Kmart shoppers notice one detail on the retailer's cleaning item: 'I'm afraid this is not possible'

In the world of retail, shoppers often celebrate innovation and functionality.

Yet, sometimes, the line between ingenious and absurd could be blurred out.

This was the case for a Kmart shopper who stumbled upon a rather peculiar feature on the retailer’s cleaning appliance.

The Spot Cleaner ($99), known for its effectiveness on furniture and carpet stains, became the centre of the spotlight for a very different reason.

A Kmart shopper spotted a section detailing how to use the appliance to groom your pet's fur.

The cleaner's accompanying manual clarified that this method does not replace traditional dog baths.

compressed-spot cleaner.jpeg
The Kmart Spot Cleaner also came with a dog-cleaning nozzle and brushes in the box. Image Credit: Kmart

It claimed to reduce the frequency at which baths were needed.

The Kmart enthusiast took to social media, shared her bizarre find, and asked if anyone had tried this unconventional grooming method on their fur pals.

The responses were a mixed bag, with many expressing disbelief and humour over the idea of using a cleaner designed for household spots on their pets.

'My dog will not even stay in the same room when I turn it on to clean furniture,' one shopper lamented.

Other pet owners shared the same sentiments.

'I can't mop, vacuum or shampoo the floors or carpets and have the dogs stay in the house,' another shared.

'They run straight out of the dog door.'

'My dog attacks mine, so I'm afraid this isn't possible,' a third shared.

'My pooch would literally poop himself if I came near him with this machine,' a fourth lamented.

'I just throw my dog in the washing machine. I'm joking,' another pet owner humoured.

Amidst the jests and disbelief, a pet parent shared their success story in using the Spot Cleaner.

'My girlfriend has this with her Groodle, and it worked really well. He does not like vacuums but somehow does not mind this,' they shared.

The conversation caught the attention of professionals in the pet grooming industry.

Janie Rose, a pet grooming veteran with 25 years of experience and owner of Blue Wheelers and Dash DogWash, weighed in on the matter.

'A professional groomer has been trained and certified as a groomer in all aspects of dog washing and dog grooming,' she shared.

'If it were my dog, I would not use a Kmart Spot Cleaner to clean my dog.'

Rose strongly advised against using the Spot Cleaner on pets and highlighted that grooming is a skill, not a hobby.

She also added that the loud noises from the cleaner could terrify dogs.

Dr Teagan Lever, Head Veterinarian at Pet Circle, also provided professional insights on the matter.

'The sound and sensation of having a full body wash using a bath, shower hydrobath or with a spot cleaner machine can be stressful for some dogs and their pet parents,' she shared.

'Washing your pet too frequently can also cause skin dryness and irritation as it can remove natural oils from the coat.'

She recommended bathing pets once a month and suggested alternative grooming products like colognes, pet wipes, and coat sprays to maintain a dog's cleanliness between baths.

In light of these expert opinions, traditional pet grooming methods remain the preferred choice.

The vet's recommendations offer a more practical and less stressful approach to keeping pets clean and comfortable.

This conversation serves as a reminder to shoppers that not all innovative features are practical or advisable, especially when it comes to the well-being of our furry family members.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper discovered instructions suggesting a cleaning appliance could be used to clean a dog's fur.
  • Some shoppers found the idea ridiculous and joked about their pets getting frightened by the noise.
  • A professional groomer and a veterinarian advised against using Kmart's Spot Cleaner for cleaning pets, citing potential stress for the dog and professional matters.
  • A veterinarian recommended regular grooming practices and products specifically designed for pet grooming instead of using household appliances.
Have you encountered similar odd features in your household appliances? Share your experiences and pet care tips with us in the comments below.

Sponsored