Kmart shopper's birthday surprise hilariously ruined - this is too funny!

Kmart is great for party decorations... unless you get a letter wrong.

One mother discovered a slight problem with her Kmart balloon letters - one of the letters was wrong.

The mum claimed that one pack, which was labelled "C", actually contained the letter "B" in it.

[firstad[[/firstad]

She said that the best she could do at the time was to spell out "Luba" instead of her daughter's name, Luca.

Despite the mix-up, the mother had a laugh and shared it on her favourite Kmart group on Facebook.

"Go home Kmart, you’re drunk. It may have ruined my birthday set-up but it made my night," she posted on the Kmart Hacks & Decor Facebook group along with a couple of photos of the mishap.

fg8zCcejsq86SNsoIlNx6lLQywgGs_UrUoikcQPo06KYu3X8dhhbCALfgRY61L9jiqBsfN7TFX4DsT9dvC7uDHKe1pvhfBcCdavi_el3O35b_JlhBssRwOQwhX2_lDsbpThR0_6fbrDceGoj

A Kmart birthday party decoration mishap had made the rounds on the internet. Credit: Facebook.

The post has gone viral, amassing over 1,000 likes and hundreds of comments from baffled users.

One person wrote: "OMG I laughed then had a coughing fit and was between choking, coughing and laughing. You made my night. Hope you still had a good time, sorry Kmart suppliers don't know their alphabet."

"Kmart needs to go back to school and learn their alphabet," another said.

The mum also shared that her son was "in hysterics" when he learned of the fiasco.

"Her brother was in hysterics laughing. He's shouting out LUBA LUBA," she wrote in one comment.

"Yep don't wait til the night before when she's in bed and Kmarts are closed."

Others shared their fair share of misfortune with the budget retailer's birthday party packs...

One comment read: "Hahaha yes! I got a happy birthday bunting from Kmart a couple of years ago and it actually said happy bitday... still hung it. It was hilarious."

"I bought Happy Birthday bunting that said Happy Dirthbay, I was annoyed but then it became funny to see if anyone noticed," another said.

The mother has disclosed, however, that she had to dispose of the dodgy balloons.

Speaking to Yahoo Lifestyle, the mum said that her daughter was "not amused" by the mix-up, saying: "Unfortunately I didn’t use them because as funny as myself and my partner found it, turns out six-year-old girls aren’t amused by a mix-up."

"We ended up throwing them away because we couldn’t use them. She was still happy with her gifts and it was just for a gift set-up, not a party."

"We love Kmart. It’s just a shame I couldn't have it set up for my girl on her special golden birthday 6/6/16 turning 6."

So, there you have it, folks! Have you experienced any birthday mishaps before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored