Kate Ritchie’s latest post is raising eyebrows and questions among fans

Before her comeback to radio this week, Kate Ritchie uploaded a casual selfie, and there was one particular detail in the photo that had her longtime fans going crazy.

The 43-year-old ex-soap star posted a picture of herself on the Barrenjoey Head track, overlooking Palm Beach, one of the most affluent coastal communities in New South Wales.

You're probably wondering – what's so special about the selfie?

Several viewers are dying to know if this finally means the long-awaited return of their favourite character from Home and Away, as that is the beach where the show has been filming for years.

Cwwt967JjaO3A4bIX0o0yFHBGFw80XQiIDPEsQSv4wF1aSrIDc6RJOJ5e_ynHxgk6YQM1TEuopBxPIV5cHVh3-JxS7AtqpTiBhjds7j0sKqaWIau6FKOOfwqT9UGaKUVKlTjpr3KpOlkpPy1qz2NbjosN9iR-GxC4wKkxjnkcTkHPfiFm4Uu27euaw

Kate Ritchie's recent selfie sparked rumours of her return to Home and Away. Credit: Instagram.

Ritchie played Sally Fletcher on Home And Away from the first episode in 1988 to 2008. She portrayed the role for a total of 20 years, growing up in front of the camera, until leaving the show at the age of 28.

She made a brief return five years later, repeating the character of Sally as part of the soap's 25th-anniversary festivities, but this time it was just for a single episode.

Fans flocked to the comments section to ask if Ritchie was returning to the beloved TV series after she captioned the photo with a winking emoji, along with the words: 'Heading home and filling my cup today…'

'Don't tease me, Ritchie; it's mean!' wrote one follower, with another joining the conversation and saying, 'Is that palm beach?? Will Sally be coming back?'

'I miss you in Home And Away. Are you going to bring back Sally?' asked a third.

GByoWTSGDa-8ZNVGOZZCQlsAxjg9tDKYByyXOeXxa_YwazrfebapCY23bJvfqn4OZxMi3KqmrJABVztaUVfrXpk8lhvlPJ_ZTZpDqNVP32gWR3zqM4mawnhejxSbvQvfMZMEO7MaU6iqu8Vivi2bb8yzb1YvxpjEvLeELy_O7rwX999vfBudFh2Oow

The TV star has spoken out about her formative years on the set. Credit: Instagram.

Last year, in a rare emotional appearance on the ABC show Brush With Fame, Ritchie discussed how she felt 'lost' after leaving Home And Away.

The former actress also revealed how she was struggling to find out how to establish a life without the full-time job she'd held since she was eight years old.

'I didn't know where she (Sally) ended, and I began or vice versa, and I had to work out whether I was more than that,' said Ritchie on her role of Sally.

[nextad]s[/nextads]

'She gave me purpose and a sense of achievement. I feel differently now, after loads of therapy. I thought the only thing I'd ever done of value in my life was when I was her. I was lost, and I wondered how I was going to survive without her,' she went on to say.

'How were people going to react to me if I wasn't Sally? Sally was a great person, a great friend and a great daughter… Did people only feel something for me because they liked her?'

What do you think, folks? Do you believe the selfie is hinting at her long-awaited return to the TV show? Watch the video below to see some of Sally's best moments on the TV show and hear what it was like to grow up on every Australian's TV screen, as told by Kate Ritchie herself.

Credit: ABC News In-depth.

Reactions: June E and Ricci
Sponsored
watched Home & Away for years, now it s still running but in the background, as it seems "same old, same old", just with different names. I wish tit would be about more than relationship problems, bad guys, accidents etc. Why not get into topics like medicinal marihuana? Same sex marriage? Living with a child with down syndrome etc....

Reactions: Adi