KFC Just Brought Back This 'Secret' $5.95 Meal - But Is It Worth It?

Although it’s not the healthiest (or even cheapest) way to feed yourself, getting takeaway is convenient on days when you don’t have the energy to cook. Plus, there are some tasty treats that are worth trying every once in a while.

And recently, KFC brought back a secret menu item for a limited time only – however, not everyone is convinced that the budget meal is worth the fuss.

Foodies in Australia were shocked to discover that KFC’s Kentucky Snack Pack is back after it was discovered on the restaurant’s secret menu.

The popular fast food item is only available for a limited time. It was reported that the Kentucky Snack Pack returned in late January, and now customers are ‘worried’ about its availability in stores nationwide.

kfc1.jpg
The Kentucky Snack Pack is said to have been available since late January. Credit: KFC

The Kentucky Snack pack costs $5.95, and features the fast food chain’s famous salted chips, topped with popcorn chicken, and then drizzled with what they describe on the menu as a ‘fiery, supercharged sauce’.

Perth-based food blogger Darcy O’Malley shared a video on TikTok of her reviewing the Snack Pack, and said that it was ‘huge’ for the low price.

‘This looks off its t**s,’ she shared.

‘And like, a huge amount. I thought it was going to be tiny because it’s $5.95, but no, this is huge.’

kfc2.jpg
Ms O’Malley said the item tasted ‘so good’. Credit: darcyomalley/TikTok

Her viewers were excited to try the Snack Pack as well.

‘This would be immaculate whilst hungover,’ one said.

‘You influenced me, Darcy,’ another responded.

Someone else called the snack a ‘heart attack in a box’. ‘But worth digging my grave for,’ they added.

‘My mouth is watering. Watching this on repeat while I dream about lunch tomorrow.’

Others weren’t as lucky with the portion they were given, and some said their local store didn’t even ‘offer’ the Snack Pack.

‘Mine was just half the size,’ someone wrote.

‘Ours was tiny,’ another replied.

One person called the food item a ‘joke’, after being given a Snack Pack that looked ten times smaller than the one Darcy was given.

‘None of my locals offers it!’ shared one.

‘I stupidly thought it was a cheese sauce. It was way too spicy for me,’ someone commented.

You can watch Darcy’s video below:

KFC last offered the Snack Pack for one night only in July 2022 to celebrate Kentucky rapper Jack Harlow performing in Sydney, and previously for a short time in January 2021, 2020, and 2019.

But this time, you can only get this food item by downloading KFC’s app.

kfc3.jpg
The food item is only available in the store’s app. Credit: KFC

Several other dishes were also revealed to be a part of the fast food chain’s ‘unreleased treats’ menu and will be launched throughout the year.

Meals such as the ‘Slide Burger’, which is a zinger fillet with smoky bacon and sauce in between flatbread buns, the ‘Zinger Chipster’ or chicken strips and chips in a wrap, and the ‘Beese Churger’, a zinger fillet with cheese, mayo, and flipped burger buns are available via KFC’s mobile app as well.

To discover all the secret dishes, you simply need to download the KFC app, swipe down on the main menu, and hold for 11 seconds. An animated Colonel Sanders will then reveal the hidden menu.

And then, an automated message will pop up and read: ‘This gift to the world, it’s time to bestow, solve my riddle to discover where to go, find the place in the App where the food is on show…my secret you’ll find when the Colonel says hello but make sure you keep it on the down low.’

Sally Spriggs, Chief Marketing Officer at KFC Australia, said in a statement: ‘For our diehard fans, they know our Secret Menu on the KFC App delivers indulgent treats.’

‘Our latest drop – the Kentucky Snack Pack – is no exception, packed with mouth-watering morsels of Popcorn Chicken, our signature chippies and a hearty drizzle of our iconic Supercharged Sauce,’ she added.

But like all good things, it won’t be hanging around for long. Ms Spriggs encouraged everyone to jump onto the KFC app and try the Snack Pack before it’s gone.

‘Sure, we’ve told you before. But we’ll tell you again: Keep a close eye on our Secret Menu as you never know when the next delicious number might drop!’ She explained.
Key Takeaways
  • KFC’s Kentucky Snack Pack features popcorn chicken and chips topped with 'Supercharge' sauce and costs $5.95.
  • The snack pack was added to KFC's secret menu in late January and is only available on the restaurant’s app for a limited time.
  • Food blogger Darcy O'Malley shared a TikTok clip in which she praised the snack pack for being ‘huge’ and tasting ‘so good’.
  • However, some customers have been disappointed by the snack pack, commenting that it was smaller than anticipated and that the sauce was too spicy. Others shared that it wasn’t even available in their local stores.
Did you know about this ‘secret’ food item, members? Have you tried it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored