, love, love it and at about 10 per cent of the Le Creuset price!’

The praise didn't stop there, with online reviews indicating that not only is the Kmart casserole pot wallet-friendly, but it is a top-quality product in its own right.

Delighted users reported exceptional results when cooking various dishes such as bread, casseroles, soups, and pasta.

‘Don't waste your money on expensive brands. This one does the job. I have made bread and casseroles, which turned out great. Easy to clean,’ wrote one.

‘Why pay $600+ when you can buy this? Absolutely love it and am using it more than I imagined I would... It's super easy to clean up afterwards. Did I mention I love it?’ Replied one impressed customer.

The Kmart cast iron casserole pot, available in three colours, including sage and grey, is perfectly designed for making slow-cooked meals and stews.

It retains heat effectively and is oven safe. Additionally, it is suitable for use on gas, ceramic, induction, electric, and halogen cooktops.

While the newly discovered cut-price casserole dishes have created a buzz online, some discerning shoppers have pointed out that similar budget options can be found at establishments such as ALDI during their Special Buys sale, Harris Scarfe, and Amazon.

However, the overwhelming consensus is that Kmart's offering stands up to the test, with glowing endorsements highlighting the quality and longevity of its products.

‘I have a set of blue Kmart pots I bought when I first moved out of home in 2007. Still to this day, 16 years later, they are my trusty pots and in tip-top shape,’ one satisfied customer said.

With shoppers embracing these affordable and stylish kitchen additions, we encourage you all to let your fellow bargain hunters know about this fantastic find. Happy shopping!
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers are raving about a new $30 coloured cookware item that appears to be a dupe of a $610 luxury kitchen item.
  • The 4L Cast Iron Casserole in Blush is a popular addition to the budget retailer's lineup, drawing praise for its stylish design and functionality.
  • Customers have compared the Kmart casserole pots to the luxury brand Le Creuset's rose pink pot, claiming they are similar in quality and appearance.
  • The cast iron pot is versatile, designed to retain heat, and is suitable for use on various cooktops and in the oven. It is also available in sage and grey colours.
So, there you have it, members! Coloured cookware is having a moment—and Kmart is here to help us get our hands on the trend without breaking the bank.

What do you think of Kmart’s new coloured cookware range? Let us know below!

Sponsored
I have the kmart green one , it is good but can't compare to the Le Creuset pot .
It is a great choice if you can't afford the more expensive one

It works well with cooking my no knead bread recipe
I was looking for a pot for no knead bread but didn’t want to pay the price for the top quality one just for making bread. I will definitely be trying the Kmart one after reading your post. Thank you.

I gave all my cast iron pots and dishes to my son as they were too heavy for me to handle safely when they were full of food. He is currently reaping all the benefits!

Reactions: RTS and AlanQ
I still have my beautiful blue Le Creuset oval pot that we received as a wedding present 30 years ago. I don't use it much any more as it's too heavy for me, I have to get hubby to lift it!

Reactions: Ricci