Kiwi man clears Coles’ shelves out of one Aussie item that unexpectedly won the hearts of foreigners – “Those are the BEST!”

Have you ever wondered which of our beloved snacks developed a cult following around the world? You might be thinking of Aussie classics, like Vegemite or Tim Tams, but you’d be wrong! Here’s a clue – it’s something you may not expect to show up at the top of many Australians' must-have lists and maybe something we even take for granted.

A man from New Zealand, who goes by the TikTok username @natnmj, shared a clip of himself clearing Coles’ shelves out of their Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies, captioning the video with: “POV (point of view): You’re going back to New Zealand.”

During the brief footage, the man can be seen filling his trolley up to the brim with boxes of the item at a Melbourne store, leaving several Aussies puzzled as to why.

Fortunately, the Kiwis didn’t hold back on disclosing the secret, explaining the simple reason behind why they usually bulk buy the biscuits before heading back to their home country.

“New Zealand doesn’t have Coles cookies or Coles and some people in New Zealand crave these. So if someone goes to Australia they would always ask to bring some back,” one user explained.

YbIc7h62CjsIxiS3dIKvFnjl5iAMICpIsE1BnPeOzwC_GP5pNOpLJSV1snEVTf8ER37y9__alkTOZh0FtnKazHG7WfhXQA0Qft4UfcGotNuJvb7U-lBoLUGRxnHlZxIUH2_wYxy-8L8bgZAOtQ
MfyEwEMEV-lTSJcfIuTsZH24ZK6JAgN3UbKWyZhGa7GUCmqZ08BwGthKH4QAnwBPoRiFNIleysbM9TLDnplTH1gDusX2L5X01SJuLBf1RnTq2TS5zJh7w78JIwbs7UBZOOPgQwDi3Zw4pEfcQw

Whoopsie Daisy! All gone. Image Credit: @natnmj

The video attracted thousands of comments from fellow Kiwis sharing how they do the exact same thing.

“I literally helped my daughter do this when she left last week back for Auckland,” one person wrote.

“I work for an airline at the airport and almost everyone going back to NZ has at least one suitcase full of these,” another chimed.

“I always take around 10 packs of these whenever I come back from Australia – and then my cousins ask me to send some more!” shared a third.

“Those are the best cookies!” added one more.

The clip made rounds online and even successfully caught the attention of Coles, responding with: “Did we have enough?”

A spokesperson from the supermarket giant stated: “We’re glad to hear our New Zealand neighbours love our award-winning Coles Ultimate 40 percent Triple Chocolate Cookies as much as we do.”

“Packed with real chocolate chips, the decadently crunchy cookies are a perfect cheeky snack for everyone at home or abroad, and also great value at only $3.50.”

nBbu7-RUq2sxI4_xWTQBWzW9FqPyfeRDY3unlgvksHVJ7VyfQ7PACP0brxpPPUUkzBLLpvIQl6XMOeo1Q9LYwfjiaG8_OMtHRTEXnck-_NyLRGJqz9VZ5k0aw2qrpT_4t3NSFxlIPoOApsksOw

The Aussie snack that won the hearts of Kiwis. Image Credit: Carousell

Although several excitedly gushed about how good the cookies were, others struggled to find anything special with the snack.

“I don’t understand the ‘hype’ (slang for acquiring massive praise) about them? The first time I tried them, they weren’t even that good…” one user said.

“Well, you can take them all lol! They are not that big of a deal here in Australia.” commented another.

“Coles is SOOO overrated. I’d have Tim tams any day over those cookies.” added a third.

“Can someone tell me what’s so good about them?” one more asked.

What are YOUR thoughts on Coles’ Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies? Have you ever tried them before? Let us know in the comments!

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Video Credit: @natnmj

Sponsored
Kiwi man clears Coles’ shelves out of one Aussie item that unexpectedly won the hearts of foreigners – “Those are the BEST!”

Have you ever wondered which of our beloved snacks developed a cult following around the world? You might be thinking of Aussie classics, like Vegemite or Tim Tams, but you’d be wrong! Here’s a clue – it’s something you may not expect to show up at the top of many Australians' must-have lists and maybe something we even take for granted.

A man from New Zealand, who goes by the TikTok username @natnmj, shared a clip of himself clearing Coles’ shelves out of their Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies, captioning the video with: “POV (point of view): You’re going back to New Zealand.”

During the brief footage, the man can be seen filling his trolley up to the brim with boxes of the item at a Melbourne store, leaving several Aussies puzzled as to why.

Fortunately, the Kiwis didn’t hold back on disclosing the secret, explaining the simple reason behind why they usually bulk buy the biscuits before heading back to their home country.

“New Zealand doesn’t have Coles cookies or Coles and some people in New Zealand crave these. So if someone goes to Australia they would always ask to bring some back,” one user explained.

YbIc7h62CjsIxiS3dIKvFnjl5iAMICpIsE1BnPeOzwC_GP5pNOpLJSV1snEVTf8ER37y9__alkTOZh0FtnKazHG7WfhXQA0Qft4UfcGotNuJvb7U-lBoLUGRxnHlZxIUH2_wYxy-8L8bgZAOtQ
MfyEwEMEV-lTSJcfIuTsZH24ZK6JAgN3UbKWyZhGa7GUCmqZ08BwGthKH4QAnwBPoRiFNIleysbM9TLDnplTH1gDusX2L5X01SJuLBf1RnTq2TS5zJh7w78JIwbs7UBZOOPgQwDi3Zw4pEfcQw

The video attracted thousands of comments from fellow Kiwis sharing how they do the exact same thing.

“I literally helped my daughter do this when she left last week back for Auckland,” one person wrote.

“I work for an airline at the airport and almost everyone going back to NZ has at least one suitcase full of these,” another chimed.

“I always take around 10 packs of these whenever I come back from Australia – and then my cousins ask me to send some more!” shared a third.

The clip made rounds online and even successfully caught the attention of Coles, responding with: “Did we have enough?”

A spokesperson from the supermarket giant stated: “We’re glad to hear our New Zealand neighbours love our award-winning Coles Ultimate 40 percent Triple Chocolate Cookies as much as we do.”

“Packed with real chocolate chips, the decadently crunchy cookies are a perfect cheeky snack for everyone at home or abroad, and also great value at only $3.50.”

nBbu7-RUq2sxI4_xWTQBWzW9FqPyfeRDY3unlgvksHVJ7VyfQ7PACP0brxpPPUUkzBLLpvIQl6XMOeo1Q9LYwfjiaG8_OMtHRTEXnck-_NyLRGJqz9VZ5k0aw2qrpT_4t3NSFxlIPoOApsksOw

Although several excitedly gushed about how good the cookies were, others struggled to find anything special with the snack.

“I don’t understand the ‘hype’ (slang for acquiring massive praise) about them? The first time I tried them, they weren’t even that good…” one user said.

“Well, you can take them all lol! They are not that big of a deal here in Australia.” commented another.

“Coles is SOOO overrated. I’d have Tim tams any day over those cookies.” added a third.

What are YOUR thoughts on Coles’ Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies? Have you ever tried them before? Let us know in the comments!

Have tried & enjoyed these cookies often. For me what possibly helps is that l am a chocoholic of sorts.

I am not a Kiwi, and have been buying them for years.
Chocoholics delight.
There are some in my cupboard right now.
There many different choccy bikkies out there to be tried and loved.

Reactions: Chicky

Haven't tried these Coles cookies (don't often shop from Coles), But I fail to see the attraction of Tim Tams, they are totally overrated.

Reactions: Ricci