Kmart shopper raves about 'genius' waterproof find: 'I need this'

As we age, we often look for ways to combine style, safety, and simplicity in our homes.

The bathroom, a place of relaxation and personal care, is no exception.

It's no wonder then that a new product caught several shoppers' attention at Kmart, as it promised to add a touch of modern elegance while addressing a common annoyance associated with baths.

Kmart's Stone Dry Bathmat and Tray Set ($15) caused quite the buzz among Australian bargain hunters.

The set is not only a chic addition to any bathroom but also provides a small tray for cups.

The stone bathmat offered a unique alternative to the usual fabric bathmats that could quickly become soggy and unsightly.

compressed-photo_bath mat.jpeg
Kmart's Stone Dry Bathmat Set dried up fast in a video shared by Claudia. Image Credits: Kmart, TikTok/Claudiashops

Aussie content creator Claudiashops, known for finding the best Kmart deals, sparked the excitement around this product.

In a video posted online, she showcased the stone bathmat, complete with a little sander, to maintain its texture and ensure longevity.

Claudia's review was nothing short of enthusiastic as she tested the product's durability and drying capabilities.

'I'm going to have a shower. I'll let you know if it holds my weight and how it dries!' Claudia said in her video.

The stone bathmat held up under her weight and dried quickly.

'It's already drying in front of my eyes,' she exclaimed.

Social media users immediately showed interest towards the bathmat set

'I need this,' one said.

'So, you don't need to hang the bathmat up? Genius!' a second exclaimed.

Quick-drying stone bathmats have several benefits.

It eliminates the hassle of having to hang up a wet fabric mat after use.

It's also fast-drying, reducing the risk of mould and mildew buildup.

However, some shoppers raised valid concerns.

'I need a toddler to test it,' a third shared.

'My son floods my bathroom at bath time, so I'd like to know if it's worth the switch.'

Claudia suggested that the stone bathmat might not be ideal around kids or grandchildren due to potential slipping hazards.

However, she reassured shoppers that the mat comes with a grip on the bottom, stabilising it on slippery tiles.

One commenter asked if the bathmat felt cold underfoot.

'Nope, I am in Queensland, though, and I was sweating,' Claudia responded.

Watch Claudia's full review here:

Source: @claudiashops/TikTok

As of writing, the Kmart Stone Dry Bathmat and Tray Set are sold out online.

While Kmart's Stone Bathmat may not be the perfect fit for every household, it's clear that it offers an affordable way to add a modern touch to your bathroom.

It's a testament that you don't have to spend a fortune to refresh your space.
Key Takeaways

• An online content creator shared her latest Kmart find online, which only cost $15.
  • Kmart's Stone Dry Bathmat and Tray Set gained attention for its quick-drying benefits, making it a great alternative for fabric bathmats.
  • Social media users showed interest in the product and asked questions about its functionality and safety in households with children.
  • The Dry Bathmat set received several positive reviews online and is currently sold out on the Kmart website.
What do you think of this new Kmart item? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below!

Sponsored