Kmart shopper shows off one nifty use for one $10 item: 'It's a total game changer'

Australians are no strangers to finding inventive ways to save a dollar and reduce waste.

Now and then, Aussies think of tips that are so simple and effective that they capture the imagination of the masses.

A Kmart shopper left the community buzzing with excitement with their recent discovery.

A shopper started using Kmart's Mini Noodle and Multicooker ($10) as a candle wax remelting station.

The humble kitchen gadget, typically used to churn out fresh noodles, has turned into an eco-friendly tool for candle enthusiasts.

The innovative shopper shared her discovery online and explained how she uses the noodle maker to melt down leftover wax.

compressed-candle.jpeg
A shopper shared her use for Kmart's Mini Noodle and Multicooker for her candles. Image Credits: Kmart, Pexels/Ron Lach

'I'm not a noodle fan, but I adore my DUSK candles. When they burn out, I save the scraps and use my mini noodle maker to remelt the wax. Then, I refill the old jars and even the original candle containers!' she wrote in a social media post.

'It's a total game changer. No more half-used candles are going to waste!'

The leftover wax is placed into the noodle maker, which gently heats and melts them down.

Once liquefied, the wax can be poured into old jars or the original candle containers.

The shopper also shared a crucial tip for those who want to try her tip.

'Just make sure to sit your glass jars in hot water before pouring the hot wax to prevent cracking,' she shared.

The response to this tip has been overwhelmingly positive, as other shoppers expressed their excitement and gratitude for the tip.

'You have no idea how much I need this in my life,' one comment read.

'This is such a great idea! I saved all my used-up candles because there's so much wax left, but I didn't know how to melt it down,' another said.

'I'm definitely trying this!'

In addition to the praise, some shoppers also shared their candle-making experiences and tips.

'While this is a fantastic idea, I suggest buying wicks from a reputable supplier to reduce accidents. Also, make sure to use heat-rated jars to avoid any risk of breaking,' a third shared.

'You can also put the wax on an oil burner. I did this when the candle didn't burn evenly, so one side was higher. I trim it, use up the wax, and use it as a wax melt,' another said.

With a bit of care and attention, this Kmart noodle maker tip could revolutionise the way we approach candle usage and waste.

So, next time you're about to toss out a candle, consider this innovative solution.

Not only are you giving candles a second life, but you'll also be joining a community of like-minded individuals who value sustainability and creativity.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper found a way to repurpose leftover candle wax using the retailer's $10 noodle maker.
  • The DIY tip she shared online involved melting down old candle wax on the noodle maker and using it to refill candle jars.
  • Social media users expressed their excitement about the tip and praised the shopper's innovative use of the gadget.
  • Some shoppers also shared some candle safety tips, emphasising the importance of using high-quality wicks and heat-rated jars to prevent accidents.
Have you tried this tip? Do you have another great tip for repurposing everyday items? We would love to read your thoughts and DIY tips in the comments below!

Sponsored