Kate Ritchie's hilariously relatable 'mum' moment goes viral

For many of us, family bush walks and spending quality time outdoors with our children or grandchildren is a joy. But, as former Home and Away star Kate Ritchie recently discovered, Mother's Day and family bush walks don't always go as planned!

Kate shared a refreshingly candid video on her Instagram page, showcasing a classic 'mum' moment she and many of our readers can surely relate to. 'Bush walking with kids' was the simple caption accompanying the post, capturing the hearts and laughter of parents of all ages as well as fellow celebrities.

1684381072372.png
Kate Richie with her daughter. Source: Kate Richie/Instagram

The amusing video features a tired Mae, Kate's eight-year-old daughter, sitting on the side of a row of steps during their hiking adventure. An audibly frustrated Ritchie can be heard attempting to coax her daughter back up. 'Mae, we're nearly there,' she says, to which Mae replies, 'I can't. I just need a little rest, please…'

When Kate persists, saying 'Come on!', Mae fires back with 'Please, my legs are killing me,' - a statement that rings true to many a parent's ears!

The video's charm lies in just how relatable and authentic it is. Most parents have definitely been in a similar situation, and the video's online reception proves just that.

A flurry of comments poured in from various celebrities, showing that even stars can experience these trying mum moments. Home and Away star Emily Symons joked, 'Closely followed by “this is boring” and “my legs hurt”.' TV host Lisa Wilkinson added, 'Think that one is a metaphor for motherhood across the board… Hope things picked up after that - and happy Mother's Day, you wonderful woman.'

'Story of my life,' one parent commiserated, adding, 'That could literally be my video.'

Kate's honesty in sharing her insights into motherhood resonated with her followers, and indeed, everyone can appreciate the heartfelt connection between a mother and her child. In a recent interview with the Sunday Telegraph, Ritchie revealed how Mae has given her 'purpose' and 'strength'.

'She is one of the few people who allow me to be truly me. Nothing more or less… I am merely her mummy, and she loves me for that. In fact, as she gets older, she is also teaching me I am deserving of love.'

Relatable Parenting from the Stars: Other Celebrities Who Share ‘Mum’ Moments​

Kate Ritchie is not the only celebrity to share her relatable parenting moments. In recent years, other stars have thrown open the doors to the often humorous but chaotic world of parenting. Jason Alexander, of Seinfeld fame, spoke of his struggles when bedtime and parenting don’t go according to plan. Actor Will Smith has shared videos of his son Jaden being less than compliant when it comes to following his dad’s advice. And Gwen Stefani has asked her fans to share their parenting experiences on her Instagram page.

It is not just parents in the limelight who find solace in sharing their challenges; many of us reach out to our social connections to let off some steam—or laugh at our misfortunes—when parenting tests our nerves. Sharing a relatable moment is the perfect way to bring the community together, possibly because it reminds us all that no matter how much money and fame these celebrities have, they still deal with the same daily issues that we do. Whether times are good or hard, shared experiences are a reminder that we are all in it together.

Key Takeaways

• Former Home and Away star Kate Ritchie shared a relatable 'mum moment' on Instagram, where she tried to encourage her daughter Mae to continue a bush walk.
  • The candid video, featuring an audibly frustrated Ritchie and her unimpressed daughter, gained a huge response from celebrities and fans alike.
  • Fellow celebs and fans shared their thoughts in the comments section, empathising with Ritchie's struggle as a parent.
  • In a recent interview, Ritchie spoke about how her daughter has given her 'purpose' and 'strength' and taught her she is deserving of love.
As parents or grandparents, how did the story resonate with your unique experiences? We'd love to hear your heartfelt reflections!

Sponsored